Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

How Do You Get Out Of A Bad Mood?

Social Butterfly

How Do You Get Out Of A Bad Mood?

Here are a few of mine . . . Get out of bed and make it, Play music, Hop in the shower, Bring a meal to someone, workout, Give a compliment,  Smile, Dance, Singing, Watch/read something funny or positive, Make healthy delicious meals for yourself, Make funny faces in the mirror, Work on a hobby, Learn a new one, Rediscover an old one, Tell a joke, visit a friend, Send words of encouragement in a letter, email, text, etc.   

One accomplishment builds on another. You can do it! 

How about you? Would love to hear what brightens your day!🌞

Periodic Contributor

Sometimes, in my 20's (in the 1990's), I'd have the 'steam coming out my ears' level of stress, mostly at work.  From that, I started a thing that I call "breathe to relax"- basically just do some deep breathing, to return to some sort of neutral equilibrium, meanwhile telling myself, 'Keep your cool, it's not worth it".  
Other than that, it's what others have said, like joke, or converse, perhaps vent, with someone, sing or play, or dance (I perform), perhaps pray, take a walk, or scream into a pillow.

Social Butterfly

@GinaB566599 Congratulations on how far you have come over the years.  Lots of great ideas.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@Rhymesometimes 

Those are great ways to change a mood! 

We love to go out for a nice hike in the woods or for a nice bike ride on our many rail trails. The beauty of nature is so therapeudic! We also love to sit by the firepit, especially with family. Those things really can cure a bad mood! 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Say the Serenity Prayer to myself....

Kudos
Views
Contributor

I listen to meditations and find comfort in accepting the moment and know it will pass. 

Social Butterfly

@LouiseO941982 , I love that!  What a great attitude to have.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@jonibee Always a good reminder.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Steve @postman29  Love it!  Nothing like nature and family to chase away the blues.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP