Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

How Do You Get Out Of A Bad Mood?

Social Butterfly

How Do You Get Out Of A Bad Mood?

Zumba class with a great instructor, singing with the radio, finding great rhymes for limericks, getting a letter in the mail that is hand-written, eating the perfect peach, full organized frig. with delicious nutritious food, walking hand in hand with hubby, an afternoon nap, tucking into a good book and time with family and friends.  

What shakes you out of the blues?

Super Contributor

Reading a good book, looking through books on travel or decor, and most of all, playing music I love on the piano. Music is the best medicine!

Social Butterfly

@UpperHandsPiano  I agree! Books and music can transport you, a respite. Music is magical, good for mood and motivation. Throw some good 80's music on and cleaning the house, suddenly is fun. ( ok, maybe that's a stretch, tolerable?)

Super Contributor

Yeah 80s music was the best! I was in a band in London during the 80s. Thomas Dolby, The Thompson Twins, Howard Jones, Split Enz were my inspiration! 

Social Butterfly

@UpperHandsPiano You just upped you cool😎 factor! 😃 Would really like to heard about those experiences in a band.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

I think of it as my truly golden years. Living in London, playing and recording music was such an incredible experience. You write lyrics I see?

Social Butterfly

@UpperHandsPiano Actually it's limericks not lyrics. But who knows, maybe some could turn into lyrics. Started two months ago in this on-line community.  Entering contests the last few weeks.  Fun!

Super Contributor

Wow how fun! Good luck in your contests!

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@UpperHandsPiano  Thank you.  Once each contest ends, I've been adding them to my Writing Rhymes in the Entertainment forum under Leisure and Lifestyle.  Are you the entertainment trifecta of singer, songwriter and musician?

Super Contributor

I wrote songs in the 80s but lately I just write songs for special occasions like a friend's birthday, etc. For 10 years I composed background music for films and documentaries, which is a whole other skill set. These days I mostly arrange music for piano/vocal/guitar on Sheet Music Plus, I perform on piano and accordion (outside at the moment!) and I teach piano online and in person. Musicians wear many hats 🙂

Social Butterfly

@UpperHandsPiano Wow, you have done a great deal in your career, and continue to sound busier than ever.  Any songs or music we may have heard?

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@Rhymesometimes I sit on our breezeway with my wife and enjoy the views- her and nature. That makes me happy and reminds me of how lucky I am. I also like to listen to my favorite music when I get the chance to. Watching our favorite comedies or a funny movie helps too- and a bowl of ice cream doesn't hurt! 

Social Butterfly

Steve the @postman29 Those all sound like great things, reinforcing gratitude always helps shift mood for me too.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP