Have questions about your Medicare options? AARP's Medicare Resource Center can help.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How Did You Spend Mother's Day?

Message 1 of 12
@maricela123261: Dear maricela: Just read about your Mother's Day and it appears that you have a good attitude in "letting it go" despite having a bad day. I'm writing to send you a long-distance HUG. It sounds like you need one. I hope your future holidays are better and happier.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 12

I spent the whole day working, planed to meet with family after work at a restaurant. We were on list for an hour wait, some family members had a little disagreement. I was tired, my feet hurt and didn’t need the aggravation or noise so I went home to rest. Well my home was quite but the neighbors music/party was loud. I celebrated mother’s day with a nice cold margarita, oh well there will be better days. I just let it gooooSmiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 12

I spent my Mothers Day weekend in Richmond, VA visiting my daughter & 2 grands..AWESOME VACA!

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 12

I spent mother’s day up at the pub watching NHL playoffs!  🍺🏒

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 12

My daughter came up from Virginia to spend the weekend.

On Friday, my daughter, granddaughter, my daughter's stepmom and myself went to the movies to see Gabrielle Union's, Breaking In and did a little bit of shopping.

On Saturday, my daughter, granddaughter and myself attended a

cupcake and wine sampling event at Detour Winery.  

Sunday was just a relaxing, lazy day. The weather was dreary.

My daughter left to go back to Virginia early Sunday morning.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 12
I spent the day at home with our adult children visiting and a special visit from our oldest grandaughter and her three children. I made them (great grand-children) sundaes in special fluted dessert holders using bananas (sliced)Harlequin icecream and a sprinkling of colored jimmies..They all thought this was very special. I received a lovely Mothers' Day cake along with a box of chocolates plus a planter with flowering plant within. A Pineapple doorstop and a solar butterfly decorative table piece. The best present was visiting with all of them. Catching up on what is happening in their lives and visiting with the kids...A truly lovely day...
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 12
Great that was very nice of you😇
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 12

Had a beautiful day with the wife and her older daughter Jessica. Jessica made 5 racks of ribs, with a mixture of rice bacon and green onions. For dessert was leon cheesecake with homemade butter peacn ice cream. Here it is the next day, more then 24 hours after and I still have not had anything to eat. Freakin gulten !

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 12

I fixed dinner for my wife, and daughters their husbands and my grand children, had a wonderful day, my wife just had breast cancer surgery, and it was her special day to shine, because she gives so much of herself every day to family and friends

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 12

For Mothers's Day I received a card from my only grandchild, a beautiful young woman of 25 who teaches school in another state.  Then she emailed and sent pictures of her with her new puppy, (my great-grand dog).  My older son is recuperating from minor surgery but was going to make the 50 mile trip to see me anyway.  When he called,  I told him to stay home and rest, but we talked and emailed throughout the day.  Then my younger son and his wife, who live in another part of the country, called and we talked for a long time.  They also sent me a card and a solar light for the front yard that looks like tulip - it's beautiful.  My 91 year old best friend and former-co-worker, who never had children so isn't a mother, sent me a hand-written note for Mother's Day.  She watched my sons grow up and she was always invited to family affairs like she was part of the family.  she and I still talk every Saturday night even though she no longer lives near me. Then I wished my mother goat, Venus, a happy mother's day.  I watched  her deliver her triplets almost 9 years ago, and her two "girls" still live here on the farm with us.  It was a nice Mother's Day.  Just knowing that my sons are happy and successful makes me a happy mother.  

Kudos
Views