Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Have you used telemedicine services for your pet?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Have you used telemedicine services for your pet?

I'm curious if you've used vet telemedicine services since the FDA announced it was helping to facilitate more telehealth veterinary options. I recently had to take my dog to the vet because she became very sick. I had to wait curbside and a tech came to get her. Then, I stayed in the car while the vet called as she performed her diagnosis. We determined a treatment plan via the phone, and thankfully, Riley is on the mend. If I could've used telehealth services, I definitely would have.

There is an excellent new service for pet telehealth at www.VirtualVets.com, offered by the Independent Veterinary Network.   Cost is $39.95 for a video connection with a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, $24.95 for a text session.  Monthly plans are $9.95 on an annual basis.  One word of caution, some states will not allow a DVM to diagnose or prescribe medications without touching the animal...but even then, a Doctor can answer most questions, give advice and make suggestions.   A great time saver at a much lower cost and no hassle with taking a pet to a vet when the trip is not needed.   BTW, if a visit is indicated, the vet will quickly make that recommendation.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP