Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Have you adopted a pet?

Message 1 of 12

I'm sorry for your loss @md9965 😔 It's always hard having to let go of a pet. They are family!

Grace and Mabel are so beautiful! I love their little faces 😻 So glad you were able to find them and give them a good home 🤗

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 12

I lost my beautiful cat companion, Dory, on April 15, 2020, after 15-plus years together.  I was just beyond devastated!  My life and my home suddenly had an enormous gaping hole that needed to be filled with life and love.

Enter Grace and Mabel.  I adopted these two beauties from Our Companions Animal Sanctuary in Manchester, CT.  I brought them home on May 27th, and I am so grateful for their sweet and loving souls!  I am blessed.

Grace and Mabel.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 12

Seeing all of these sweet doggos and kitties feels like a big hug right now 🤗

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Have you adopted a pet? Yes

Message 4 of 12

This is Sammie.  She is quite entertaining and great company.  She has a mouse toy that she loves.  I will hear her howling, growling, or meowing at it.  Next thing you know, she is carrying it around in her mouth.  Sometimes she leaves it in my bed for me.  She loves doing tricks for treats.  Actually, she loves treats and is willing to do tricks for them.  She does high fives and low fives.  She circles and sits on command as well as picking which hand the treat is in.  She is also very loving and follows me around the house.227E29E5-6ED5-4278-8AD6-73837242E998.jpeg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 12

We adopted 4 male cats, Shadow, Rascal, Thomas & Timmy... sometimes they even leave room on the bed for me!All 4 cats sleeping on bed with Roger.JPGAll 4 boys on the cat tree (2).JPG

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 12

0A7DF897-3A38-4458-8286-F360DD7C0702.jpeg

This is Tatonka, a two year old Chiweenie that was rescued from a hoarding situation. He was feral when we got him but in 6 months he’s become a love! His favorite place is on my lap!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 12

8FD13B7E-3D7D-4DC8-A7D5-2A7C088CC255.jpeg

I adopted this 3 lb 2.5 years old. Love him. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 12

We adopted Milo, a 1 y.o. German shorthair pointer mix first and then followed up with Kona, an 8 week old Australian cattle dog, a month later.  Milo looks a lot like Riley!

Milo Birthday Portrait 1 2020_04_23 (2).jpgKona Cutie 2020_04.jpg

They are best buddies and an absolute joy though, as I expected, Kona is a lot of work!  Fortunately, both are quick learners.  Their joy in the world and unconditional love has been a relief during the pandemic.  Going for frequent walks (AKA squirrel surveillance missions) has gotten us out of the house regularly, which has been good for both mind and body.

Tags (3)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 12

The one positive side of working from home during quarantine was being able to spend quality time with my beloved senior German Shepherd Duke. Duke had gotten old so walks were short and less frequent. His favorite past time was simply sitting near me and looking at me with such love and devotion. He soothed my worries and gave me strength and peace. Sadly, our time together came to an end last week because of cancer. I am sure he kept fighting so that I would not be alone.

I grieved for two days and then started looking for another senior who needed a home.

Baby Bear jumped out from all the pictures I looked at. She finally has a forever home and is adjusting to her new life as we both are. Senior dogs have always been close to my heart and it brings me joy that Baby Bear can have love and happiness in her senior years.Baby Bear has a homeBaby Bear has a homeLoyal DukeLoyal Duke

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 12

Yes! We've had Teddy since 2011 and found Huey in 2016. And there many others who came before them 😍

TeddyTeddyHueyHuey

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users