Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

Guilty Pleasure: Food Edition

My favorite treat of all-time, bread pudding with no raisins, but plenty of dark chocolate sauce. YUM!  Runner-up:  A warm brownie topped with vanilla ice cream.   Christine

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I'm just sitting here trying to decide what treat I want today. Nothing that I current have on hand, of course. Can't decide between a gooey magic bar or dutch apple pie with yummy crunch crumb topping. But, all that sugar is basically just poison. I don't suppose we get good nutrition points for going for a fruit pie?

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@DeahWA , What is a "magic bar?"  Christine

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

seven-layer-magic-bars-square.jpggraham cracker crumbs

mixed with melted butter

spread on top chocolate or butterscotch chips or both

layer on flaked coconut,

add chopped walnuts,

pour over all sweeten condensed milk and bake.

Lots of variations. Easy to make.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@DeahWA ,  I've had those, usually around Christmas time.  Yum yum yum yum yum.  Christine

Community Manager
Community Manager

i'm big into chocolate - always love a warm brownie too! lately, my mother-in-law has been making these magic chocoflan cakes. it's a chocolate cake with flan and caramel on top. it's called magic because when you put the ingredients in the pan, the chocolate cake ingredients go on the bottom and then the flan ingredients go on top of that. while it bakes, the chocolate cake floats to the top and the flan to the bottom, so the end result is chocolate cake topped with flan 🤤

Social Butterfly

@AARPRachelA , Sounds delicious and really interesting how the ingredients change position when baking.  Three cheers for all things chocolate! Christine

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP