Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

For those that were married, how has life changed now that your spouse has passed?

Regular Contributor

For those that were married, how has life changed now that your spouse has passed?

Feel free to share.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

@sh58233857 wrote:

Feel free to share.

It's hard and lonely most of the time. I talk about my husband 24/7 it's going on 3 yrs now. I had open heart surgery November 15, 2019 and I coded out four times during surgery and my husband dropped dead December 1,2019 while we was eating breakfast.  While I was waiting for the ems drivers arrive at my house I could not do car on him or lay him on the floor because I had a week to go for my out patient dr appt after surgery. I still was not released to drive or left no more then 5 pounds could not bend over towards the floor and I was really pissed at myself because I was so mean after getting home from the hospital after my surgery. It was a very painful surgery and only thing I saw when looking in the mirror was a long ugly zipper scar from my top of my chest plate to 2 inches above my belly button. I had four big scars from my drainage tubs. After my husband died I could not think about  another man in my life and see me naked with all the open heart scars

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP