Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Experiences with Covid vaccine?

Social Butterfly

Experiences with Covid vaccine?

My husband is a bit older than me and just got his second dose.  He is doing great!  My first dose will be this Friday.  Has anyone received both doses?  What has been your experience?

Social Butterfly

Did not have any problems with Moderna vaccine.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rhymesometimes Great post and so GLAD it turned out okay for you😉 I had gotten my Moderna February 10, 2021 and March 10, 2021. I do not like needles 😱 Lol, always announce this when I arrive 🤣😂 But I must say nurses did an awesome job 🙂 My 1st shot was okay. The usual expected red. Then 8 days later I had what they call a DELAYED reaction. Girl, I was itching and BRIGHT RED in injection area. You can take Benadryl and ice arm, or hydrocortisone. 2nd shot, glad I went food shopping right after shot as the next day I felt like 5 buses had run me over 🤣😂 Do you think we will be PROTECTED against the VARIANTS they say are OVERSEAS? I say nope ☹

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@Anonymous Makes my little bit tired sounds like a walk through the park.  Sorry you had that reaction.  ---  Christine

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rhymesometimes wrote:

@Anonymous Makes my little bit tired sounds like a walk through the park.  Sorry you had that reaction.  ---  Christine

💥💥Lol @Rhymesometimes is this Christine or hubbie 🤣😂 Thank you for responding 😉💥💥

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Christine.  Hubby not on yet.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rhymesometimes wrote:

Christine.  Hubby not on yet.

💥ok💥

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@Anonymous That last post was my husband trying out the on line community.  Now he has to register to get on.   ---  Christine

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol @Rhymesometimes 🤣😂

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

This is slightly off-topic but did you ever get an injection with a pneumatic injector?  I did (in the Army) and it hurt a lot.  I was told that, if there was sideways motion, it would cut your flesh.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

No reaction other than a sore arm, and a touch run down for a day, for myself, and my wife had nothing. We both had the 2 dose Moderna. 
Interestingly, I had a quad flu shot two weeks previous to the vaccine, and my knee swelled up the next day. That was over two months ago…and it’s just starting to feel better now. Don’t know if that was a side effect, but the timing was curious. Can’t remember doing anything to my knee. 

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Got my J&J one and done in March. Had no desire to go to a mass vax site earlier than that, and waited until shots were available at a grocery store pharmacy not too far from me. I wanted J&J specifically because it was said to have been formulated to work against early variants, and because getting appointments was such PIA process -- why go through that twice. Except for being exceptionally sleepy the next day, I had no other side effects.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I got the Johnson & Johnson vaccine on April 3, around 1:00 p.m. No soreness in my arm where I got it. Went home, felt fine.

Around 11:00 p.m. that night I started to feel flu-like symptoms — achy, tired, nagging headache. Lousy, fitful sleep that night, but nothing too terrible. Woke up the next morning feeling better, but still had a (lessening) headache until about three p.m. And that was it.

Presuming it's doing its job, one slightly lousy night was worth it!

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

I had difficulty getting an appointment.  There is a vaccination center 2 blocks from my house but there were no appointments available.  Finally, I got an appointment at a hospital 2.5 miles from me. When I got my first Pfizer shot, there was only one person ahead of me in line. When I got my second shot, there was no line and all of the stalls (about 6) were empty.  There were more staff than patients!  No bad reactions, not even a sore arm.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Have had both doses (Moderna) last one as of March 13, 2021.  Zero issues except a little soreness in the area of the injection site and that didn't last long. 👍

Never Look Down on Anybody...Unless You Are Helping Them Up. 🙂
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Had my 1st Moderna in early March - had NO affects, not even a sore arm.

2nd one was last week and I woke up in the middle of the night with chills & fever and a headache that would not stop.  Lasted into the next mid-morning, then I just felt tired - after sleeping most of the day and the night - all was well.

I knew I should have gotten the 2nd shot in a different arm -

you know, just to even stuff out. 😂  🤣

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Johnson and Johnson this morning, sore at the injection location for a couple of minutes with no other side effects. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Yes, I have received both doses. No side effects, other than a sore arm where the shot was given.

Super Contributor

I'm waiting for the pill form that I heard about recently. I've waited to see how others were doing after being vaccinated because I have major allergies to Earth (pretty much) since childhood and that list has grown over the course of my life. I've often been told that I'm a doctor's worse nightmare, so patience is the key with me. 

Social Butterfly

I'm assuming you have an allergist, given the fact that you have "major" allergies.  Have you spoken to your allergist about your concerns with the vaccine?  They would be a good resource with your situation.  Christine

Bronze Conversationalist

My wife and I just had our first doses of the Pfizer vaccine. Other than sore arms we can't complain. We can't wait for the second shot. Thank God for modern medicine and health care workers!

Social Butterfly

@postman29 , I got the Pfizer vaccine also and will get my second dose April 2nd, and like you, I can't wait!  Heard the 2nd dose can have a bit strong reaction for some.  But, small price to pay.  Christine

Bronze Conversationalist

@ChristineH635132 That's so great to hear! We get our second dose on April 16. Best of luck April second. I'm sure everything will go well for all of us. Steve

Social Butterfly

@postman29 , Wanted to give you can update and suggestion.  Got my 2nd dose yesterday, so far only sore arm.  I was able to get my shot without getting out of my car!  Hope you two do well and no side effects.  I've heard moving your arm after shot can help with the soreness. The other thing is not to massage the area, as the soreness can spread. Christine

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@postman29 ,  Thank you so much!.  Hope all goes well for you all too.  Christine

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist

@Rhymesometimes   I'm afraid I've only had one dose.  But I wanted to send a reply that I had absolutely no side effects of any kind.  My shingles vaccine was a whole 'other story.  But then, what's true for one person can be very different for another, too.  Please don't be frightened to get yours.   😊

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosemaryF433825 my shingles which I received last year, I was okay. Same with my flu one. Now the 1st dose of the Moderna, no biggie at first. Just a little red. Then on day 8, all hell broke lose. Redness came back triple along with major itching 😱 Went online, normal for some folks (late allergic reaction). Ice pack and hydrocortisone cream for a few days. 2nd dose had me in bed the NEXT day. So glad I am retired. Laid around for 3 days. Unusual as 1st day of 2nd dose I was fine. Glad I had shopped for groceries right after getting 2nd dose as I was out of food.

Bronze Conversationalist

@Anonymous  I'm so sorry to read of your reactions to the Moderna, Angela!   I didn't realize things could go well at first, then change so drastically.  I hope you are feeling much better now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, back to normal @Rhymesometimes whatever that is/lol. 1st dose was 2/10/21. 2nd dose 3/10/21.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Rosemary, Thank you for your response.  First dose just made me a bit tired the next day and sore arm for about 48 hrs.  

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP