Highlighted

Re: Do you agree that choice of car changes as you age?

Message 1 of 33

reat

Report Inappropriate Content
Conversationalist

Message 2 of 33

Back in the 1970's, Buick had the Riviera, Gran Sport, and Regal to attract ypunger buyers. Today, Buick is using the Encore and the Regal. Buick is trying; success is debateable.

As you age, taste changes because of needs and physical ability change. Try getting in and out of a low-slung sports car when you are old enough to collect social security.

Highlighted
Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 33

@2Papa wrote:
  • Yes, I agree.  When men get old, they want a Buick!  You never see a young man in a Buick.

To be fair I've never known an young man who owned a Buick. But back in the 80s my friend's extremely hot girlfriend drove a Buick Gran Sport, and I did see him drive it, too.

https://www.google.com/search?q=buick+gran+sport+455&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwiZ4v-uxovpAhXIVt8KHQNWAOUQ2...

455 Gran Sport

Highlighted

Message 4 of 33

Off cause yes.

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 5 of 33

It has changed over the years, but has nothing to do with my age, but rather with the number of pets I would need to evacuate in case of forest fire.  Live in the forested mtns of Northern NM where a fire is a matter of when, not if.  Also, need 4x4 for winter driving.  Had a 2004 And 2010 Ford Escapes, but when It came time to replace the 2010, i Found the new Escapes too small For my 2 dogs,2cats,2 parrots and a tub of "irreplaceables." Bought a 2016 Ford Edge and find it theperfect size And very comfortable and fun to drive.  By the time it needs To be replaced, i am Hoping to be able to downsize

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 33

Sure.  I love Uber!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Message 7 of 33

I changed from fast, monster gas-guzzlers to small, fast hatchbacks. I still have the need for speed.

Highlighted
Conversationalist

Message 8 of 33

It did change for me. Like others here I'm an SUV fan. Our two cars were running fine but the Hyundai SUV was ready for a replacement. I decided to get a more luxury model and did a lot of research and test-driving. I do almost all the driving in our household.

I finally chose the 2017 Ford Edge Sport. Wider than I wanted, but I needed the extra length as the Hyundai was just a little too short when traveling with our friends. Not perfect but only a couple of minor annoyances. I prioritized what was important to me and it had everything on the "A-level" list.

I like the new safety features and we ordered the car from the factory. Took about 8 weeks. Very happy with it.

Highlighted
Conversationalist

Message 9 of 33

k968633dCheck out the Mazda 3. Very high "fun to drive" factor and overall a very good car.

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 10 of 33

Well lets see. I bought my first convertable in 1965 when I was 18 & my first SUV in 1975. I still have one of each. So much for change.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Take Pen Pal Safety Precautions:
Learn more.