Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Do You Like Self-Driving Cars? Why Or Why Not?

Message 1 of 36
Self driving cars, Hmm? I'll reserve judgement until they can actually stop for me while I'm in a controlled walk lane. I stopped driving nearly 2 years ago and I've had my share of near misses while actual drivers are behind the wheel. Now I'm supposed to take my chances with the new type. How do I know it's sober.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 36

No!  Besides the hacking issues, and scarier to me:  Think of the glitches that we find on our phones, computers,  etc  when they come to market or when some existing or new software programs have some kind of bug or need patches. Not uncommon. Even for not-new or not-complex applications. Just no. Bumper cars belong at the carnival, not on the road!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 36

I do no like them yt because they have not been proven safe enough for me.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 36

Nope. No Way. No how.

Too many variables left to chance. Technology is wonderful. When it works. It is not uncommon for so called "self driving cars" to have serious accidents even with a human along for the ride to oversee any problems. People have already been killed by this technology.

I also think it is just a program partially funded by the govnerment to get people out of their cars. So government can keep track of people. Limit where they can go and where they cannot go. I still love and enjoy driving my own vehicles.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 36

Too many hackers and too many things to go wrong. I will not ever have a self-driving car. It's just too easy to hack into computers and such now and I just don't believe that they'll be able to make them as secure as they need to be. And I actually like driving. I don't like riding as a passenger.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 36

Yes I would I think It would save lives and give humans that cannot drive access to drivability I have TBI Fibromyalgia and so on so I shouldn't drive I think that this a huge step in the right direction I would eventually like to start an air taxi service in Washington state I hopefully with God willing will be moving back home to Gig Harbor Washington To hold my daughter Ashley for the first time and meet my two beautiful grandchildren that I have been blessed with At this point I am homeless due to domestic violence and descrimination Profiling should be against the law Thank you for your time and consideration I absolutely love AARP

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 36

I like the idea but how long will it take to perfect it .

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 36

Yes because they save lives

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 36
not yet, they can determine where I am going if I change my mind.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 36
not yet
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors