Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Do You Buy Groceries Online Or Pick Them Up Yourself? ๐Ÿ›’

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do You Buy Groceries Online Or Pick Them Up Yourself? ๐Ÿ›’

• This discussion was created on March 30, 2021.
  • We would luv to hear about your shopping! 
Periodic Contributor

I definitely use curbside pickup. I still avoid being around people because of the covid threat. It is a great service. 

Periodic Contributor

I order my groceries weekly from Walmart and they deliver them to my door less the 4 hours after ordering them.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

We had a very harsh winter, so I did order groceries online from Jewel. It was so easy and I tipped the delivery person $10. Very convenient when you're stuck in the house and your car is stuck in the garage. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
  • This discussion was created on March 30, 2021.
  • We would luv to hear about your shopping! 

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I have ordered more groceries to be delivered during the pandemic and I'm afraid I'm now spoiled. It's especially nice to have the heavier items like big juice bottles and soup cans carried to me rather than having to haul them in the one block distance from my parking lot to my door. 

Except for once when the delivery guy left the totally wrong order, and the occasional difficulty finding my building, and sadly the higher prices, it has been a fairly good experience and saved me having to get out of bed hours early to shop in the pandemic's special "senior shopping" hour at 7 am!

BUT, I don't order much fresh produce or raw meat for delivery. Those need my personal eyeballs.

Regular Contributor

those 'senior hours' were ridiculous. so early, what a joke.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅApril 15, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

@DeahWA the Senior Time at the Walmart I shop at is 6am to 7am on Tuesdays. Thought about it, but way too dark to be out driving. I appreciate you stopping by to join our discussion ๐Ÿ™‚

Silver Conversationalist

I shop at my favorite grocery store, Wegmans, weekly. Does anyone else shop at Wegmans?

Regular Contributor

i shop at Wegmans.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅMarch 30, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

@LindaB671 I have never heard of them here in Virginia. Kroger, Walmart, Sam's to name a few.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

There are some Wegmans stores in Virginia but they must not be near you. We also have Walmart, Samโ€™s and Tops. We do not have Kroger or any of the other ones in the AARP Rewards program.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅMarch 30, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

@LindaB671 I will do an online search. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Conversationalist

I don't drive, so I do big shopping online once a month and then go to the store for the things that need to be replaced, like milk, eggs, and fresh fruit and vegetables. I have never had an issue with someone not following the social distance guidelines.

Shari
Regular Contributor

how do you get to the store and back home? (you said you don't drive).

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

I prefer to do my own grocery shopping as well, and still do, but when I have to choose between staying healthy vs. exposing myself to others I do not know, and possibly end up sick with Corona, I choose to shop via Instacart until things get back to some sense of normalcy in our country. I've literally been nowhere since Corona came to America, and to hear there is one worse on it's way (if not here already) doesn't make me a happy camper. ๐Ÿ˜ So, unfortunately, I am adapting to the times we are in and pray for the best for all of us. 

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP