Gold Conversationalist

Do Family/Friends Help Keep You Fit?

He picked me, and I picked him,

never need a local gym.

Walking's like a daily date,

other option's in our state.

Grand Canyon will keep you trim.

My husband Jim and I walk about three miles in our neighborhood most days.  We do it holding hands.  ( daily date reference )  And live in the " Grand Canyon State " Arizona.  Prefer walks to hikes.   ---  Christine

Bronze Conversationalist

"Walking's like a daily date"

Love love love that @Rhymesometimes 

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Deah,  Thank you for your so much.  Holding hands is something Jim and I have done since nearly the beginning of our relationship.  It helps keep us in step literally and figuratively.

---  Christine     

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I used to walk for a living, now I walk to keep living! 

We take 1 hour walks in the NH town forests 3-4 times a week. Nothing more inspirational then the beauty of nature, especially with someone you love. Makes all of life's stresses disappear for a little while.

Gold Conversationalist

@postman29 Exactly!   ---  Christine

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

There is so much to see

when she takes a stroll with me,

and it's a great time to talk

when we go for that walk,

There's no where that I'd rather be!

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@postman29  Awesome job!  You have taken to the limerick like a duck to water.  Promise not to compose a limerick about ducks.  Though. . . nah.😄

---  Christine

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Try the new AARP Perks browser tool! Get timely reminders about AARP resources, discounts, and other member benefits as you browse online. Install AARP Perks now.

AARP Perks

Members Can Play More

Membership unlocks free online games and puzzles including classic Atari Games. Join today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health