Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

Dads are outta this world!

Father's Day is almost upon us! To honor our dads, share what qualities you admire or admired about your father or father figure.

I'll start - my dad has always followed through on his promises. He's dedicated not only to his family but also professionally. I have always admired his organizational skills and his ability to stay on top of things. He certainly knows how to get stuff done! Below is a photo of my dad (pops, as I like to call him) at the Hirschorn Museum at the Yayoi Kusama exhibit. His little smile always makes me smile too ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’š

PopsPops

0 Kudos
Contributor

My dad is my hero. He was always there for me when I needed him most. When my husband passed away he was my greatest source of comfort. Anytime I was in trouble, I could always count on my dad to help me out. He is the most generous, most caring, most loving man I have ever known. He would do anything for his family. My dad is so amazing he has been a pillar of strength in my family and a source of knowledge and unstoppable will. He has fought a long battle with lung cancer and nearly died many times, but somehow he always bounces back! He broke his hip, he broke his back, he almost died of carbon monoxide poison, and he almost bled out from a tear in his stomach but nothing could keep him down. He is 75 years old and still works a full time job. He is still taking care of his family. He is so selfless and he is smart and funny. He is the most wonderful man I know. And I am proud to be his daughter. And I would do anything for my dad. I will be by his side until the day he is no longer on this planet. He is my hero. . .

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP