Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Coping with the death of my spouse.

Message 31 of 31

I'm 60 years old and my husband was only 64 in August when he had a heart attack while we were vacationing on Maui. It was the morning of the day we were to go home after 3 weeks of fun. I found him in bed not breathing and we started CPR. The EMTs were able to get his heart beating eventually and we went to the hospital for a triple bypass. Dan never woke up, although his body healed well. He hadn't had enough oxygen to keep his brain alive so my love died 5 days later. He hadn't had any symtoms of heart disease but I continue to try and find a clue that I must have missed. My brother-in-law and sister were with me when this happend, sharing the same condo. I know all of us relive that morning over and over. We were true soulmates. Connected at the hip our family would say. We had retired 4 years ago. I find it hard to come up with a reason to continue although we have a very loving and supportive family. I still cry at least once each day. I would appreciate any advice from someone who has been through the loss of a their spouse. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.