CLOSE ×

Search

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฌ CHAT THREAD!

A place to connect!

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Always cute,never naughty lol  (well,almost never ๐Ÿ˜ˆ) A relatively slow day for us all. Meat loaf for supper,then a movie with the gang. Some cocoa maybe.. BORRRRRRRING LOL

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (12/31/22) Anyone had their 1st snow? Not yet here in Cave Spring, Virginia and I am in no hurry for its arrival! ๐Ÿ˜ญ Do you like to play in it and build snow men? Lol, not me! I am inside where the heat is. ๐Ÿ˜‰

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Just a couple of inches around here,weird for us,then a 2 day rain storm with 70 mph winds took it all away. 3 hours north of here they got over 20 inches. I dont like it at all but if I was going to relocate and skip it I would have done it by now so the guys and i hunker and wait for spring.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) Lee @LeeS4949 , it is not a dumb story!!! So GLAD they found you... ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Thank you

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) Lee @LeeS4949 , how did you come up with those CUTE names (Buster, Penny, Olivia)? ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

When Penny and Olivia came to live with me they were street kitty's and extremely under nourished. The vet said they wouldnt make it 3 months. I fed them from a syringe, nutured them and loved them and it became obvious that (1) they were going to make it (2) the vet was a dummy and (3) they needed names. Penny was adorable,pretty as a PENNY so her name became Penny. I thought Olivia was a boy so I named her Otis till one day I noticed that she was not a boy at all so I renamed her Olivia. Buster came a few years later and immediately fit in but was very rambunctious. He was bothering Olivia one day and I said better watch it buster,she'll clean you little clock. and the name stuck lol   Kinda dumb but its a true story. ๐Ÿ˜ป

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) You need to write a book about them @LeeS4949 !!!! You have me "giggling" /lol ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

I dont think they can read  ๐Ÿ™„

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) Lol @LeeS4949 , not familiar with cats - why are they "sniffing" her? Is it because she has the Vet Smell on her? ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Exactly! They always smell differently (antiseptic I guess) after they get home so theres a sniff fest. Penny will put up with it at first becuz shes glad to be home and there will be treats but when she gets tired of it (and the treats are gone) she ll lightly cuff Olivia and a simple HISSSSS ๐Ÿฆ will back buster off. Half an hour later they'll be cuddling together somewhere. Fascinating dynamic if you think about it.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) Life is so GOOD!!!

Neighbor From Hell left, hopefully to her job that ends at 10pm tonight. ๐Ÿ™„ And not running an errand. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Just lighted my "scented" candle. Peace and quiet until she returns at 10pm to keep me up all night. GRATEFUL!

Anyone else into "scented" candles? ๐Ÿ•ฏ

Thanks,

Nicole ๐Ÿ™‚ (Friends & Family Forum) ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ‘ฆโ€๐Ÿ‘ฆ

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Pine scent here. Luv how it makes me think of the woods during a calm spring day.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) @LeeS4949 , how are Penny, Buster and Olivia today? ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ˜ด

Silver Conversationalist

They are GREAT!!!! Penny doesn't know it yet but she has a vet appointment on Monday.. Just routine,nothing going on.. I'm not telling her till the last minute.. The longer I take to tell her the less attitude I'll get lol. She ll be fine,luvs the attention she gets at the vet but she hates it when she gets home and Buster and Olivia smell her all over.. I'll act as referee and it should blow over without any real hostility.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 comments (12/29/23) Car passed inspection, did Walmart and now heading to take a nap. Didnot sleep well last night and sure didnot appreciate my 6am alarms going off this morning!/lol ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Silver Conversationalist

Henry sure knows what the correct priorities should be. Warm - Warm- and Warm. So happy your car passed. Thats always a pain wondering.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Doggo knows how to stay warm ๐Ÿ˜‚ Don't blame you about the alarm. I'm so glad I'm retired. I don't miss that at all.

Regular Contributor

Hi All!

I had wonderful Christmas this year.  All 4 of my boys were home for the holiday.  My eldest brought his girlfriend home to meet the family.  They are a perfect match, like two peas in a pod.  ๐Ÿ˜Š  

Santa was very good to my furbaby, Kaylee, this year.  She received several toys and treats.  Surprisingly, some of the toys are still around.  They may have a few holes in them but hey, they're mostly intact.  ๐Ÿ˜  Kaylee is a wirehaired pointing griffon.  She turned 3 years old last month and is 76 pounds.  Kaylee1.jpg

I'm going to Ireland this coming March with my youngest son.  I'm so excited, it's my first time visiting the country.  Hubby is afraid to fly so my youngest son is my travel buddy.  I've been going online getting tips on what to bring, how to dress, etc.   

Wishing you all a happy and healthy New Year!

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) ๐ŸŒฒDid you have a "live" Christmas Tree this year? If yes, how do you plan to dispose of it? If you did the "fake" tree ๐Ÿ™„ like I use to, have you had to "replace" it? I didnot do a tree this year. My grandmother started out with live, then fake as us grandkids grew out of wanting to decorate it. Lol, many episodes of the live tree's water spilling when the water container was refilled. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

A live one.. I just cant do the fake thing

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) My FurBoyfriend Henry. He was outside today with his mom and I asked his permission to take a picture so I could BRAG about him. ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—  He luvs me loving on him. Lol, I told him I am his MAIN girlfriend. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ Not sure what breed. He is 9, old like me in dog years. ๐Ÿ™„ Nicole (Family & Friends Forum)

Regular Contributor

Nicole, Henry is adorable!

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) That sounds DELICIOUS @LeeS4949 !!!

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

It is. Nothing fancy or special,just good food..

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (12/28/22) Getting hungry and heating up my Beef with country vegetables with rice I just made. Hate old rice. What are you guys having for dinner today? Another 6am alarm tomorrow. ๐Ÿ˜ญ This time to drop off my Old Lady to get her oil changed and Virginia State Inspection. Nicole ๐Ÿ™‚ (Friends and Family Forum) ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ‘ฆโ€๐Ÿ‘ฆ

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Marinaded chicken here. Some vinegar and worcestershire sauce , let it marinade all night,350 for 30 minutes,or 45 depending on the size of the chicken thighs.. Simple enough for a guy to do lol

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (12/28/22) ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿน Party Time!!! My neighbor from hell just left for work!!! Peace and quiet until 10pm tonight. She was off yesterday and I nearly went to jail for my desire to do her bodily harm. ๐Ÿ™„

Silver Conversationalist

I can see the headline now. It was an accident officer. She "accidentally" fell down the stairs 6 times. ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿค

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (12/28/22) Speaking of those darlings of yours @LeeS4949 - did Santa bring them anything? Much luv and hugs for Buster, Penny and Olivia! Nicole ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP