Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Are you in a long-distance relationship?

Message 11 of 17

Yes, we speak every day to stay connected and have been coming and going to each other for 13 years now and enjoyed many vacations together. We see each other about once every 6 weeks. It is important for that persons well-being to know someone is there for them who can give love and comfort on a regular basis.

The only problem I have encountered is from family when my partner became ill. They took over organizing things, which of course they should do, but they would not allow me to come and look after him. They insisted on getting (& paying for) a private carer whom he did not know or feel comfortable with. This was a shame. However, as much as they would like to stop me from coming to see him, this did not work and I will continue my trips for as long as financially possible.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Contributor

Message 12 of 17

Yes! We are 1000 miles apart and know it will not be forever. Communication is the key and we do that so well. We send texts throughout the day. we have a quick call in the morning and a long one everynight. we send cards and surprises in the mail We see each once a month and I leave little notes behind in his suitcase and things he brings. We are going to try Friday night date night doing facetime and making dinner and watching the same movie. We both like music and when we hear that song if we can we call each other. We try and stay connected and so far it is working. I am in the process of getting ready to move to his town after the first of the year so this too will pass for me.

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 13 of 17

No

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 14 of 17

Yes, 

Highlighted

Message 15 of 17

Yes I am in a long distance relationship

Highlighted

Message 16 of 17

Never,  never,  never stop communicating and always be 100% Ginuwine .

Highlighted
Retired Community Manager

Are you in a long-distance relationship?

Message 17 of 17

Are you dating someone who lives far from you? If so, how do you make it work? What are your tips for long-distance dating?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Take Pen Pal Safety Precautions:
Learn more.