Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Are you a good neighbor?

Message 11 of 22

I always check on my neighbors, but I want to share one of the nicest things a friend just offered to help me with- my hand cramps up on me and I was unable to wash my hair for over a week. I have been in pain and whining and she offered to come over after back to school night and wash my hair. It made me cry ♥️! 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 22

I believe I am a good neighbor. I'm always checking on my neighbors on my street not just on each side of my house but up and down the street. If they're ill can I bring you groceries can I fix you some meals? 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 22

Our neighbors had their first baby recently and Debbie built a “diaper cake” as a gift for them.  The “cake” contained 40+ newborn swaddler diapers and Catherine and Corbin were very appreciative for such a unique and useful gift.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 22

I sweep up my neighbors stairs and put the garbage cans back once the garbage has been collected.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 22
  1. I sometimes babysit for my neighbor who has three children under 8, and whose military  husband is on temporary duty, so she can run errands or for medical appointments. 

I also visit and help a widowed home-bound neighbor by taking out trash and grocery shopping for her. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 22

YES, i'M A GOOD NEIGHBOR. LAST YEAR  I ORGANIZED MY BLOCK AND WE STOPPED A DEVELOPER FROM BUILDING 24 NEW UNITS, WE GOT IT DOWN TO 12.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 22

When any of my neighbors say they’re going to be away for a few days, I park my car in their driveway for a few hours at random times to give the appearance of someone at home. As well as collect packages and to watch as sprinkler system is watering to check for blow outs. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 22

Have had neighbor's dog for nearly two weeks while he has been hospitalized.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 22

Neighbor on Fall school break (school started Aug 1 in GA) !  Taking up trash and saving Mail for them.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 22

I take up garbage cans and newspapers. Clean snow off their sidewalks and driveways. Rather than throw unwanted items in the garbage I ask nabors if they can use them. Check on the elderly. And anything else I can help them with.

Kudos
Views