Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

Are You A Financial Minimalist?

Recently heard the term "financial minimalist," and realized I've been one all of my life based on this definition:  "Spending your money intentionally on things that bring value to your life."  

What do you think of this term? Do you have a definition or understanding that is different?

Honored Social Butterfly

I have a different understanding of a "financial minimalist" - my definition has more to do with money management than spending - but the end goal would be the same - like you said, "bring value to your life" 

A financial minimalist may only have (1) bank, or one place where they have their retirement acct or accounts.  They may tend to stick with the stuff they have been use to like Certificates of Deposit rather than a Brokerage Account with mutuals or exchange traded fund [EFT].

IOW, they keep their financial matters simple or as simple as they can understand and keep up with.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly

@GailL1 , Having a trusted financial advisor can help satisfy that end of things too.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Rhymesometimes wrote:

@GailL1 , Having a trusted financial advisor can help satisfy that end of things too.

Not always for the Financial Minimalist - my definition.  

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP