Search

Any Pet News To Share? Pictures? 🐕🐱🐠

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any Pet News To Share? Pictures? 🐕🐱🐠

💥This discussion was created on March 24, 2021💥

Tell us about your pets and post pictures too 😁

Silver Conversationalist

@Anonymous  Laya’s favorite toy is the stuffed lion in the picture. Her other go to toys are a stuffed lamb and a stuffed Santa. She loves stuffed animals! ❤️

Social Butterfly

@LindaB671 , Laya has such a sweet face.  How do Molly and Laya get along in the same house?  Christine

Silver Conversationalist

@Rhymesometimes  Molly and Laya get along well together as they pretty much do their own thing. They have been together for 9 years.

Social Butterfly

Angela, I'm so sorry for the loss of you dog Jeremiah. It sounds like he was a real character!  I have been donating to an organization called The Old Dog Home.  It was started by two terrific ladies in Colorado.  One of the founders  has passed on, but the other continues her passion project of giving dogs a permanent  loving home in their twilight years.  When I order on Amazon Smile, I selected The Old Dog Home to get a small percent of my purchases to that organization.  Christine

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥March 24, 2021💥

Thanks @Rhymesometimes So I am presuming you donot/never had a pet? Angela

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Angela,  I had a number of dogs and cats throughout my childhood.  My mom would find lost dogs in the neighborhood and try and find their original owners.  If she couldn't, we adopted a number of them, or she found permanent homes. I got a recue cat after I got married, but when I got pregnant, I developed allergies.  My kids asked for a cat years later, and we adopted a recued cat and named her Starbucks. She was with us for 14 yrs and I adored her.  My new husband has sever allergies to cats, so no future kitties. We both love dogs, but don't want the full-time responsibilities at this point in our lives.  

So, bottom line, I make a pest of myself with friend's and Family's dogs.  I guess, like a dog grandma equivalent!   Christine

Anonymous
Not applicable

Social Butterfly

Angela, What a cutie!  Christine

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥March 25, 2021💥

Thanks @Rhymesometimes She is 4 and works the waiting room giving out luv 🤗 Angela

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@Anonymous  Soooo adorable!  Hope you get a chance to see her again soon.  You have had quite a remarkable life. A true survivor.  I'm glad you have your own place and are on good terms with your daughter. I struggled with depression after my divorce.  But will great medical care, I live very intentionally to keep it at bay.   Christine

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥March 29, 2021💥

@Rhymesometimes I have battled with depression all my life but through reading, counseling and networking have learn't to AVOID my triggers. Lol, I am being TRIGGERED by my upstairs neighbors from hell. So EVERY day I have to REMIND myself to NOT give up on finding a tiny cottage to rent. Thanks for sharing 🙂 Angela

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@Anonymous , I'm sorry that you have such difficult neighbors.  Is there no way to reason with them, or discussing your situation with the landlord?  I agree with you about being very attuned to depression triggers.  When my sleep cycle gets disturbed,  my appetite is thrown off and my motivation is low, that's when I'm very intentional about doing all the healthy things to self-correct.  Mostly I make sure I'm getting enough exercise, some sunshine/nature walk, not isolate or ruminate on anything for too long and follow up with my doctor.  Christine

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥March 24, 2021💥

Thanks for sharing @Rhymesometimes 😀 Angela

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

💥Wednesday - March 31, 2021💥

Any pet news and/or pictures? Pets can be anything 🙂

@LindaB671 @AARPRachelA @st18688804 What do your furbabies do when it comes to visiting the vet? Lol, I often giggle when I watch pet shows and see the reactions. Some of them KNOW it is that time and HIDE/lol. Angela

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anonymous our vet is just around the block, so we walk. Whenever we go in the direction of the vet (which is usually only when we go to the vet lol), Riley starts to get nervous and she indicates it by jumping up on me. Once we are at the vet, she starts visibly shaking and she paces. We always have to bribe her with lots of treats and be very gentle and soft with her because she's such a nervous lil baby. She's prescribed anxiety meds, but we only use those for nail trimming appts. Once we are done with our appt, she returns to her happy self.

Silver Conversationalist

@Anonymous  When Laya sees her leash come out she gets excited thinking we’re going on a hike. She jumps right into the car. When we get to the vet, however, she knows and doesn’t want to get out of the vehicle. Molly, on the other hand, sees the carrier and knows what’s up. She meows all the way to and from the vet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥April 2, 2021💥

@LindaB671 do you take Laya to any dog parks? Angela

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@Anonymous 

Laya (nor I) has never seen a dog park, other than in movies! We live in the country, but on a busy road. We have an invisible (underground) fence surrounding our two acre lot. We do, however, have nearby hiking trails we take her on. Here she is in our backyard. I’m not sure why the picture is sideways?!

93A4A4C5-2C28-4192-9204-00FC673287F7.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥April 2, 2021💥

I bet it is very pretty where you live @LindaB671 🙂 Angela

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakout® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP