Any Pet News To Share? Pictures? ๐Ÿ•๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿ 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any Pet News To Share? Pictures? ๐Ÿ•๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿ 

๐Ÿ’ฅThis discussion was created on March 24, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

Tell us about your pets and post pictures too ๐Ÿ˜

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (11/22/22) I am thinking of volunteering at the Animal Shelter. I do not have one at the moment. Luv those furbabies. 

Social Butterfly

@Anonymous That's a great idea!  

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

๐Ÿ’ฅThis discussion was created on March 24, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

Tell us about your pets and post pictures too ๐Ÿ˜

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅMonday - June 14, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

@AARPRachelA and @LindaB671 how are your furbabies doing? I have stopped crying over Athena and look back on our time with a smile now.  @AARPRachelA thank you so much for your support when I had to step away to grieve. ((lots of hugs Rachel)). Angela

Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm glad to hear you can look back fondly on your time with Athena, @Anonymous ๐Ÿ’œ Riley is doing very well, thank you for checking in! We did have a couple of incidents a little while ago where she started swallowing her dental chew when it was still too big, and it was getting lodged in her throat. Twice I had to reach in there and pull it out. So now we have to watch her while she eats it, have her drop it when there's a little bit left, and then we give her a homemade dog treat that my brother-in-law makes for her. She doesn't like that we watch her so it usually takes some coaxing for her to eat the dental chew now. Never a dull day with a dog!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AARPRachelA wrote:

I'm glad to hear you can look back fondly on your time with Athena, @Anonymous ๐Ÿ’œ Riley is doing very well, thank you for checking in! We did have a couple of incidents a little while ago where she started swallowing her dental chew when it was still too big, and it was getting lodged in her throat. Twice I had to reach in there and pull it out. So now we have to watch her while she eats it, have her drop it when there's a little bit left, and then we give her a homemade dog treat that my brother-in-law makes for her. She doesn't like that we watch her so it usually takes some coaxing for her to eat the dental chew now. Never a dull day with a dog!

๐Ÿ’ฅ@AARPRachelA yes furbabies keep is on our toes! Lots of hugs, Angela ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’ฅ

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@AnonymousOther than arthritis setting in to Layaโ€™s joints, she and Molly are doing fine. Thank you for asking.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LindaB671 wrote:

@AnonymousOther than arthritis setting in to Layaโ€™s joints, she and Molly are doing fine. Thank you for asking.

๐Ÿ’ฅYou are welcome @LindaB671 Lots of hugs, Angela ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’ฅ

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Went for a hike with Riley over the weekend ๐Ÿพ She loved it!

Riley hike.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅApril 14, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

Did she have her Doggie Hiking Boots on @AARPRachelA /lol. Thanks for stopping by to share with us ๐Ÿ™‚ Angela

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Community Manager

๐Ÿ˜„ no hiking boots for Roo, but I had mine on! ๐Ÿ˜‰

She did find a stream and she plopped right down into it while taking a drink. It was quite precious ๐Ÿ˜ I took a video but I can't upload here ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Conversationalist

BagerhaBagerhaThis is Bagerrah (named after the black Puma in Jungle Book). He will be a year old on the 5th of April. My daughter got him for me on Mothers Day last year. His favorite toy is my arm, his kicker snake, paper boxes. If you can't tell we spoil him (actually we are trying to get him to use the bigger cat tree, but he just loves his old cat tree that is way to small for him).

Shari
Community Manager
Community Manager

this is riley (aka roo, ruby, roobeth, goobeth, gooby, goobs, shmoopy, shmoops, and many many more lol). we were on our way to hike (one of her favorite activities) and i snapped this photo in the car. she's a very sweet and always alert girl. pets are truly the best. the unconditional love they provide is like a warm hug ๐Ÿค—

riley roo.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅMarch 20, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

Hi @AARPRachelA does Riley have a favorite treat? Angela

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

She loves pretty much anything you give her as she's very food motivated (that's the lab in her). Right now, her favorite thing is a little bite of string cheese. Anytime I go to the fridge, her ears perk up and she watches to see what I'm getting. If it's string cheese, she comes right over and waits for a little piece. I also give her dental chews, and she gets quite excited when the box of chews comes out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅMarch 28, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

@AARPRachelA does Riley have a favorite toy? Angela

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anonymous she's not a toy dog. She doesn't really understand them. She's a rescue and was in a pretty bad situation before we got her, and I don't think she was able to be a puppy and play until we got her, and by that time she was already around 1-2 years old. She does love sticks, though. She'll play fetch with them and romp around proudly with a stick in her mouth ๐Ÿ’œ

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅMarch 28, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

I get to see my Doggie Friend Athena tomorrow (Monday) at 10am when I stop by the homeless shelter on-site clinic to work on their planters. 14 more hours (if I counted correctly/lol). ๐Ÿค—

Social Butterfly

@Anonymous, Give that sweet furry friend a big hug and enjoy your time with her. Pls post pix! I love that you are doing some gardening to brighten up the clinic.  Christine

Silver Conversationalist

@AARPRachelA  Riley is so cute! She looks ready for the hike! You said one of her nicknames was Roo. We had our Layaโ€™s mom Roux (pronounced Roo) until she passed.

Social Butterfly

@AARPRachelA , So cute!  Christine

Silver Conversationalist

This is our 11 year old cat Molly and this is what she does when our son leaves after coming to visit.

B38455DB-7FD8-4543-982B-B7992BA11911.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅMarch 30, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

Hi @LindaB671 does Molly have a favorite treat? Angela

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@Anonymous  Smoochies for Laya and Friskies for Molly. ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅMarch 28, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

@LindaB671 does Molly have a favorite toy? Angela

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@Anonymous  Molly likes to bat at and chase little balls!

Social Butterfly

@LindaB671 , So sweet!  Christine

Silver Conversationalist

This is our 9 year old Lab named Laya (short for Jambalaya). She loves her stuffed lion. She sleeps with it, plays with it and carries it everywhere!

Laya

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅMarch 28, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

@LindaB671 does Laya have a favorite toy? Angela

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakoutยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP