Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

Any Night Owls Here?

I've always hated going to bed. There's always the sense that I will miss something important, or waste the lovely dark quiet hours.

Somehow that idea of missing something has absolutely none of the same power to turn me into an early bird, especially not after daylight savings time forces the sun to rise before the totally rude hours of 5 and 6 am!

If anyone is up, say hello and share what you like or don't like about the late late late night hours -- if you want to, of course. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol @DeahWA it depends on what time zone I guess. Yes and no for me = sometimes I fall asleep watching a movie on YouTube. Sometimes I am wide awake watching the clock.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Deah, I'm sticking to 10 PM shut-eye and 6:00 AM good morning.  Though in Scottsdale, Arizona, we try to get up even a bit earlier in the summer to beat the heat for our morning walk.  Christine

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@DeahWA , I'm pretty much an early to bed early to rise kind of girl.  Ben Franklin was on to something. ๐Ÿ˜Š But once in a great while, I'll stay up late and read a good book until the wee hours of the morning if the story really grabs me.  Need 7-8 hours of shut eye, or I can be a bit cranky. There was a stretch of time that I would fall asleep easily, and then be wide awake around 2 or 3 AM.   But, the last few years, sleeping great, and I don't ever take that for granted.  Christine

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Wasn't ole Ben just talking about men? ๐Ÿคฃ  I know what you mean about not taking great sleep for granted. It has always been elusive for me.

I get up early against my will. ๐Ÿ˜„ Then sometimes I show that part of me that insisted I get up who's boss, and take a nap or two before noon. Worst case scenario, I pretend I'm an adult, put on shoes!! and go take a walk. 

Social Butterfly

Deah, I'm sticking to 10 PM shut-eye and 6:00 AM good morning.  Though in Scottsdale, Arizona, we try to get up even a bit earlier in the summer to beat the heat for our morning walk.  Christine

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I can rarely make myself go to bed or get up that early, but I don't have the desert heat problem you do, @Rhymesometimes . I have friends near Scottsdale, and when the pandemic is over I may try to see which hours of what day I could tolerate that climate for a visit. LOL ๐Ÿ˜Ž

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Chicago has Nighthawks:

e3ee52bc-24db-3da0-6e3d-dd102848ca6d.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol @DeahWA it depends on what time zone I guess. Yes and no for me = sometimes I fall asleep watching a movie on YouTube. Sometimes I am wide awake watching the clock.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@Anonymous , loos like I went to bed before your posted. LOL It was only 1:30 for me.

I got hooked one night watching flash mob videos on YouTube that kept me up to 3 am. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @DeahWA it is a few minutes 11:10am for me, what time is it for you?

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Seattle time is 3 hours earlier than Virginia, so when you posted it was 8:10 am for me. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeahWA ๐Ÿ‘Œ

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP