Contributor

AARP DATING SITE

I have placed my profile on this site to try and meet someone that is compatible with me in my area that maybe I can began a with and see where it goes. The problem is there is a hacker of kind that is pretending to be someone he is not with pictures and profiles that tries to befriend you but it is something in the dialogue that lets you know that it is not quite right. So far I have been able to depict him within the first conservation or so but it has gotten frustrating. His responses are dead give aways. Somehow he lets me know that it is him or a friend. One thing that I have discovered is the are not from the United States. One of the conversations got to the sob story about hard times and I immediately knew that the money question was coming next but I stopped him dead in his tracks before he could board that ship. I have emailed howaboutwe.com because I am very disappointed with the paid membership but have not received a response to date. Can you folks tell me your opinion and experiences with Online dating? Please give me suggestions on how to proceed. I am 56 ( or will be next Friday) but I am ready for a relationship now that all the children are grown and on their own. I am a 2 time divorcee so i don't have patience for nonsense and playing games.

Periodic Contributor

To try again: interest sampling.. conversation,

animals (cats & dogs), so many things to talk

about, looking for friendship and companion-

ship.  Thanks for your interest!

Matthew

0 Kudos
Contributor

Nice to meet you.
I'm littie please write me through my email,address [Email removed for security reasons] From there I'll tell you about mine,I have very important thing to share with you and also send my number too. Thanks

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi Littie,

[PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED FROM PUBLIC VIEW PLEASE USE PRIVATE MESSAGES FUNCTION ON THE COMMUNITY]

Nice to meet you.

Matthew

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi Littie,

This is so frustrating!  You wrote to me and

your real email and phone were removed "for

your protection"!  As if we can't make that 

decision for ourselves!

How are we supposed to get anywhere with 

talking on our own terms?

What if you call Aarp and give them my name

Matthew Kurzon, and explain that we want to

talk to each other.. 

AAargh!!!

Sincerely,

Matthew

PS you are female?  Checking! 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have been on dating sites since Oct
This site makes no since to me . At 71 and a widow I think I can send a phone number
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello;

The site is a bit confusing.  By the way I am female & a widow also, looking for a male

widower.  I wish you the best.

Sandara Dev
0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Hello @mk87967507 

Was your contact information removed with private messages?  Just curious....

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello
How are you,
Please contact me on my private email,i want to tell you something important [Email removed for security reasons]

0 Kudos

I am great 72 going strong.  Artist tapestry weaver, boxing 🥊 sparring 5 yrs.  5’3” 135 pounds. Grandma my favorite title 2 great grandchildren.   Live in truckee California 

@LittieJ471945 wrote:

Hello
How are you,
Please contact me on my private email,i want to tell you something important [Email removed for security reasons]

Periodic Contributor

I want to meet other AARP members, who wish

to talk.  My name is Matthew, (Message edited to remove personal information).   Age 66.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

It seems no one really wants an AARP Dating Site because it is far easier to complain about dating than actual date. Dating is not sex or marriage.  It is not about finding the right person and crossing off who we believe is not compatible.  Instead we engage in senseless banter about our own personal concerns or generalized criticism of the opposite sex.

AARP dating could work if its goal was to bring people together beyond disjointed postings and unconnected topics.  Dating requires getting to know someone and joining together with them to do something productive.

Regular Contributor

I Agree.......

0 Kudos
Contributor

I totally agree, i will be 51 this year and recently single, just looking to date and chit chat but its hard because I'm not interested in your past our to discuss mine lol...i rather talk about what Coffee you like instead

0 Kudos

Hi Greetings warmly in the AARP Dating Site,

I'm up this morning and seen  your post and sounded interesting.  I am 56 and been divorced since 2009.  I been on my own since 2008.  I am looking for someone that can communicate and we can bounce off information back and forth that we are compatible with. 

Contributor

0 Kudos
Contributor

You sound lntresting. I would like to talk with you.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Contact me. Let's see what happens.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi,  this is pattycakes67 and wasn't sure if your message was for me or another person on this site....l find it a bit difficult trying to navigate here and usually can't  respond to messages without messaging every one else. If not mgs for me....please accept apology and do have a pleasant day!

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@TeresaW749156 

Morning Teresa 

Welcome to Our Community 

Want to let you know if you are responding to a particular person's posts When you post put @ [just as I did you above]  it'll bring up list of persons posted just pick them out of list that way we will know who you are posting/replying to

AARP doesn't have a dating app or service which is what this post is about but you certainly can meet others here and send private messages to others if you desire; which use if you want to give out personal information if you post your email or other info They'll remove it so its best to use the message system 

Any questions Just post and folks will help you 

Again Welcome & Good luck 

Have a beautiful day !

Ginger  :  ) 

🙂 Smile & the world Smiles with you 😉 Pass one on....its free
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@TeresaW749156 

Also Teresa there are tons of Forums in the Community 

Front Porch has folks who check in everyday 

Lots of topics you can read and posts to. ... Enjoy the discovery of it all

Ginger  :  ) 

🙂 Smile & the world Smiles with you 😉 Pass one on....its free
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

You're welcome Ginger.  Being a single senior citizen is not easy and definitely not for wussies but I believe that we're a tough breed though.  While becoming single again, at this point in my life, was devastating, it most certainly wasn't the worst thing that could have ever happened to me.  I don't say that to trivilize or disrespect anyone else's devastation of becoming single and alone at this age, I just want to express that we can survive and we can move on to still live fulfilling lives.  It's just that our lives will be different; we develop a new normal, of sorts.

Anyway, I wish you well and I hope you find what you're looking for, whatever that may be.  Have a wonderful weekend.

Donne:)