Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

A Perfect Post-Covid Day?

I've been thinking of all the simple things we took for granted pre-Covid, and what life will look like on the other side. Eating waffles in a sit down restaurant.  Spending the day with my daughter, and her cat Pickles.  Getting a group together for game night. Going to a little community theater. Having drinks out with friends. 

What will you do?   Christine

Bronze Conversationalist

A perfect post-covid day for us will be July 4, when our children and grandchildren will all be fully vaccinated, and everyone will come to our house for a cookout to celebrate mask-less! I can finally break in that new grill this year too. We will end the day sitting around the firepit as the stars come out, listening to the fireworks in the distance, and appreciating the fact that our family made it through covid ok. This is the way life is supposed to be!

Social Butterfly

@postman29 , Sounds like a perfect day to me!   Hope you have a wonderful time with your family, the weather is perfect and the sky is clear. 

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

There has been a certain appeal to being nearly incognito behind the mask and therefore not worrying about what my hair looks like or if my clothes match. LOL  But I'll be glad to be recognizable again at my [remaining] favorite restaurants. I'm so eager to get out and travel, visit out of the way historic sites and local museums, take some art classes, join a book club that meets in person. Just meeting new people face to face will be a nice change.

Social Butterfly

@DeahWA , I sure miss the book club I was in for three years.  Looking forward to going back in person.  AARP has a book club, but I'm not on Facebook.  ( I know, I know, one of the few )  Just think it could be another avenue for identity theft.  🤔 Deah, you indirectly gave me another topic!  😃 Christine

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP