Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Recognized Social Butterfly

A MIND-BENDING COINCIDENCE

A Mind-Bending Coincidence

Occasionally during the pandemic, I have invariably waved and said hello to Moses, a close friend of my “adopted” Mum, Celia. Each time that I have seen him as I walk on my street, he is either slowly riding or just straddling his motorcycle. He always reciprocates my greetings. Whenever I have told Celia about seeing Moses on his bike, she swears that he has no motorcycle. I politely disagree. How could I discount what I have seen so often?

But the other day when my wife and I were visiting Celia, Moses called. My wife told him that Celia was indisposed and then handed me the phone. After some brief chitchat, I asked Moses how things were going with his motorcycle. He said that he didn’t have one. Not only that, the only time that he has ever seen me has been at the Temple. I believed him. Celia, who has no cognitive deficiencies at age 99, (I should be so lucky), was right. Before hanging up, Moses lightheartedly said that he must have a double, a “doppelganger.” I facetiously agreed with him.

An hour later as I began to listen to HPR news, the announcer joked that a celebrity must have been stalked by a “doppelganger.” Holy Moses!

I guess that I’ll have to tell Celia about my misperception. She will be amused and sympathetic. No matter how off track I may be, Celia will see to it that I continue to flourish in the Promised Land of her good graces.

Snippets from Honolulu

man with book and dog  backpeddler occasionally glancing behind him so that he doesn’t fall into the canal multiuplication of dust bunnines    women’s dresses are on the bottom level, so are the men’s. The true jesus mission church of  The latter rain  woman swaths of bold black and white intersecting tattoos on one of her extra-long legs from thigh to ankle.  She walked languorously perhaps to showcase the artwork.

A Mind-Bending Coincidence

Occasionally during the pandemic, I have invariably waved and said hello to Moses, a close friend of my “adopted” Mum, Celia. Each time that I have seen him as I walk on my street, he is either slowly riding or just straddling his motorcycle. He always reciprocates my greetings. Whenever I have told Celia about seeing Moses on his bike, she swears that he has no motorcycle. I politely disagree. How could I discount what I have seen so often?

But the other day when my wife and I were visiting Celia, Moses called. My wife told him that Celia was indisposed and then handed me the phone. After some brief chitchat, I asked Moses how things were going with his motorcycle. He said that he didn’t have one. Not only that, the only time that he has ever seen me has been at the Temple. I believed him. Celia, who has no cognitive deficiencies at age 99, (I should be so lucky), was right. Before hanging up, Moses lightheartedly said that he must have a double, a “doppelganger.” I facetiously agreed with him.

An hour later as I began to listen to HPR news, the announcer joked that a celebrity must have been stalked by a “doppelganger.” Holy Moses!

I guess that I’ll have to tell Celia about my misperception. She will be amused and sympathetic. No matter how off track I may be, Celia will see to it that I continue to flourish in the Promised Land of her good graces.

schlomo
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP