Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

300,00 what ??!

Yikes ! I know my husband & I have collected a lot of junk over the years, but, really ?

We are thinking seriously of moving, but come to a stalemate when I suggest tossing what is not much good, donating the rest; giving to the kids. He's reluctant to 'toss out', donate stuff he doesn't use, etc. As they say, "you can't take it with you". Anyone have ideas ??  😜

Hope you're all having a good summer !  😊

Sandee2
Regular Social Butterfly

Sharing my personal experience; not suggesting...

Lost employment, then home... during the move I realized nothing among my thousands of books, CDs, when everything could now be digital, if I chose...

I feel I don't need physical objects any longer; I can be happy with digital, even though I used to NEED physical objects. These not only help me but the ecology...

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Social Butterfly

@WebWiseWoman Wow, you have been through so much! It's amazing as we go through life, the shifts that are made between WANTS and NEEDS.  I hope that you have been able to land on your feet, and wish you the very best. 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@ss11943859 One thing that was a game changer for me, was when I had to clean out my mom's house three years ago when she passed.  I don't want my kids to have to deal with a ton of "stuff."  Odds are, the kids are not going to want any of our stuff, but will be forced to process it.  Kid's don't want Precious Moments figurines and two sets of fine china.

Focus on getting rid of your stuff, and then enjoy the freedom.  I have an empty drawer in my kitchen right now.  It feels amazing!  The less "inventory" you have, the easier to maintain.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP