Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿšดโ€โ™‚๏ธ Tell Us About YOUR Childhood Memories!

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿšดโ€โ™‚๏ธ Tell Us About YOUR Childhood Memories!

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

*READ comments, ADD a comment*

As we AGE, we see ourselves in our YOUNGER family members.

Lol, remembering how WE were at THEIR age! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Nicole ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ‘งโ€๐Ÿ‘ฆ (Friends & Family Forum)

Trusted Social Butterfly

(Friday 1/12/24)

I wish I knew the location of my old High School Biology teacher. This lady took an "interest" in me as I dealt with MAJOR family issues.

At age 65, I let my daughter's (only child) old High School teacher know how much I APPRECIATED her "help" with her. To this day, Mrs. Moses is in HER life.

Teachers are AWESOME (well, some are)  ๐Ÿ‘

Trusted Social Butterfly

Lol Allen!

Gold Conversationalist

Ya Mon!Ya Mon!

Ya Mon! LOL!!!

Trusted Social Butterfly

(1 comment) Aha, Allen  @Therapist4u   - you know PATWA/lol  ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

โœ@Therapist4u wrote:

Ya Mon!Ya Mon!

Ya Mon! LOL!!!โœ ๐Ÿ“ธ Allen Attached A Picture ๐Ÿ“ธ

Gold Conversationalist

PATWA

PATWAPATWA

LOL!!!

Trusted Social Butterfly

4 comments (8/21/23)  I grew up in the country and remember making a HUGE kite and running all over our acres of land TRYING to get it to fly/lol ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

It did a few times on REALLY WINDY days.

My dad would hold it up as he was very tall. Once the wind got under the kite, off we went.

And we will not mention how many ended up in a tree! ๐Ÿ˜ข

Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Gold Conversationalist

And we will not mention how many ended up in a tree!

like this??

And we will not mention how many ended up in a tree!And we will not mention how many ended up in a tree!

Trusted Social Butterfly

(2 comments) Exactly, lol Allen @Therapist4u ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚. So Denise let you out finally I see. Nicole ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Gold Conversationalist

Only for a little bit ....sheโ€™s getting Suspicious๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ‘€LOL!

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist

Charlie Brown & the Kite Eating TreeCharlie Brown & the Kite Eating Tree

Anonymous
Not applicable

*READ comments, ADD a comment*

As we AGE, we see ourselves in our YOUNGER family members.

Lol, remembering how WE were at THEIR age! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

๐ŸšAs a child, I ENJOYED riding the bus to work with Grandpops and MamaMae - grandparents.

They NEVER drove, always the bus. And NEVER owned a vehicle!

MamaMae would leave too early for me โ€Œ๐Ÿ™„โ€Œ so I would ride in with Grandpops.

Then ride back home with MamaMae as he got off late at night. Lol, too late for me. โ€Œ๐Ÿ˜‚โ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿคฃโ€Œ

Nicole โ€Œ๐Ÿ™ƒโ€Œ

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

๐ŸŽ‚ I stopped celebrating my birthday when I left home at age 18.

But EVERY summer I would be visiting my grandparents and that was when I had my birthday.

ALL family was invited, home-made icecream (lol, loved eating it, but not turning the bucket) and musical chairs.

They had a huge front and back yard.

My grandmother had a catering shop and my grandpa taught catering at same location so you KNOW my "cake" was AWESOME.โ€Œ๐Ÿ’ƒโ€Œ๐Ÿฅณ

Nicole โ€Œ๐Ÿ™ƒโ€Œ

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿœ I use to keep "ants" as pets and sit for hours watching them both in my jar (with holes and sugar) and on the bushes and grass.

Fascinating insects!

Nicole โ€Œ๐Ÿ™ƒโ€Œ

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Anonymous wrote:

Lol, remembering how we were at "their" age..... ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

We would luv to hear from you!

Thanks,

My one childhood memory is my pearl handled revolvers and their loss.

My pearl handled cap guns were my pride and joy.

My best friend lived in a house that was through the woods that separated his housing development from ours. I crossed those woods many a time.

One crossing had me having an emergency call of nature due to something I must have eaten.

I took my revolvers off, answered the call of nature, and ran home.

I forgot to put my revolvers back on. I asked my mom to allow me to go back out and find them but it was too late in the day.

I looked the next day but never found them. I can still remember how upset I was.

Now when I see the Lone Ranger and his pearl handled revolvers or when I see General Patton and his pearl handled revolvers, my memories flow back of the loss of mine....65 years later.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing with us!

Silver Conversationalist

Any memory involving grandparents touches a very special place in my heart ! Thank you...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Honored Social Butterfly

@Anonymous wrote:

๐Ÿ‘‹(1/7/23) I use to keep "ants" as pets and sit for hours watching them both in my jar (with holes and sugar) and on the bushes and grass. Fascinating insects! Anyone else kept them as pets as a child? ๐Ÿค”

I didn't keep them as pets but being the mischievous little boy that I was, I did "blow up" ant hills with firecrackers.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

I had an ant farm when I was a kid. It was a glass case,wood framed with glass "windows " on both sides so I could watch the tunneling. Fascinating!

Silver Conversationalist

There are many memories for me,both good and bad, but all have the common thread of how they effected my life in positive ways. The best by far is the time I spent visiting my grandparents. My parents struggled in most aspects of life, raising 3 kids they didn't really want (it was obvious,trust me) and dealing with each others disappointment with their toxic marriage in general created an atmosphere of stress and contempt. My grandfather heard that at age 5 or so I had discovered fishing and asked if I would "go" with him. I was amazed! An adult wanted to do something with ME! My mother said no of course but gramps spoke to her ( a power shift of sorts in my favor) and the end result was a wonderful and fulfilling relationship with my grandparents that lasted until their passing many years later. From them I learned that love can be and should be given to those that deserve it,not just demanded and expected due to blood lines. They taught me to respect and enjoy nature,and let others be who they are. They had a big part,for good or bad,in making me who and what I am today. For that I am eternally grateful. My fondest childhood memory for sure. I love you gram and gramps. See you soon. ๐Ÿ˜

Periodic Contributor

Thatโ€™s priceless ๐Ÿ˜Š

Anonymous
Not applicable

Silver Conversationalist

I shudder to think what my life would have been without them.I certainly needed love as well and I know now that my grandparents were lonely too. I can still my gramps rattling around the corner in the road to my driveway to pick me up for a visit. I miss them so.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

Awwww, Iโ€™m loving it ๐Ÿ˜Š 

Trusted Social Butterfly

What a wonderful memory and I bet you can describe that beautiful birthday cake to a "T:...

Trusted Social Butterfly

I lived in Roxbury as a child and have pleasant memories of Spring time with the Duncan Yo-Yo representative showing up in the neighborhood to demonstrate how to use the Yo-Yo and he would have a contest and the winner received a black Yo-Yo with make believe diamonds on the surface..Also recall a truck coming into the neighborhood with a Merry-Go-Round on the flat bed and for a small fee one could ride on the horses within the Merry-Go-Round..Also the icecream vendor with the musical bell calling the kids to come and buy icecream  it was like the Pied Piper..I also remember going to Boston Common to the Frog Pond to swim..we would take the trolleyi later on the tractless Trolley then the train to down town Boston...This was a very special treat that my girlfriend and I were allowed to take with out an adult something that you would never think of doing today...Her Dad was a China repairer and this is where I got my love for collectibles and antiques just viewing all the fine pieces...We would play out on the street (red rover or dodge ball or hopscotch) as not too many cars were congesting the area or go to the park to swing on the outdoor playground equipment jungle gym and slides...We spent our days outside playing not like todays kids that remain inside..Laundry use to hang outside on lines on wash day...The neighbors kept their eyes on the children and some got reprimended for their behavior then it was reported to the parents..They use to have vaudeville acts at the local hall that attracted quite a crowd. Halloween was a fun time to dress up in old clothes and trick or treat safely..At Christmas little boxes of hard candy was handed out to the children in school or at sunday school..In the Spring our church always has a May Procession honouring the Virgin Mary by placing a wreath of flowers on the statue of her...It was a time when people were neighbors and talked while sitting on the "Stoops" front steps of the apartment building where we lived...Some owned house others rented...We kept our neighborhood clean sweeping and washing the hall stairs and keeping the sidewalk clean, not to forget the chalk hopscotch blocks that were used all the time..Marbles were popular as well as ball and jacks and some even played with jack-knives to see who could get to the farthest point today this would be frowned upon..roller skating was also done and making a skooter with a wooden box a plank with wheels from old roller skates..cap guns were played with too..This gave me a chance to go down to memory childhood lane which I enjoyed remembering and hope you enjoy it too...

Trusted Social Butterfly

Another memory that comes to mind is when I took ballet dancing lessons and wanted to volunteer my talents at a variety show that the dancing school was sponsoring..Well It was for "Private lesson students" and I wasn't one of those . I arrived with my costume on and was told I couldn't perform and the tears started ..Well the dance instructor felt bad and announded to the audience that I really wanted to dance and was allowed and got a tremendous hand clapping which made my day and a great memory to look back on time to time..Never give up is the byline here...

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP