Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

โ›„๏ธ How Do You Stay Warm? ๐Ÿ How Do You Stay Cool?

Anonymous
Not applicable

โ›„๏ธ How Do You Stay Warm? ๐Ÿ How Do You Stay Cool?

1 comment โžก๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again. โฌ…๏ธ

Read comments and/or comment.

WE would luv to hear from YOU!

SUMMER: A large floor fan helps to move the air around and keep my Electric Bill very low.

WINTER: Thermal everything - clothes, socks and curtains keeps my Gas Furnace from working too hard.

Thanks, Nicole ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ‘งโ€๐Ÿ‘ฆ (Friends & Family Forum)

0 Kudos

โ€˜Poor houseโ€™ LOL, ainโ€™t heard that since I was a boy many moons ago๐Ÿ™„

For warmth layers.  Under Armor base layer shirt/pants under a set of thermals will do the job.

Buy a wool blanket and sheet set per person and stow for very cold times like when my furnace has been out since 12/23โ€ฆ.thick socks over very thin ones will wick sweat and are warm.  Head hands and feet are what matter most for warmth.  When a body gets cold enough it starts transferring heat away from extremities to internal organs and those are what essentially act as a thermostat.  What gets cold first?โ€”dress that part warm and youโ€™re a step ahead.  heavy water resistant boots keep snow off docked feet that would get soggy.  

For cool, box fan in the window when possible and always aimed to circulate air in the house.  If a/c is out you can put a big bag of ice in front of a fan on a flat surface.  And stay hydrated.  A surprisingly large percentage of ppl donโ€™t pay attention to water yet every cell in the body contains it.  
I deployed to Saudi in โ€˜91 and picked up a cpl things.  You can wear a loose knit shirt and air can get through.  Skull caps are good for dealing with sweat regardless of any style concerns.  If I truly need to wear something the look doesnโ€™t matter, only the utility of it.

in all these things it is about function not fashion.  If u want to dress well for the weather itโ€™s probably not going to look gorgeous unless weโ€™re taking hot weather and bikinis.

Thatโ€™s all I have for that one.

Take care & God Bless!

~Sean

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP