Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Syncing Fitness Tracker with AARP Now to earn Rewards points

Regular Contributor

Syncing Fitness Tracker with AARP Now to earn Rewards points

I see that you can sync your fitness tracker to the AARP Now app and earn Rewards points for hitting fitness milestones. However when you drill down to the instructions it says you need v3.20 of the AARP Now app to sync the fitness tracker, yet my Apple App Store only has v3.19. I have AARP support looking into this but wondering if anyone else has been able to find v3.20 and/or sync their fitness tracker (specifically Apple Health on the iPhone).

Regular Contributor

Open the app/ In the lower right-hand corner there should be an AARP logo/tab. Cilck on that. The resulting page should have your AARP Rewards total. Click on that. Then the resulting page should have a link to sync your Health app.

Periodic Contributor

Has anyone received any point for steps I get my 10000 steps daily and have never received any points. I downloaded the app and still nothing

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PaulH732761   Are you earning points with the fitness tracker now? 

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

No, still not getting the points.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@randymi1953   Can you send me via private message (info here if you do not use:  https://community.aarp.org/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/pm#pm)  or post here the tracker and version you are trying to sync.  Thanks!

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I have the Fitbit Charge 2.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Still not getting points I'm using a Fitbit charge 3

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

No.  I've called AARP & Fitbit twice & no concrete answer.  Each say to check with the other. 

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@vag   Have you tried removing all and then trying again?  Sometimes there can be issues when initially syncing.  Please try this and let me know if it gets resolved.  Thanks!

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Attn Terri/AARP:

I 1st contacted you on 9/27/19, as even though my fitbit was synced w/AARP, I wasn't getting any Rewards points for my steps.  At one of your online "chat" reps instructions, I removed AARP approval on my fitbit app & attempted to re-sync, but your website wouldn't let me.  It took countless attempts over about 25 days before I saw my"fitbit" appear on my AARP Rewards page, however, when I check w/fitbit, they don't show AARP has requested authorization to be synced.  I've removed both apps on my phone & re-installed both; I've changed battery in fitbit.  I'm at a loss what to do!

It's been over a month & STILL no points on AARP Rewards for my fitbit steps.I've had 13 days over 10,000 since 10/5/19.  Who can help me????

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@vag   We were able to look into this and the error is happening when you leave our site and go to Fitbit pages.  You may want to see if your browser is compatible with Fitbit services.  Let us know what browser and hoping Fitbit can help you.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Yes, I've tried.  I removed AARP Rewards from my fitbit.  Now AARP site won't let me link to fitbit!  When I hit "Sync a tracker", then "fitbit", then click on the red "Log in to fitbit" button on bottom--NOTHING happens.  The screen just sits there.  The red "Log in..." button does NOTHING.  

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

P.S. According to a chat with a fitbit agent, AND www.fitbit.com/partnership......AARP is NOT a partner with them
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Apple doesn't seem to be working.  When will it be set up?  

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have had the same problem.  I'm curious as to the outcome.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@jbear105  @Solotreker  Apple can take up to 24 hours before it is live for all users, please check back again tomorrow and if still an issue let us know!!

Thank you!

AARPTeri

I just saw this thread... is it live now? It's been... 9 months...
Contributor

I still can't sync Apple Health with AARP NOW. 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@mannytwotwo wrote:

I still can't sync Apple Health with AARP NOW. 

Did up upgrade AARP now to V3.8 on your iPhone?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I ran into the same issue this morning.  Looking forward to finding out what to do in order to sync my Apple Health app to the AARP Now app.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP