Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Trusted Contributor

No points for watching videos

I have watched several videos.  No points were rewarded.  I can do a quiz and receive points.  I am no where near the daily limit on points.  I am on an iPad.  I would like to know what has happened.  I did receive points for watching videos on Monday and Tuesday on my iPad, but none today.  I am getting very discouraged with the new reward program.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I am on a new laptop running Windows 10. The problem I have with the videos is, after I watch them once, two messages appear at in the video screen which are apparent coding messages. I then have to agonizingly sit through the video AGAIN at the end of which I may or may not get the points. Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't. What a waste of time! Can this be fixed?

Furthermore, some of the videos need to be shorter - sitting through a 5 minute, 35 second Dr Phil video is hard enough but then to have to sit through it again and still get nothing is just plain hateful. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @BeachGirl23 

I didn't receive points for 21 videos watched on 11/11Smiley Sad

I'm using Windows 10, Chrome's latest browser and various others, (4) different devices; haven't experienced that problem.  Hopefully they'll correct many issues.  I've watched every video on site, there are some yearly Dr. Phil videos that are over 30 minutes or an hour long, believe it's his TV show.  I don't watch Dr. Phil.  Very time consuming for 300 points, these should be 1,250 pts. like old R4G.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Bronze Conversationalist

Watching videos seems to work on some browers/computers, and not others.

I recently can no longer obtain points watching videos. When I press play, it has me go through a security check and re-login and I am stuck on the page. I know it is a video issue because I can do the quizzes and tools/calculators without a problem.

I actually have no problem with them nerfing the ability to receive 300 points daily for watching the same video every day. I can understand weekly or monthly. So I actually don't think this is a tech glitch. I think AARP has locked me out for obtaining points by watching videos.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I have been having a problem with not getting points for videos for weeks now. I have sat through a video, get no points, a message with 'Direct link https://(link address)' followed by 'Embed Code<iframe src=(address)' appears. 

I get the same results on my new Windows 10 laptop and my Apple IPAD. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @AristotleOfGreece 

James all my points disappeared this morning😮  After changing between (3) different devices, (3) browsers including Chrome and logging in & out on all devices and browsers to no avail.  The 4th attempt using Chome & logging out and in everything started working on all browsers and devices, and points appeared.

This delayed me 30 minutes trying to get the site to work😡

As I stated before we should be compensated with a $250 Visa gift card for being Beta testers for AARP Rewards program.  We aren't employees we are paying members and deserve better or compensation for being used as employees.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am having a similar issue except I am only getting partial points for watching videos - I just signed up, btw, having been an old rewards member.  I watch a video for 300 pts, from the list under EARN, and I am granted maybe 100 or 200 pts without an explanation.

Forgot this part - I am on an HP Desktop, using Chrome and Windows 10, all updated.

Community Concierge

@d589759f  We'll take a look at your account and get back to you!

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @11320cs 

Diana, I bet you can't view your Transaction History back to the beginning of program eitherSmiley Sad  

It seems that if something is working, the goal is mess it up!  I'm not seeing any problems being fixed.

Hope you get credit for the videosSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@11320cs   We are sorry that you are experiencing this issue - can you tell me what browser and version you are using on your ipad?  We will try to help determine what is going on.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Same problem.  I click on the link in today's AARP email, sign in and watch the video, only to get a "You just missed AARP Rewards" messsage and no points.  It's happened several times now.  The re-design is not great . . . 

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@Littlebit1353 We identified an issue this morning: https://aarp.info/2KLMRJk

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

My ipad is a 6th generation.  Software version is 13.2.2.  I have been using Google Chrome.  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

diana14  Unfortunately, there is a technical problem with those devices. AARP has identified the issue with our video vendor and they are working to resolve the issue, and resolution timing is TBD, Please continue to use your laptop for those videos so you are awarded all the proper points. Thanks!  

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP