Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Contributor

Hey AARP - you cheated me!

So I got this email from AARP to "spin the wheel" on my birthday to earn extra points.  So I did and the Wheel clearly says "1500 pts" but the "congratulations" says only 750 pts!  What a SCAM!  Here's a screenshot:

Well - I can't see the screenshot - - here's what I got when I tried to post: 

"Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied."

This is really lowww AARP! 

Conversationalist

WOW!  I have never seen this.  My husband and I have been members since 2001.  Neither he nor I have ever received an email for this.  Consider yourself special, I certainly consider us as not special after seeing this.

Trusted Social Butterfly

@hondochica  & @AARPJanelleM 

What type of email is this?  What is the subject of AARP birthday email?  I've never received this in the 7 years as a paying member.

Can I spin the wheel even though my birthday has passed?

Have a Blessed Day

@mi4090 

Community Concierge

@mi4090 @shamit We began offering a birthday bonus via email in September 2021, I was able to opt you both in for that email today! You can go directly to www.aarp.org/rewards/earn/birthday21/ to access the prize wheel, this URL is valid one-time per user. If you redeemed your birthday points already, you will see the message "You already scored birthday points!" Enjoy!

Social Butterfly

@AARPJanelleM 

Hey Janelle

I've also never seen bday email... been AARP member since 2008 when turned 50 

I tried using link you attached above wheel would spin 1st got 1500 then 750 but no points 

Will you please add me to link with ability  to spin & receive points?

Thanks for all you do

Enjoy your weekend 

Ginger  :  )

Community Concierge

@gm5271 Thanks for being a member! You should receive the Birthday email going forward. Your balance has been adjusted and you can confirm this by checking your transaction page: https://www.aarp.org/rewards/transaction/ 

Social Butterfly

@AARPJanelleM 

Hey Janelle 

Thanks! 

Link didn't work &ck'd didn't see in transactions til realized may be in adjustments I saw it there Thanks! Appreciate your help and all you do for members

Take care have a blessed beautiful day 

Ginger  ;  )

Community Concierge

@gm5271 Whoops, my mistake! You are correct, it should show on the adjustments page, not transactions 😊 You are most welcome, you know where to find me if you need anything!

Social Butterfly

@AARPJanelleM 

Hey Janelle 

Thanks.... good to know your here for us! 😍

You weren't really incorrect...cause all is listed under Transactions History heading 

I should've been more precise in my wording... instead of saying 'ck'd in transactions' Actually was ck'd under Transactions in Earned Points didn't see but found under Adjustments since you posted it vs my actually doing activity to earn points. 

Again thanks & having birthday wheel to spin each year is a nice bonus for members 

Take care 

Ginger  :  )

Trusted Social Butterfly

@AARPJanelleM 

I've cleared cookies and cache on (4) browsers and getting nothing but a spin.  No Congratulations, No Updated Points in Transaction History or You Already Scored Points at all.

The link doesn't work correctly for me.

Thanks and have a great day.

@mi4090 

Regular Contributor

Hi,  

I did the same as others.  

spinned the wheel. 

the arrow stopped at 1500, but the display quickly changed to 750.  however no points were recorded, 

so, I tried it again, just to see what it would do, and it allowed me to spin again.  exactly same result (1500, becomes 750, and no addition of points to my rewards total).

mmm.  there seems to be a problem with this promo.

thank you for looking into it.

Judith

Community Concierge

@Mimi7Jud Thank you for that additional information. I was able to send you a private message here on the Community site. Please let me know if there's anything I can do!

Trusted Social Butterfly

@AARPJanelleM 

I just tried for my birthday points by spinning the the wheel using the link you posted.  It stopped on 1,500 points.  Didn't say Congratulations at all, no update of points to Transaction history.

Please help with adding my points that I haven't received since becoming a paying member.Screenshot 2022-10-24 at 08-19-52 Birthday21.png

Have a Blessed Day,

@mi4090 

Community Concierge

@mi4090 Thanks for reaching out! The birthday wheel was introduced just last year (Sept 2021). Upon reviewing your account, your bday is listed as being in January. This is likely why the birthday wheel was not working properly for you. This issue was resolved for you when you gave us a call yesterday. Keep an eye out for your birthday email with your personalized link on your birthday! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything.

Regular Contributor

Yes, it was a b-day "make a wish" . .   sorry you've never gotten this

kelly

Community Concierge

@hondochica Let me help! 1500 points is the maximum that you can win on the birthday spin. I reviewed your account and I see that the wheel landed on 750 points when you did the spin. This is why you received 750 points to your Rewards balance. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

@AARPJanelleM- Sorry Janelle - I took a screenshot - the "congratulations" says 750; but the wheel clearly points to 1500! here's the image:

aarp_bday_pts.png

Regular Contributor

Looks like 1,500 to me. Maybe AARP assumes that us 'old people' are half-blind & stupid.

Social Butterfly

@hondochica, I am not sure if this is the case, but I thought I would answer.

Have you checked your "Transaction History" at the top of the rewards page to see if you were given all the points for that activity? 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Thanks @Vexed - good idea and I checked and got only 750 pts -

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

You are welcome @hondochica . It was worth a look.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@hondochica, I am not surprised at your issue.

This is the same AARP that partnered with THE ENTERTAINMENT BOOK for coupon rewards where I earned enough points to print a coupon for a free round of golf at one of our local golf courses only to find:

(1) The golf course was closed due to bankruptcy.

(2) The golf course closed, due to bankruptcy, PRIOR to the appearance of the coupon in AARP'S reward program.

(3) The golf course had been closed over a year prior to the appearance of the coupon in AARP'S REWARD PROGRAM. The course had weeds growing, chain link fences surrounding it, padlocks on the fences.

(4) Further research showed that the course was forced into bankruptcy because the owners of the course had been involved in spurious legal matter. The government forced the bankruptcy.

Since then, and this was several years ago, I haven't paid a bit of attention to AARP's REWARDS PROGRAM.

I have several other examples where I had coupons for restaurants that were closed, or the restaurant refused to accept the coupon because they never signed up to be a participant in the program, or the restaurant never heard of the program.

Regular Contributor

hmmmm . .   why am I not surprised  . . .   

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP