Have questions about your Medicare options? AARP's Medicare Resource Center can help.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: my walks with'buddy boy'

Message 71 of 194

Since you usually don't walk him on Friday afternoons, 'bb' got lucky yesterday - & from your description of your time together, sounds like he enjoyed himself.  Feel pretty certain you enjoyed yourself, too, Sue.  Smiley Happy   Thanks for the post.   Pam

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 194

Yesterday afternoon ,after Alexei and I went to the movies,I came home with him for a short visit. When we walked into the living room,Marcia was on the phone,A/C was on since it was a humid day. As soon as 'bb' saw me,he jumped off his chair came over gave me a smile,kissed my nose as I hugged him

I said'wanna go for a walk' he cocked his head. I had the leash,he tried to escape but Alexei told him to come to me,which he did,goofball. We went around the block,he was checking out a squirrel,decided not to go after since it was hot and 'bb was panting. When we returned,gave him his treat,he jumped on the sofa very content,because he started to sigh. As I gave him a goodbye hug,he licked my ear.

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 194

Today has been hot/humid/breezy temps in the mid 80's.

Marcia&I had talked couple days ago for me to come&walk 'buddy boy' this afternoon at 1:30. When I got there,knocked on door,walked into the living room. It felt lovely since theA/C was on,but 'bb' wasn't around. Marcia told me 'he likes to lie on our bed,let's see how long it takes for him to heard your voice'. We continued talking,all of a sudden I heard him crying,went to inspect. Marcia&Dave's bedroom door doesn't have a handle,'bb' must of pushed it closed. When I opened it,he was so happy to see me,tail wagging,gave me a smile as he ran down the stairs. When I came down,Marcia told me'he's got your cap in his mouth'.

He tried to play hide n'seek but we caught him. I let 'bb' lead on the walk,wasn't sure how far he wanted to go,around the block. He kept sniffing on the lawn until I had to pull him away. When we got home,he sat&I startled him by tossing his treat,which he wasn't expecting me to do. He just looked at me,he then jumped onto his fav chair sighing.

In my last post I had mentioned Marcia wasn't feeling well,she's fine.,I think it was a 24hr bug since she&Dave were at church next day . Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 194

@doglover52 wrote:

Its been another beautiful,low temp day here,highs in 70's.

This morning i strolled over to Marcia and Dave's around 8:45. When I got there,Marcia was leaving to go to an 'immediate care' facility because she wasn't feeling well,she was complaining of a sore throat,wanted to make sure that's all it was.

I knocked on the door,walked into the living room,'bb' was happy to see me. I had a nice chat with Dave,asked if I could take 'bb' for a  long walk. We did our usual 2-3 block routine.It was funny watching him and a squirrel stare at each other,wondering who was going to move first. I decided I didn't want him to be first,pulled him away from the street curb He kept looking back at the squirrel who still hadn't moved. When we returned,'bb' waited patiently for his treat,then jumped onto his favorite chair,sighing. As I was about to leave,gave a goodbye hug,he licked my chin&ear. Sue

Thanks for your latest post (Sept. 3), Sue.  I was amused to read about "stand-off" between 'bb' & squirrel!  As usual, am glad you & 'bb' were able to have an outing together.  Hope you will let us know if Marcia is doing okay - she must have been fairly concerned about her possible sore throat, to head for medical facility.  Pam

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 194

Its been another beautiful,low temp day here,highs in 70's.

This morning i strolled over to Marcia and Dave's around 8:45. When I got there,Marcia was leaving to go to an 'immediate care' facility because she wasn't feeling well,she was complaining of a sore throat,wanted to make sure that's all it was.

I knocked on the door,walked into the living room,'bb' was happy to see me. I had a nice chat with Dave,asked if I could take 'bb' for a  long walk. We did our usual 2-3 block routine.It was funny watching him and a squirrel stare at each other,wondering who was going to move first. I decided I didn't want him to be first,pulled him away from the street curb He kept looking back at the squirrel who still hadn't moved. When we returned,'bb' waited patiently for his treat,then jumped onto his favorite chair,sighing. As I was about to leave,gave a goodbye hug,he licked my chin&ear. Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 194

Its been a nice change of weather here the past 2 days,sunny,temps in the low 70's.

On my mid morning walk today,I strolled over to Marcia&Dave's 'spur of the moment. I knew they won't be home part of the day tomorrow,not sure what time,around 11am. When I walked up the steps to the porch,'buddy boy' was looking out the screened window,didn't recognize me in my sungalsses,started to bark. I laughed& said 'who are you barking at'? As soon as he recognized my voice,tail started wagging

I knocked on screen door,Marcia said 'come in','buddy boy' came over to me,gave me a smile,was happy to see me.He proceeded to jump on the sofa where Dave was sitting,looking very content. After Dave left,kept talking with Marcia&Alexei,I decided to get the leash thinking 'bb' would want to go for a  walk,he did.

I thought we would be doing our usual route,but 'bb' had other ideas,stood at the corner,not moving,so I decided it will be a short one around the block. We've had some rain lately,some of the lawns have returned to green instead of 'parched brown',he seemed to enjoy sniffing more than usual. When we got back,he got his treat,then went back in the sofa,sighing. As I was about to leave,went to give him a hug,saying 'did you enjoy that walk,'he licked my ear&nose. I never tire of getting a love response from him

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 194

This morning around 8:30,I strolled over to Marcia&Dave's for our weekly chat. Its a beautiful sunny&warm day temps in the high 80's. Alexei&Dave drove yesterday to the Adirondacks for weekend. Alexei went to camp there when he was younger.Marcia was talking with a neighbor,then we went inside. She told me'buddy boy hasn't had his walk yet'. He was so happy to see me,wagging his tail,gave me a smile, kissed my nose when I bent down to hug him.

We did our usual route,when we got back to the door,I said 'did you enjoy that',he looked at me&wagged his tail. He waited patiently for his treat,then lapping up alot of water since its humid outside,he collapsed on the sofa,sighing. As I was about to leave,gave him another hug,he licked my ear,made my day.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 194

Sue,  Thanks for your August 17th post about your visit & walk with "buddy boy".  He sure gave you a happy greeting, didn't he?  Smiley Happy

Glad his right paw seemed okay, so that he wasn't limping when you went for walk.  He is lucky to have family that looks after him so lovingly & good friend - you! - who has all his best interests at heart, too.  Am looking forward to your next post about visit with bb & family.   Pam

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 194

Its been a partly sunny day,temps in the low 80's,humidity has come back.

This afternoon around 1:30 ,I strolled over to Marcia&Dave's,knocked on the door,Alexei let me in. When I walked into the living room,'buddy boy' bounded off his chair,ran over to me wagging his tail,gave me a smile. Dave,Jr told me he was limping earlier,so I should check his right paw when we head out.

We did our usual route,'bb was looking at the squirrels,checking out the dogs across the street,otherwise he wasn't limping,just panting. When we got back home,he raced into the kitchen waiting patiently for his treat. He then jumped back onto his fav chair ,put his head on the arm rest. The big A/C is near the chair,so he was a happy camper. I stayed for couple min taking with Alexei&Jr,then went over to give 'bb' a hug goodbye telling him to be a 'good boy,he licked my ear. Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 194

Thanks for your latest (Aug. 12) post, Sue.  I'm always happy to read about your visits/walks with 'buddy boy'.  Smiley Happy    Pam

Kudos
Views