From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: my walks with'buddy boy'

Message 31 of 194

@gatorgorilla Hi Pam,your idea sounds heavenly,I could be wearing my shorts& polo shirt.I know 'buddy boy' would enjoy the walk ,sniffing every nook&crany in your apt complex,checking out the other dogs who live there too Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 194

Sue,  Your 2/6 walk with 'bb' sounds on the chilly side - glad it at least was "partly sunny".  Smiley Happy

Wish the two of you could magically "transport" down to my apt. complex for your walks during cold weather.  We generally have warm sunny weather here in Tampa & there's a sidewalk which winds all the way around a moderate-size, scenic lake here at our complex.  Think the two of you would enjoy it, along with the warmer weather! Smiley Very Happy      Pam

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 194

It was a partly sunny day here temps in low 30's.

On my afternoon walk,I strolled over to M&D's 'spur of the moment' since I had 2 articles from today's NYTimes for them.Marcia's car was in the driveway,I knocked on front door,heard 'bb' bark,walked in. I opened the living room door,Dave was lying on the sofa,not feeling well,Marcia sitting on other one,'bb' came over wagging his tail. I wasn't planning on taking him for a walk,he kept looking at me,then over at Marcia&Dave. I asked when he was last taken out,Marcia said'couple of hrs ago'.I got the leash&muscle shirt,'bb' decides to play hide n seek in the dining room.

I gave up after a couple of min,he snuck right by me,heading for the sofa,M&D cut him off.I looked at him&said'are you ready to go now'?. We went around the block,he wanted to check out the 2 dogs we saw on the opposite side of the street,I kept pulling him away.When we got home,before I opened the front door,I said to him 'you enjoyed the walk didn't you",tail wagged,goofball!. He raced into the kitchen,he got his treat.As I bent down to hug him,he licked my nose&ear

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 194

Enjoyed your 2/4 post, Sue.

So the "begging for crumbs" days are over for 'b&b', but he's apparently adjusting to it.  Good for him!  Thanks for sharing about your latest visit.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 194

Today its been a partly sunny day,temps in mid 20's but with the wind felt really cold in single digits.I was wearing long underwear.

This morning was the first time in a couple of weeks I had my usual Saturday chat with Marcia and Dave,strolled over around 8:50. I knocked on the door,walked in,Marcia told me Dave had gone cross country skiing with friends south of the city where there is more snow.

After I took off my boots,Marcia and I were sitting in living room talking,I was eating a slice of cinammon toast from a local bakery,she was eating cereal. All of a sudden,'buddy boy' appears from  upstairs,greeted me with a smile,wag of the tail,looked at me with the toast,told him'no'. He no longer gets any'human food' e.g crumbs etc.Marcia said he's adapted well to the change,so he jumped on the sofa& laid down next to her.

Dave had already taken him for a walk around 7, was too cold to go for another walk.

I won't be having my weekly chatswith her&Dave until end of the month.Marcia leaves next Sat for Fla for a week. When she returns,next day,she,Dave,Alexei&'bb' will be going to Pa for a family reunion over the holiday weekend.  I gave 'bb' a goodbye hug,told him to be a 'good boy',he licked my nose&ear.This will tie me over until the next time I see him. Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 194

Yesterday afternoon for my last walk of the day,I strolled over to Marcia&Dave's,had a couple articles for her and Dave,she knew I was coming. I knocked on the door,walked in,opened the living room door. Marcia was sitting on sofa using her IPad.I turned my head,saw 'buddy boy'.He was on the sofa lying on his back,paws dangling,as I approached him tail started to wag. As I bent down to rub his stomach,give him a hug,he licked my chin&nose.

The weather was cool,lite rain temps in mid 30's no snow. He kept  looking at me trying to figure out if I was going to take him for a walk. I looked out the window told Marcia it had stopped raining.I got the leash,put around his head,off we went. We went around the block,that was fine with him When we got back, gave him his treat,then found the towel to dry him off. Well,he had other ideas,next thing I know we are playing tug of war with towel.He went thru my legs jumping up&down,funniest thing. Marcia told me 'Dave likes to play with him&the towel". He certainly had alot of energy until I took the towel away.

I stayed for a couple more minutes,'buddy boy' jumped back on the sofa,I wrapped the fleece around him,he sighed. I told him to be a 'good boy',he licked my ear

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 194

Its been a cloudy,cold day here in Buffalo,temps in mid 20's,no snow.

This morning around 8:30,I strolled over to Marcia&Dave's for our weekly chat. I knocked on the door,walked in,Marcia was in the kitchen baking home made muffins. I opened the living room door,'buddy boy' bounded off the sofa wagging his tail. I bent down to hug him,he licked my nose.After Marcia gave him his breakfast,I got the leash and 'muscle shirt',when he saw what I had in my hand he walked into the dining room,to play 'hide n'seek. I sat on the chair waiting for him to make up his mind,he came&I put leash around his neck,needed Marcia's help to get the fleece shirt on

We went a different route about 3 blocks,I was walking a quick pace ,he kept up with me since it was a tad nippy. He was sniffing the ground,cking out the few squirrels we saw. When we got home,he patiently waited for me to give him his treat.

I asked Marcia if she had seen what Pres Obama did by surprising,V.P. Joe Biden with Medal of Freedom award on Weds,a very classy move by OBama. She hadn't,told her it was very emotional. While her muffins were baking,we watched part of video on her IPad,she was laughing at some of the remarks,wiping away tears.

A couple minutes later,Alexei& hubby Dave came downstairs,we had a nice conversation,I got a treat too,one of the muffins,delcious,tasted like carrot cake. For the past month,the family hasn't let 'bb' have human leftovers e.g crumbs from cookies/muffins,he only gets his doggie treats,its working well. Of course,he came over to me looking for something,told him 'NO",he went back on the sofa,sighing,poor lamb LOL!

I gave him a goodbye hug,he licked both my ear&nose,told him to be a 'good boy'. I won't be able to have our weekly chat next Sat because Marcia&Dave will be out of town for weekend. Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 194

Its been a cloudy day here in Buffalo,temps in the 20's.It feels like a heat wave considering the highs were in the teens past couple of days The 2-3 inches of snow we have is almost gone.

On my mid morning walk'spur of the moment' idea,I strolled over to Marcia&Dave's because I had 2 articles for them. I knocked on the door,walked in,Marcia told me 'bb' wasn't feeling well the past day or so,had eaten something his stomach didin't agree with. I opened the living room door,there he was lying on sofa pillow by his head,fleece blanket around him. I walked over,bent down saying'you're not feeling well,buddy'. He licked my nose&ear,tail started to wag.

He became more animated,jumped off the sofa while Marcia went to get his breakfast,he finished which was a good sign.Marcia put his fleece 'muscle shirt' on ,off we went on a walk. We did a block or two,he seemed happy to be outside getting fresh air. When we came back,he raced into kitchen until I gave him his treat.He proceeded to get back on the sofa as Marcia wrapped his fleece blanket around him.I told him 'glad you're feeling better',he licked my nose. Glad I was able to perk up his day . Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 194

Its a beautiful,sunny day here,temps in the teens.

This morning I strolled over to Marcia&Dave's for our weekly chat, around 8:30.We have 3 inches of snow compared to other areas in WNY. I knocked on the door,walked in,Marcia was in the kitchen,heard 'bb' bark. I yelled out'hey buddy ,want to go for a walk?".He came running out of  kitchen after just eating,as I bent down to hug him,he licked my nose. Marcia got him in his new teal,winter coat&off we went.

We didn't go far,just around the block since he doesn't like cold temps. He was happy sniffing in the snow,always looking for something to eat. When we got back,he raced back into the kitchen,started barking because I hadn't given him his treat yet,was taking off my boots. Alexei took off his coat&told him to'place',then I gave him his treat.

Dave was sitting on sofa eating his breakfast,I passed on having a 'treat'  since I had finished my breakfast before I came over. Marcia is sitting in the chair,'bb'comes over to her hoping for a morsel,nope. He then jumps up next to me on other sofa,sighs as I put his fleece blanket around him. A couple minutes later as I'm about to leave,I lean over to 'bb saying'did you enjoy our walk?",he licked my ear&nose,sounds like a "Yes" to me. Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 194

I've just returned from my Sat morning chat at Marcia&Dave's house. Its sunny,temps around 30 with a light wind. When I knocked on the door,walked in,Marcia said'Aiker,look who's here". I opened the door into the living room,'bb' came bounding over to me,tail wagging,as I bent down to give him a hug,he smiled& kissed my nose. As Marcia tried to put his 'muscle fllece shirt' on,he ran into the dining room. Then he came into the living room,tried to jump on the sofa where Dave was reading the paper,he blocked him,'bb gave up.

We walked around the block as I was trying to see where the ice was on some of the sidewalks. Some were clear,others still had 2 inch of previous snow that hadn't melted yet. It certainly was a balancing act as I'm trying to walk while 'bb' was pulling. I finally said in an angry voice"Stop It Now",he looked at me&got the message,was good the rest of the way home.

He raced into the kitchen as usual,Marcia took his muscle shirt off,I gave him his treat. I stayed for a couple more  min,'bb' jumped onto the sofa,lying next to Dave. I put the fleece blanket around 'bb',as I went to give him his goodbye hug,he licked my nose&ear,then sighed! A perfect way to end the year,me&my buddy boy taking a walk. Sue

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season