Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: my walks with'buddy boy'

Message 21 of 194

Its been a beautiful day here in Buffalo,temps in low 40's,the snow is melting,wonderful not wearing boots.

On my afternoon walk,I strolled over to Marcia&Dave's to drop off couple NYTimes articles for them.I knew Marcia was returning home today from visiting her mom in Michigan.I noticed her car was in the driveway,as I walked toward the door,she opened it,she had just returned. I was happy to see her,'bb' was happy to see me,tail wagging. I bent down with the leash,he came right to me.

We walked 4 blocks,he was sniffing the small piles of snow on the ground,always hoping he would find something to eat,not today.As we walked along,I heard birds chirping,saw a couple of squirrels,''bb' didn't see them. When we got back to the house,he waited patiently for his treat.

Marcia and I were sitting on opposite sofas,''bb' jumped up next to me,lying down,sighing.I think he was happy Marcia was home too,she gave him a couple kisses&hugged him. I bent down to hug him too,he licked my nose,made my day. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 194

Its a very cold day here today in Buffalo, temps in the teens.Alas,I have to wear my boots since we have about 2 inches of snow.

I strolled over to Marcia and Dave's for our weekly Sat chat around 8:45.I knocked on the door,walked in.As I was bending down to take off my boots,'bb' came over,wagging his tail,licked my nose.Dave had just returned from taking him for a walk.

We sat in the living room,'bb' was lying on sofa next to Dave,bundled up in his fleece blanket.Marcia,Dave&I had nice conversation as usual,then Alexei came downstairs joined in. Dave had been off Thurs&Fri due to the power outage the school where he works{south of city}.It was a very windy day on Weds,areas south of Buffalo were hit the hardest.

Marcia will be out of town next weekend,next opportunity for me to wak 'bb',I'll post about it  Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 194

It was a sunny day but a tad nippy here in BUffalo yesterday,high was 20

I strolled over to Marcia&Dave's around 9,knocked on the door walked in.Marcia had just returned from taking 'bb' for a walk.As I was taking off my boots/coat,'bb' comes racing over to me,wagging his tail,as I bent down to hug him he licked my chin.

As usual,had a wonderful visit with M&D,'bb' was lying on the sofa next to Dave. As I was about to leave,went and gave 'bb' another hug,told him'be a good boy',he licked my ear

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 194

@doglover52  Sue, I love it when 'bb' makes your day with a lick of affection!  Smiley Very Happy   Pam

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 194

Its been a beautiful,bit breezy day temps in the 40's. I'm not complaining since the snow is gone,I haven't worn my boots in about a week,devine!

On my afternoon walk,I strolled over to Marcia&Dave's to drop off our church monthly newsletter. I knocked on the door,walked into the living room. Dave was sitting on sofa feeling better than he did on Sat,Marcia sitting on other sofa. When 'buddy boy' heard my voice he came over from drinking in his water bowl wagging his tail happy to see me. M&D and I were talking,all of a sudden 'bb' starts barking looking at Dave.He tells him"I can't take you for a walk,go with Sue'. I got the leash,held it down near his face,he came right to me.

We did our usual 3 block walk,'bb' was sniffing looking for anything that looked edible to eat,no such luck. When we came back,he raced into the kitchen,sat patiently waiting for his treat. He followed me back into the living room,jumped on sofa and laid down next to Dave with a sigh. As I was about to leave,gave 'bb' a hug,he licked my nose.It made my day

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 194

Yesterday here in Bflo,it certainly felt like summer. It was 70,breaking a 110yr old record for the warmest day in Feb, wearing my capri pants

Its a bit different today we had rain/wind some sun this afternoon temps now in the 40's. This morning around 8:45 when it was lightly raining,I strolled over to Marcia&Dave's,knocked on the door and walked into the living room. Marcia was sitting on sofa,'bb' came over and warmly greeted me with a smile,tail wagging. She said'you know he doesn't like the rain,I couldn't get him to go out at 7am'. This didn't stop me from getting the leash,after a couple minutes of hide n seek,he finally came to me.

We went around the block,he did everything he needed to do,was happy to go back home as quickly as possible. When we returned,I still had the leash on him, Marcia towelled him off.  Then he raced into the kitchen barking for his treat.I told him 'be quiet,go place'. He sat patiently waiting for me,gently take treat out of my hand. He laid down on the other sofa,I put the fleece blanket around him,he sighed when I gave him a hug.

Alexei came down couple minutes later,we were discussing upcoming movies we may go see next month I didn't see Dave he was upstairs not feeling well but was there in spirit.I enjoyed as usual  my chat/visit with'family' until the next opportunity comes along Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 194

@doglover52 It's been awhile since you've posted about walking 'bb', Sue, so was glad to see your 2/22 entry.  You took 'bb' for a long walk; guess you were both enjoying the mild weather! :-))

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 194

The weather here in Buffalo the past week has been devine,more spring like temps. Yesterday the high was near 60. Today it started out p sunny,afternoon clouds, I was wearing my capri pants

As I was walking home from grocery store on my mid morning walk,stopped at Marcia&Dave's 'spur of the moment',luckily they were there. I hadn't seen them in couple weeks,missed them,and 'buddy boy'. I asked if I could take him on walk this afternoon,'yes'

I strolled over around 2:15 waiting for M&D to get home,they apologized for being late. When I went to get the leash,'bb decided to play hide n seek until Dave&Marcia blocked him.

We did a long walk,about 5 blocks,'bb had a good time sniffing whatever the melted snow had left on the ground.He totally ignored other dogs barking or seeing squirrels climbing the trees. As we got back home,I took off the leash before I opened the door,he was anxious to get back inside by scratching the door to go in. He raced into the kitchen waiting for his treat.

Marcia&Dave were in the living room,'bb jumped on one of the sofas where Dave was sitting,let out a sigh as he got himself comfortable. I had a nice chat with M&D,gave 'bb a hug as I was about to leave,plan to see them again on Sat for our weekly chat. Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 194

@doglover52 wrote:

@gatorgorilla Hi Pam,your idea sounds heavenly,I could be wearing my shorts& polo shirt.I know 'buddy boy' would enjoy the walk ,sniffing every nook&crany in your apt complex,checking out the other dogs who live there too Sue

Sue,  There are lots of dogs living here at our complex, so 'bb' would likely meet up with some other dogs while walking.

And for you, shorts & polo shirt would definitely be in order.  :-)

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 194

Geez,what a difference a day makes. Yesterday we had clouds/wind,early high was 52,all the snow melted. Today its been a partly sunny day highs in the 20's,with a dusting of snow.

On my afternoon walk,I strolled over to M&D with 2 more NYT articles for them. Marcia had just come home was talking with a neighbor,waited until they had finished conversation,followed her into the house.I walked into the living room,no sign of 'buddy boy'. A min or so later he must of heard my voice because,he came racing down the stairs,greeted me with a smile,wagging tail.

I asked if 'bb' needed to go for a walk,'yes,that's a good idea.We had no problems getting his 'muscle shirt' or leash around his neck,he was ready to go. We did our usual 2 block route,he was looking at a small,yapping dog across the street.I had to pull him away to continue the walk. When we got home,gave him his treat.

I took off my boots,Marcia gave me a treat,slice of toasted bread from local bakery. As usual,'bb' sat right in front of me,hoping&savoring I would give him a little bit,told him 'no'. I put the plate in the sink was going to start to wash it,M said'just leave it'. When I back to the chair,'bb' was sitting on the sofa looking more alert than he was before the walk. He proceeded to lie down,I wrapped the fleece blanket around him,he sighed looked very content. As I was about to leave,told him to be a 'good boy',he licked my chin&ear.

Kudos
Views