Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: my walks with'buddy boy'

Message 181 of 194

Enjoyed your post as usual Sue. I, like you, don't see why your apt. complex doesn't allow animals. You have to be a responsible pet owner no matter where you live. At least, you are able to enjoy the outings that you get with Buddy. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 182 of 194

It has been a glorious,beautiful first day of autumn here in Buffalo,NY. Its been like this all week,temps today in the high 70's.

I strolled over to Marcia&Dave's house,knocked&walked in,'bb' wasn't in living room. Marcia was on the phone so I walked upstairs where I knew I would find him,as usual he was lying on their bed. He looked at me,tail wagging and scooted down the stairs.

Marcia&I started to look on her IPad totally ignoring him until he started barking&whining. I told him'hey,give me a min,then I'll talk you for a walk'. His ears perked up as soon as I said that magic word. I went to get the leash,as usual he walked away from me. I said'come here now buddy boy'. I pointed at him,then he came right to me put leash around his neck.

I wanted to do a different route,so we walked down the street towards my apt building,went into the back where we have a beautiful garden where there are tables/chairs set up for the residents use. When I showed up,my next door neighbor&another resident from the 1st floor were sitting there,so I introduced 'bb' to them.They briefly petted him,he was wagging his tail enjoying himself. One of the apt complex house rules is NO PETS,which  is stupid. I think you can understand why I so enjoy being with him.

We walked back home,he raced into the kitchen to his water bowl as I got his treat. He bounced into the living room went to his fav chair,put his head on the armrest,sighed,close his eyes. I guess I tired him out!

I stayed for couple minutes,as i was leaving,he was on his back with his paws dangling,told him to be a 'good boy',wagged his tail&looked at me. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 183 of 194

@margaret23509 wrote:

Enjoyed reading your post this morning, Sue. These dogs, they know how to get what they want, don"t they. Spoiled, but you know what, I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Hi Margaret,even though he's not my dog,I agree with what you said 100% Sue

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 184 of 194

Enjoyed reading your post this morning, Sue. These dogs, they know how to get what they want, don"t they. Spoiled, but you know what, I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 185 of 194

@doglover52  -  Thanks for your latest post, Sue.  I enjoyed reading it.

At first read, I wasn't sure who was being served breakfast, Dave or "bb"! 

Sounds like you & "bb" are each set upon training the other, at times.  Whatever happens in that respect, it seems certain that you two are destined to remain friends. Smiley Happy  Pam 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 186 of 194

The weather here today,overcast,in 70's rain later in afternoon. I've just come back from my weekly chat with Marcia and hubby,Dave. When I knocked and walked into the living room,'bb' was lying on his favorite chair,head on the armrest. Dave said to him'look who's here'. He didn't move but his tail went'thump,thump,thump'. I was chatting with Dave while Marcia gave him his breakfast. When he was done,I said'wanna  go for a walk'. I got the leash just like the other day,he moved away but kept his eye on me. I said'come here,buddy boy,now'. He wagged his tail,came right up to me put his head thru the leash,kissed his head.

We went couple blocks,he noticed a cat wanted to go check it out,I decided we better go across the street,he kept kept looking back at it. When we got to a corner where we usually turn down the street,I thought we would continue going straight,'bb' had other plans.He just stood there&wouldn't move. I said'you wanna go home now',he walked towards me wagging his tail. I said'ok,you win,you'll always have me wrapped around your paws' When we got back,he raced up the porch stairs into the house. I went to get his treat&like clockwork,he sat patiently,gently took it out of my hands. As I was leaving,he was stretched out on the rug by kitchen,told him to be a 'good boy'  until I see him again,tail wagging. Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 187 of 194

@doglover52 - Certainly glad "bb" got his treat at end of walk, Sue, since you made him drop that enticing burger wrapper!  Smiley Happy

Interesting about the 5th season there in Buffalo.  There is a lot of roadwork that goes on in this area year-round, sometimes involving expressways, which can be disruptive for daily commuters.  Paving, pothole repairs, & sidewalk installations are welcomed whenever & wherever they occur, I believe, because it is quite challenging for the local authorities to keep up with demand & need.

Thanks for post; glad you & "bb" had your walk today!   Pam

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 188 of 194

Its been another glorious day,little warmer than yesterday.

This afternoon,I strolled over to the house,knocked& walked into living room. My 'buddyboy' jumped off his  chair,came over to me by sofa wagging his tail. After talking with Marcia for couple of min,he kept looking at me,said'you want to go for a walk'. As soon as i got the leash,he walked into the kitchen. I sat on the sofa pretending to cry,saying'oh,I guess you don't want anymore walks or treats'. Marcia starts laughing because I can hear him coming towards me,tried to put leash around his neck,he moves backwards. I said'come here now' in a angry voice,he did,then got leash around his neck,goofy dog.

We walked around the block,he found an empty burger wrapper,had it in his mouth until I told him to drop it. When we got back to the house,he raced into the kitchen,promptly sat down waiting for his treat. He gently took it out of my hand,walked into the livng room,jumped back onto his chair and sighed.

Pam I'm going to wear my shorts for as long as its warm&nice,when it gets cool,I'll switch to my capri pants. The thought of living where you are in Fla where I could wear shorts all yr round is enticing,but I would miss the 4 seasons. Actually we have 5 if you count construction{meaning paving roads&sidewalks},it always seems to start when kids get out of school in June,ends when we get the first snowfall. Sue 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 189 of 194

@doglover52 wrote:
Thanks Pam,appreciate your post.Another warm day today,near 80,bring it on Sue

@doglover52  -  Sue, hope the rest of the month of September will give you opportunity to wear your favored garb of shorts every day. Is that likely?

Anyway, guess you had better be enjoying the "shorts days" while they last.

If you care to move down to Tampa, where I live, you could enjoy wearing shorts most days of the year.  But you have described such a great life that you've made for yourself there in Buffalo, in your posts here at AARP, that I could not imagine your ever wanting to leave it!   Pam   

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 190 of 194

Sorry you didn't get to walk Buddy Boy yesterday but it sound at thought you had a really nice day. Hope today is just as nice for you. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season