Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: my walks with'buddy boy'

Message 101 of 194

Thanks for this latest post, Sue.  I enjoyed reading about your visit with 'bb' and his family.  You managed to convey what a beautiful day you were enjoying there in Buffalo.  Smiley Happy   Pam

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 102 of 194

Its been a beautiful,partly sunny day here,temps in mid 60's,wearing my capri pants.

I walked over to Marcia&Dave's this afternoon at 1pm,knocked on door,Marcia yelled' come in'. When I walked into the living room,'bb' wasn't there,she said'he's out in the back yard with Dave'. They have a small backyard with a shed and garden where they grow all sorts of things eg. beans,tomatoes,black berries.When I opened the back door,there was 'bb' on the small porch,when he saw me he rushed over smiling,wagging his tail gave me a kiss. He started to chew the grass until both Marcia and I told him to stop.

Marcia and I went to a local bakery where you can buy all sorts of home made goodies, I bought their delicious cinammon swirl bread,she got the multigrain. When we came back,'bb' was lying on his fav chair. I had the leash in my hand said'want to go for a walk' tail wagging as I put leash around his head.

We did a 3 block walk,its wonderful to see the flowers blooming,grass getting green with each passing day. We passed by a house that just finished mowing,love that smell. All of a sudden,a big bumblebee started to follow us,'bb' was trying to  snap at it,told him'NO,you don't want to go after that',we moved away from it. When we got home,he raced into the kitchen waiting for his treat. Marcia was sitting in his chair eating a cookie,he was focused on her. She got me my 'treat' didn't take him long before he was focused on me,started whining. I said to him'you don't know how lucky you are,TLC 24/7,family&friends take you for walks,you are so spoiled'. He cocked his head still waiting for me to give him crumbs. He  jumped on the sofa,head on the arm rest sighing. As I gave him a goodbye hug,told him to be a 'good boy' he licked my ear,made my day. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 103 of 194

Today was a sunny but windy day,temps in the mid 50's. As I was taking my afternoon walk,'spur of the moment',walked over to Marcia&Dave's,knew Marcia was home,her car was in the driveway. I knocked on door,walked into the living room. I wish I had a camera because Marcia was lying on one  sofa with her IPad,covered up in a fleece blanket looking very content. On the other sofa,there was my 'buddy boy' head peeking out from under the other fleece blanket,priceless! I went over to give him a hug,he licked my nose,jumped off. I asked Marcia if he had been out recently,she said'not since mid morning" All I said to 'bb' is 'want to go for a walk',wagged his tail. When I got the leash,he came right to me no hide n seek game today.

We did usual 2-3 block walk,he was sniffing the grass, some flowers,seem content on our walk. As usual,when we got back he raced into the kitchen patiently waiting for his treat. I tried to get his attention afterwards,but Dave Jr, was eating a sandwich so he was focused on him instead which was ok. I may walk 'bb' Thurs afternoon,if so I'll post it Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 104 of 194

This morning was the first time in a couple of weeks I was able to have my usual Sat chat with Marcia and Dave. The weather here today has been cloudy,rainy,unseasonably cool,temps in the 50's. I strolled over to their house around 8:50,Dave was about to take 'buddy boy' on a walk,he saw me,wagged his tail then ignored me.

I went inside to talk to Marcia as she was baking home made blueberry muffins,I started to wash the dishes that were in the sink,then  emptied the dishwasher.,Marcia thanked me. I can't help myself whenever I see dishes in a sink I want to wash them. All of a sudden 'bb' comes rushing into the kitchen waiting patiently for his treat,then he jumped on his chair. I went over to give him a hug,he licked my nose. I noticed some of his breakfast was still in his bowl,put couple pieces of kibble in my hand,he jumped down came over&finished what was left.

I was sitting in the living room talking with Dave,Marcia brought over the muffins,as usual 'bb' ignored them,focusing only on me. I gave him just crumbs,he was ok by that. All of a sudden he jumps on the sofa,lies down next to me puts his head on the armrest sighing. I guess he thinks he doesn't get enough TLC,goof ball!

As I was about to leave,I gave him a goodbye hug,told him to be a 'good boy',he wagged his tail.  Marcia&I walked out the front door,I said'if the weather is good one day next week& you are home  I can walk him", she said'I'll check my schedule&let you know". Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 105 of 194

@doglover52 wrote:

Its been a cool,damp day here temps in the 40's.

On my mid morning walk I went over to Marcia&Dave's to drop off a column for them. I notice Marcia's car was in the driveway. I knocked on the door,walked into the living room. Dave,jr said"Mom isn't feeling well,she's upstairs sleeping'. I was about to leave until 'bb' jumped off the sofa came over and wagged his tail,licked my ear. I said 'you want to go for a walk". He proceeded to  go eat his breakfast while Dave&I chatted. When he was done,had leash in my hand,he wanted to play hide n seek in the dining room. This lasted a couple min until I looked at him saying'no more treats',he cocked his head then he came right to me,goof ball!

We walked around the block,he barked at a dog he saw across the street who was smaller than he was,continued to sniff at everything on the grass. When we got back,he raced into the kitchen waiting patiently for his treat,the bag was nearly empty,I could only give him a little piece. He looked at me thinking,"Is that it,no more". As I was about to leave,gave him a hug,told him to be a good boy until next time. I asked Dave to tell Marcia 'hope she feels better'. He said"I will" Sue

Thanks for this latest post, Sue.  I've read so much about Marcia in your posts, that I sorta feel like I know her.  Was sorry to read she wasn't feeling well today, & certainly hope she is feeling much better quickly.  With all of your visiting, I bet 'bb' thinks of you as part of his family now.  Smiley Happy  Pam    

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 106 of 194

Its been a cool,damp day here temps in the 40's.

On my mid morning walk I went over to Marcia&Dave's to drop off a column for them. I notice Marcia's car was in the driveway. I knocked on the door,walked into the living room. Dave,jr said"Mom isn't feeling well,she's upstairs sleeping'. I was about to leave until 'bb' jumped off the sofa came over and wagged his tail,licked my ear. I said 'you want to go for a walk". He proceeded to  go eat his breakfast while Dave&I chatted. When he was done,had leash in my hand,he wanted to play hide n seek in the dining room. This lasted a couple min until I looked at him saying'no more treats',he cocked his head then he came right to me,goof ball!

We walked around the block,he barked at a dog he saw across the street who was smaller than he was,continued to sniff at everything on the grass. When we got back,he raced into the kitchen waiting patiently for his treat,the bag was nearly empty,I could only give him a little piece. He looked at me thinking,"Is that it,no more". As I was about to leave,gave him a hug,told him to be a good boy until next time. I asked Dave to tell Marcia 'hope she feels better'. He said"I will" Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 107 of 194

It was a sunny,but cool day here temps in the low 50's.

I walked over to Marcia&Dave's around 9am,knocked on the door,walked in. When I came into the living room,Marcia was in the dining room,'buddy boy' jumped off his chair,stretching and came over gave me a smile,wagging his tail.She said he hadn't been interested in eating his breakfast at usual time. When she placed his bowl on the floor,he just looked at it. I put a couple pieces of kibble in my hand,he came over and ate them,then proceeded to eat the rest of the bowl.

Marcia asked me to take him for his 1st walk of the day,while she went to the corner pastry/yogurt place. We walked a different route,'bb' was more interested in sniffing on the ground then anything else. When we got back home,he raced as usual into the kitchen. I told him 'place' he patiently and gently took his treat out of my hand.

I got a treat too,croissant with chocloate in the middle. Marcia&I were chatting in the living room,right on cue 'bb jumps on the sofa,right next to me,starts whinning. I ignored him until he started to paw my arm,told him'you can't have any of this,not good for you'. He cocked his head looking straight at me with those adorable brown eyes,licked the crumbs off the plate. A couple min later,he jumped onto his chair,sighing. As I was about to leave went to give him a hug saying'be a good boy',he licked my ear,made my day. Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 108 of 194

Its been another beautiful spring day here in Bflo,temps in the mid 60's.

I was helping Marcia again this morning getting ready for company they are having this weekend. When I came over around 9:30,she asked me to take 'bb' for a walk.I didn't have to prompt him at all,he was so happy to see me,tail wagging,licked my ear . He does enjoy the warmer weather just like us humans do. We did our usual 2-3 block walk,he was sniffing the flowers,looked at couple dogs across the street,then we came home,he got his treat.

Two hrs later,after Marcia&I had finished our tasks,'bb' was lying on Marcia&Dave's bed,he looked at me tail wagging,all I said'wanna go for a walk',he raced downstairs,waiting patiently at the door,goof ball! We just went around the block because I was getting tired. Marcia profusely thanked me,will be back over tonight for dinner with her mother in law,Betsy who is here for the night. My movie buddy,Alexei is in  production with other local college age actors/actresses,doing a musical revue of Rogers&Hammerstein's songs,opening night tonight,look forward to it. I'm sure 'bb' will be thinking'she's back again?" LOL! Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 109 of 194

Enjoyed your latest post, Sue.  Seems like you have been 'lending a hand' quite a bit lately, at Marcia's.  Lucky her, to have your (no doubt) efficient and careful help.  And lucky, both of you, to have such a good friendship. Heart

Must have been pleasant to have 'bb' eager for a walk - guess nicer weather makes him more amenable to taking a 3 block walk.

Sounds like you folks make good use of the near-by bakery.  And sounds like 'buddy-boy' would enjoy his own helping of the bakery goods that are brought home - it's his good fortune that you're willing to share a few crumbs and offer your plate for licking!  Smiley Very Happy  Pam

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 110 of 194

Its been a glorious spring day here in Buffalo,sunshine,temps near 50.

I walked over to Marcia&Dave's this afternoon around 1:30 because I was going to help Marcia clean out some things. She was sitting on the front porch step with'buddy boy' talking with a neighbor. She let go of the leash,'bb' was so happy to see me he rushed down the steps,greeted me with a wagging tail,smile,licked my nose. Marcia said'he's been waiting for you to take him for a walk'.

We did our usual 3 block walk,came back, waited patiently for his treat. Marcia&I went to the local bakery before we started anything,came back and sat on sofa eating a home baked cookie. As usual he ignores her..He starts whinning until I tell him'you are so spoiled because you've had your treat&this one is mine,stop it'. He looks at me with those adorable brown eyes,,didn't take long for me to cave. I gave him a couple crumbs,then he licked the plate. I said'are you happy now',tail wags.

I'll be helping Marcia again tomorrow morning,wouldn't be surprised if we go for another walk,it will make my day. Sue

Kudos
Views