Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: my walks with'buddy boy'

Message 1 of 194

Hi LDV,Betsy is a delightful woman,always enjoy seeing her when she comes for visits Her other son,Chip lives in NJ. As far as I know,she's in good health,she's still driving. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 194

@doglover52  A nice occasion for them, especially if the lady is still in good health!  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 194

I'll be house sitting and taking care of  'buddy boy' for about 5 hrs this afternoon. Marcia&Dave are in Cleveland this weekend to celebrate Dave's mother,Betsy's 90th birthday. Alexei leaves around noon,will come back tonight. They asked if I could come over and feed 'bb',then take him for a couple of walks.

I hadn't seen 'bb' since last Fri when Alexei&I came home from the movies.I stopped by yesterday afternoon to get the key. When I walked into the living room,'bb' jumped off the sofa so happy to see me. When I bent down to hug him,he licked my nose. Marcia&Alexei profusely thanked me Sue

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 194

@doglover52  Nice to have you visit here, it is very lonesome without Margaret.

I find myself thinking about Rosie & Daisy.  I feel sure they are well and keep each other company.  Yet they must be so lonesome for their mom. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 194

FYI: I have been walking 'buddy boy' since I last posted here,but nothing worth writing about. It has been unseasonably warm here in Buffalo mid 70's,low 80's,the past couple of weeks,the'summer' weather we didn't get this yr.I'm enjoying it but 'buddy boy' doesn't like the warm temps. Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 194

Its been a nice summer day here in Buffalo,NY temps in mid 70's.

I strolled over to Marcia&Dave's this morning knowing Dave wouldn't be there. He left yesterday morning for a camp reunion in the Andirondacks.He went to Camp Dudley as a kid,as did their 2 sons,Dave,Jr &Alexei{my' movie buddy'} Alexei has been working there all summer,they both return tomorrow night. I'm sure 'bb' will be very happy to have him back home

I knocked on the door,walked into the living room,'bb' jumped off the sofa came over wagging his tail.I bent down to hug him,he licked my nose.Marcia and I were talking,had mentioned I was going to ck out the Elmwood Arts festival{I posted about it in today's Front Porch}. She asked if I wanted some company'yes',before we left,I took 'bb' for a short walk to the corner&back,gave him his treat,told him to be a 'good boy' until the next time Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 194

I was coming back from my afternoon walk at a local convient store,saw Dave walking 'buddy boy' down the street. I yelled 'hey buddy', saw his ears perk up.He couldn't see me because a hedge was blocking his view. When I came up to Dave,'bb' then saw me,tail wagging,bent down to hug him,he licked my chin.He started to sniff what I had in my bag,lettuce,some fruit,packaged chicken breast.He was determined to get that,until I snatched the bag away from him. Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 194

Its been another beautiful summer day here in Buffalo,temps near 80.

I haven't posted here in awhile because my 'bflo family' aka Marcia&Dave have been away the past couple of weekends. They returned home yesterday afternoon,visiting their son ,Alexei who is working at a summer camp in the Adirondacks,where he attended when he was younger

On my mid morning walk,I strolled over to the house,Marcia was leaving for a meeting,Dave was there with his mother,Betsy. When I walked in,'buddy boy' jumped off the couch,warmly greeted me when I bent down to hug him,lick on my nose,tail wagging. I asked Dave if I could take 'bb' for a walk,even though he had been out 45 min earlier.He was lying on the rug,put the leash around his neck,off we went.

We did our usual route,he was sniffing the lawns,checking out other dogs.We were almost home when he started to pant,he went straight to his water bowl when we got back.Dave told me'he already had his treat','bb' sat&was waiting patiently for it.I think he was miffed he didin't get another treat because when I was about to leave,he ignored me,oh,well. Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 194

Its been a partly sunny/breezy day here in Buffalo,temps in the low 70's.

I strolled over to Marcia&Dave's for our weekly chat, around 8:45. I haven't been able to do this in awhile since Marcia was in England last week,she&my floor neighbor,Janice had a wonderful time.

I knocked on the screen door,walked in to see 'buddy boy' lying on the sofa,Marcia sitting on the other one. He jumped down,wagging his tail,licked my chin. She told me'he hasn't had breakfast yet'. I looked at him saying'are you hungry'?,tail wagging. I picked up his bowl& got the kibble,when I turned around he was watching me. I gave him the command they say to him before he gets his meal. We continued our conversation,when 'bb' was done,he was ready for our walk.Dave was out having breakfast with friends

We did our usual route,had to cross the street couple times because I saw other dogs,wasn't sure if they were friendly,''bb' was into sniffing  various lawns. While we were walking,Marcia had walked to the corner pastry/yogurt shop,brought home some treats.When we got home,he got his treat. I made the mistake of putting mine close to the counter,because next thing I know,part of my croissant was missing. I went over to'bb',grabbed what I could out of his mouth. I told him 'you are a bad,bad,dog',he just looked at me.

Marcia&I continued our conversation,'bb' came over to me by the sofa,I ignored him.He sat next to her,pawing her arm wanting some of her croissant,no avail. He jumped off the sofa,stood at the screen door until Dave came back,so excited to see him,tail wagging Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 194

Its been another beautiful day here in Buffalo,temps near 80,not as humid as it was on Monday.

This afternoon,I strolled over to Marcia&Dave's to droop off 2 NYTimes articles for them. Marcia and Janice{one of the neighbors on my floor} are in England visiting a friend of theirs,will return on Weds. I knocked on the door,walked into the living room,my 'movie buddy',Alexei was there,we were chatting,'buddy boy' was lying on the couch,he jumped off and wagged his tail,happy to see me. I asked Alexei if I could take him for a walk'yeah,he hasn't been out since 7am'. When I put the leash around his neck,he was ready to go.We we going to do our usual route 3-4 blocks but,'bb' was beginning to pant,so I cut the walk short. He raced into the house,went to his water bowl,started lapping it up.He patiently sat when I gave him his treat. He jumped back on the sofa sighing,told him to be a 'good boy' until I see him hopefully on Sat. Sue

Kudos
Views