AARP's caregiver resource center can help you navigate your role as a family caregiver. Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: my walks with'buddy boy'

Message 11 of 194

Its been a cloudy day here4,temps in the mid 60's.

On my afternoon walk,I strolled over to Marcia and Dave's'spur of the moment' idea. I knocked on the door,Marcia said'come in'. As i walked into the living room'bb' jumped off the sofa came over,as I bent down he licked my chin. Marcia was making a salad for a church function tomorrow night.I started talking with her,Alexei came downstairs,we started talking about upcoming movies we may see.

I didn't notice'bb' had left us,asked where he was. Marcia said'he's lying in front of the door waiting for you',he was. I laughed because this was the first time he ever has done this. He was wagging his tail as I bent down to put the leash around his neck.

We did our usual 3 block walk,he was so into sniffing on a lawn,he didn't notice a squirrel zip right by us.When we came back,he got his treat,collapsed on the sofa,sighing. Marcia&I talked for a couple more minutes,hugged him goodbye,he licked my ear

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 194

It has turned into a partly sunny day here temps near 70 after a little rain early this morning.

On my mid morning walk,after coming back from the bank,I strolled over to Marcia&Dave's to drop off 2 NYTimes articles for them. I knocked on the outside door,walked in,Marcia was sitting on the sofa,'buddy boy' lying on the other one looking content.I went  and bent down to hug him,tail wagged&he licked my chin.

Marcia and I were having a conversation,I got the leash,'bb jumped off the sofa but ignored me for a min or so.I asked when was the last time he had been out,'around 7am'. He finally came over to me,when I put leash around his neck,off we went. We did a different route for 3  blocks,he was really into sniffing all the lush,green lawns in neighborhood,thanks to all the rain we've had lately.

After he got his treat,he jumped back on sofa,for couple of minutes,let out a big sigh .Marcia and I continue our conversation,all of a sudden he jumps off,comes over to the living room window where he likes to look out. As I was about to leave,I bent dwon to give him a hug,he licked my ear 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 194

Its been an overcast,cool day here in Buffalo,temps in the 60's,wearing my capri pants.

This morning,I strolled over to Marcia and Dave's for our weekly chat. Marcia was working in their front garden by the porch,she told me Dave was inside along with 'buddy boy'. When I walked into the living room,started talking with Dave,all of a sudden,'bb' comes racing down the stairs,tail wagging as if he hadn't seen me in awhile. This past Weds, I took him for a short walk before it started to rain. Marcia said'he hasn't gone on a walk yet,I'm sure he's ready to go' which he was.

Lately,I've been saying to him 'which way do you want to go',just let him take the lead. The first time I said it to him he looked at me,didn't move for a sec or two,I said'let's go'. We walked 4 blocks,he was checking out other dogs across the street,looking at squirrels running around. When we got back,he raced into the kitchen,licking alot of water in his dish,patiently waiting for his treat.

I had a nice conversation with Marcia&Dave and Alexei,we decided there wasn't any movie we really wanted to see this weekend.As I was about to leave,bent down to give 'bb' a hug,he licked my nose,made my day Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 194

Its been another beautiful,warm,breezy day here in Buffalo,temps in the low 80's,wearing shorts,alas it won't be like this for the next couple of days

On my afternoon walk,I strolled over to Marcia&Dave's,had 2 NYTimes articles for them,luckily Marcia was home. I knocked on the door,walked in,she was sitting on the chair with leash around 'bb's neck,he wagged his tail when he saw me.A mutual friend,Janice was sitting on the other sofa,she used to live 2 doors down from M&D.She now is one of my neighbors at our co-op apt complex.

I asked Marcia if i could take him,he was ready to go.We walked 3 blocks,he was sniffing checking out the squirrels,he seemed happy being outside.

When we got back,gave him his treat,he jumped on the sofa next to Marcia and sighed. When I was about to leave,gave him a hug,he licked my ear. M&D won't be home Sat,so it was wonderful having a short visit with her,seeing my 'buddyboy'. Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 194

It was wonderful to have a sunny day,after all the rain we've been having lately,a tad breezy temps near 50.

On my mid morning walk'spur of the moment' looked to see if Marcia's car was in the driveway,yes I knocked on front door,walked in. She was on the phone,'buddy boy' happy to see me,tail wagging.

He wanted to play hide n seek when he saw the leash in my hand,Marcia blocked him.

As we went down the steps,said to him'which way should we go,I'll follow you' We did another route we hadn't done in awhile 5 blocks.

He was happy because it was garbage day kept looking/sniffing on lawns for something to eat,no such luck..When we got back,he patiently waited for his treat,then we came into the living room.Marcia&I were talking,'bb' let out a big sigh as he laid down on the sofa. A couple minutes later as i was about to leave,bent over,gave him a hug,he licked my nose&ear,made my day Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 194

Its been a partly sunny day here,temps in the mid 60's,unlike yesterday when it was a very warm day,new record high of 85.

On my afternoon walk,I strolled over to Marcia and Dave's,she was home,knocked on the door,walked in .My 'buddy boy' was lying on the couch,jumped off and came over wagging his tail,licked my nose. I asked her if i could take him a for a walk

We went our usual route about 3 blocks,he was into sniffing the lawns,checking to see if he could find something to eat. We walked by a few houses where I knew other dogs lived,they started barking from the windows getting all bent out of shape when they saw 'bb'.He looked at them but kept on going.

When we returned,'bb' raced into the house, waiting for his treat. I bent down to give him a goodbye hug,he licked my nose. Marcia was outside tending to her flowers as I was leaving,she thanked me for walking him

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 194

Its been a beautiful spring day here today,temps in mid 60's.I've been wearing my capri pants.

Marcia and I went on a 'road trip',she took me to a local furniture store where I was looking for a new chair,success will be delivered on Fri.

When we returned home,'bb' wasn't in the living room,but upstairs. Marcia called him down,I put the leash around his head off we went.We walked 4 blocks as he was sniffing grass,checking out the flowers blooming totally ignoring the squirrels. When we returned,he raced into the house,waited patiently for his treat. He jumped on the sofa,very content,gave him a goodbye hug,he licked my chin.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 194

It has turned out to be a partly sunny day here,temps near 50.

On my afternoon walk,I strolled over to Marcia&Dave's hoping she was home. She was, thought it would be a great chance for me to walk 'bb'. I knocked on the door,Marcia was on the phone,'bb' was happy to see me,tail wagging,bent down to hug him,he licked my nose&chin. She said'he hasn't been out for awhile'.I got the leash,he walked into the living room near where Marcia was sitting, waited for me to put leash around his neck.

We walked 4 blocks,wonderful to hear birds chirping,see different colored flowers beginning to grow.The air smelled like spring,not seeing any more snow piles was great.We thoroughly enjoyed our walk.When we got back,'bb' was happy to get his treat,then laid down on sofa next to Marcia. I guess I tired him out because he sighed,looked very content as he closed his eyes. Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 194

Its been a cloudy/damp day temps near 40 today.

I strolled over to Marcia&Dave's this morning around 8:45 for our weekly chat. I knocked on the door,walked into the living. Marcia was sitting in their new leather recliner chair reading the paper,'bb' was lying on the couch,head on pillow.I bent down to give him a hug,he licked my nose&chin. I sat next to him as Marcia and I were talking,all of a sudden he started making noises. He hadn't eaten breakfast yet,so I went and got his kibble,told him to lie on the floor,then he was free to get to his meal.

He finished his breakfast,saw I had the leash in my hand,tried to get away from me,Marcia blocked him. Marcia&I started out on the walk,she stopped at the corner yogurt/pastry shop as 'bb' and I continued on for about 3 blocks. As we were turning for home,he heard her voice,started wagging his tail as we waited for her. We walked into the house,took off the leash as he raced into the kitchen patiently waiting for his treat.

I was sitting on the sofa,Marcia brought over treats for us,croissants. As usual,'bb' tried to get crumbs from me as he sat on the other sofa,kept saying 'no'. When Marcia sat down next to him,he started to paw her right arm to no avail. He looked over at Dave sitting across from me,then gave up.He laid down on sofa,sighing.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 194

Its been a cold,wet,dreary day in Buffalo,temps near 40.

This morning,I strolled over to Marcia&Dave's around 8:45 for our weekly chat. I knocked on the door,walked into the living room.Marcia was sitting on sofa with her I Pad,'bb' was lying on the other sofa,head on the pillow. When I bent down to hug him,he wagged his tail,licked my nose

Marcia and I continued our conversation,all of a sudden 'bb' gets up&made it known he was hungry.When he finished,Marcia&I decided to take him for a walk around the block. She got the leash, tried to put it around his head,he thought he could get by me,I blocked him out with my umbrella,Marcia put on his fleece 'muscle shirt' off we went.

I held the leash he spent most of the time sniffing on the grass,we made it around the block in no time. he doesn't like walking in the rain,poor lamb! When we got back,I took off his leash&shirt,he raced into the kitchen waiting for his treat.

A couple min later,Dave came downstairs,'bb' was so happy to see him,tail wagging etc which was funny to watch. I stayed for a couple min longer,as 'bb' was lying back on sofa,wrapped him in the blanket,he was content with a sigh.I gave him a goodbye hug,he licked my nose

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs