Visit the AARP Eye Center for the latest news and information about your vision health.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: my walks with'buddy boy'

Message 41 of 194

Thank you for your December 28th post, Sue.  

Sounds like Marcia & family (& you) are making sure 'bb' has his fleece blanket tucked about him on cold winter days.  He is one lucky fella to be looked after so lovingly. Smiley Happy

You must have enjoyed having dry sidewalks yesterday.   If you lived here in Tampa, you could have been wearing your shorts as you went out on your walks.  Smiley Wink   Actually, I believe many of us Tampa folks would welcome some cooler weather - I know I would!    Pam

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 194

Today started as partly sunny,temps in the 30's.The snow we had for a week or so has all melted,sidewalks are dry.

On my afternoon walk,I strolled over to Marcia&Dave's 'spur of the moment' idea,was returning plastic containers used for leftovers from xmas dinner. I knocked on the door,walked in. Marcia was upstairs,asked if I could take 'bb' for a walk "yea,that would be great". I opened the living room door,there he was lying on the sofa,head on a pillow looking very content. I bent down to give him a hug,tail wagged,he licked my nose. I had no problem putting the leash around his neck.

We went the opposite way we usually go,4 blocks of him sniffing the ground, other dogs across the street barking as we went by. As soon as we got home,he raced into the kitchen waiting for his treat.Marcia&I were talking in living room,he jumped onto the chair, Marcia wrapped fleece blanket around him,he sighed. When I was about to leave,gave 'bb' another hug,he licked my ear

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 194

Thanks for all the detail you included in your 12/17 post, Sue - interesting. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 194

Today was cloudy here in WNY,temp wise it started in the 20's,this afternoon near 40.

I usually stroll over to Marcia&Dave's for our weekly Sat chat with no problems. Well,this morning around 8:45 I certainly got more exercise since some residents hadn't shoveled their walks after  the overnight addtional snowfall which was annoying. When I got to the house, knocked on the door,walked in,'buddy boy' was in the kitchen,he heard my voice,came over and as I bent down to hug him,he licked my nose.

Marcia asked if I would take him on his 1st walk of the day,he had other plans. He started to climb up the stairs,until we both pleaded with him .She put on his 'muscle shirt' and off we went. We went around the block,he was sniffing the snowbanks,quickly did his duty,didn't want to much further which was fine by me since other sidewalks weren't shoveled either.

When we got home,he raced into the kitchen, tried to take off his muscle shirt,he wanted his treat instead.Dave was in the living room reading the paper,took the shirt off. Marcia gave me my 'treat' homemade muffins,delicious. Of course,'bb' saw what I had,proceeded to sit right in front of me,hoping he would get something,nope,he licked the plate. As I was leaving,'bb' was very content lying on the sofa,sighing

As I was walking home 45min later,most of the sidewalks had been shoveled. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 194

Enjoyed your 12/15 post, Sue.

I like how you mentioned the movement toward "tail" end under bb's blanket, when you were greeting him & he was so obviously enjoying it!  Smiley Very Happy

I'm posting this on Saturday, so guess you are enjoying your "tropical heat wave" today?  Here in Tampa we are actually having muggy weather with high around 81 today.  I've been out running errands, in shorts (I only wear bermuda length these days) several times this week.  What a contrast in our weather situations, eh?  Smiley Wink    

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 194

Its been a beautiful but a tad chilly day here in Buffalo,I think the high was 15,the winds made it feel -9. On my mid morning walk,I strolled over to Marcia&Dave's,'spur of the moment' idea. I knocked on the door,walked into the living room.There was my'buddy boy' lying on the sofa with his fleece blanket wrapped around him. As I approached to give him a hug,he licked my nose,could see the bottom of the blanket go up/down

Marcia and I were talking,all of a sudden 'bb' started 'talking' to us too.I asked Marcia whether he needed to go for a walk,she said'I'm not sure he'll go with you'. I got his 'fleece muscle shirt'&leash,he was ready . We only went around the block,he was sniffing the snow piles looking for the perfect spot to do his duty. He started to pull me when we turned the corner for home. He raced into the kitchen,waited patiently for his treat as Marcia took off the muscle shirt. He proceeded to lie back on the sofa,sighing. I'll see him Sat,when the temps will be near 40,a 'tropical heat wave'. LOL!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 194

This morning,I had my weekly chat with Marcia&Dave.As i was strolling over to the house around 8:45,the sun was out,temps were in the 40's. I knocked on the door,walked in,Marcia said to Aiker'hey,look who's here". He heard my voice,jumped off the chair came over and greeted me warmly with a wag and a smile. He was ready for the 1st walk of the day wearing his fleece 'muscle shirt'.

We walked 3 blocks,he was sniffing the leaves,cking out the squirrels,other dogs across the street. As we headed for home,he abruptly stopped,I waited for him to make up his mind,pulled him gently along. He got his treat,went to his chair,sighed

When Alexei&I came back home after the movie,I took him for another walk,its was cloudy& bit breezy,we went around the block,he was content with that. To take him for 2 walks made my day Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 194

Its been a cloudy,windy day here in Buffalo,with dusting of snow from yesterday,temps in the 30's,but with 20-25mph winds felt even colder.

I was spending the morning with Marcia with the original project of cleaning up the dining room . I walked over to the house around 9:30 ,knocked on door,walked into the living room. She said'we have a change of plans,we're going on a 'road trip' instead'. She had just given 'buddy boy' his breakfast,he was ready for his walk,wearing his new teal winter coat which zips snugly around his body,he looked so handsome!. We did usual route he was very content sniffing at the leaves,while I was trying to pull him along considering it was cold&breezy When we got home,gave him his treat,told him to be a 'good boy' until we returned.

The road trip was to Niagara County to a place called Sun Orchards. For the past 10 yrs,they donate their apples to our church. As a fundraiser,our youth group take pre-orders for the 160 pies they bake at church the weekend before thanksgiving. Members  pick up their order after worship on Sun for $10,any left over pies are taken to our local City Mission for their thanksgiving meal.

We got back around 1:30,took 'bb' for another walk. It was a perfect way to spend my day with Marcia,love going on 'road trips' with her.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 194

@gatorgorilla wrote:

Thanks for the latest post, on 11/15, about 'bb' & his family, Sue.

You've helped Marcia with a number of projects, over the months I've been following your posts here at AARP.  And she has served you a nice number of croissants during that time, many of them chocolate.  I imagine I pay as much attention to those chocolate croissants as 'bb' does - they always sound delicious!  Smiley Very Happy

You have about as many spices in your cabinet as I have in mine, Sue.  Some years ago, I had more, & did more preparing of various dishes/recipes.  I doubt I ever had the spice 'line-up' that Marcia apparently has, however.  Cooking was never a big thrill to me, though I was often quite enthusiastic about consuming whatever I had prepared.  :-)  

Hi Pam thanks. I don't like to cook,I use the cinammon to put on apple sauce or sometimes in my cream of wheat cereal. Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 194

Its been a beautiful,glorious day here today,no wind temps in the mid 50's.

This morning,Marcia and I were planning on tackling the dining room area instead we went outside to rake up some leaves. We took a 'road trip' with 'buddy boy' to his favorite pet shop. He needed a new coat for winter months,he tried it on,fits him very snuggly.

After lunch,'buddy boy' decided which way we were going a route we hadn't done in awhile,it was 4 blocks. He was a 'happy camper' sniffing all the leaves,cking out the squirrels,other dogs across the street. When we got back,he drank alot of water&of course got his treat. He then jumped in his chair,sighing. I'll be helping Marcia Mon morning as we tackle the dining room. It seems of late to be the 'drop off'room.

Kudos
Views