Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: my walks with'buddy boy'

Message 51 of 194

Thanks for the latest post, on 11/15, about 'bb' & his family, Sue.

You've helped Marcia with a number of projects, over the months I've been following your posts here at AARP.  And she has served you a nice number of croissants during that time, many of them chocolate.  I imagine I pay as much attention to those chocolate croissants as 'bb' does - they always sound delicious!  Smiley Very Happy

You have about as many spices in your cabinet as I have in mine, Sue.  Some years ago, I had more, & did more preparing of various dishes/recipes.  I doubt I ever had the spice 'line-up' that Marcia apparently has, however.  Cooking was never a big thrill to me, though I was often quite enthusiastic about consuming whatever I had prepared.  :-)  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 194

Its been a beautiful,sunny day here with no wind,temps in the 50's.

I had pre-arranged with Marcia couple days ago to come over and help her with a couple small projects,so that's where I was this afternoon for an hr or so. I knocked on the door,walked into the living room,Marcia was sitting in 'bb's chair. She said,'give him a couple min,once he hears your voice,he'll come racing down'. I was sitting on the bench talking with her,all of a sudden,there he was,wagging his tail,when I bent down to hug him,he licked my nose.

Marcia suggested I take him for a walk,we went around the block,he certainly enjoyed sniffing all the leaves. As usual,he got his treat,was a happy camper. I help Marcia by washing the ceramic cups/pitchers that were on her highboy,while she wiped them dry. The next project taking all of her spices either in bags or in bottles,put them in alphabetical order. She is a  terrific cook,never seen so many spices. The only one I have in my kitchen cabinet is cinammon. I gave 'bb' a hug as i was leaving,he kissed my ear. I'll be over Thurs morning to help Marcia with another project. She's trying to get these projects done before they leave on Weds. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 194

Enjoyed your 11/12/16 post, Sue. 

When you write about 'bb', I know the subject of food & treats will likely come up!  He certainly has you pegged as someone who will at least give him a few crumbs when you humans are enjoying treats. 

Bet that head on the thigh move made Marcia very happy; glad you got to see that.  Smiley Happy 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 194

Its been a partly sunny day but breezy temps in the 40's,made it even cooler.

This morning around 8:45,strolled over to Marcia&Dave's for our weekly chat. As I was about to head up the porch stairs,Marcia had just returned from the grocery store,helped bring in one of the bags. As we walked into the house,I went into the kitchen,'buddy boy' jumped off the sofa to see what  was happening,then followed me into the living room. Dave was sitting on the sofa doing crossword puzzle from today's paper.

I asked if 'bb' had his walk yet 'yes about 45 min ago',went to get leash to see if he was interested in going out again,he came right to me. We did usual route,as he sniffed at  the leaves,he didn't find anything to eat. When we got back,gave him his treat,started playing with his squeaky toy.Alexei joined our conversation,he started passing out 'our treats',the home made croissants from the shop down the street. As usual, 'bb' sat right in front of me hoping I would give something,just crumbs. Then he jumped on sofa next to Marcia,started pawing her arm,he also got crumbs.

When she returned to the sofa,'bb' did something he hadn't done in awhile,he laid his head on her thigh,was very content having her rub his ears as he sighed,priceless moment. Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 194

Its been a partly sunny day here,temps near 60. This afternoon I strolled over to Marcia&Dave's to take 'buddy boy' for a walk at 1:30. I knocked on the door,walked in,Marcia was in kitchen,'bb' heard my voice,jumped off his chair,came over&warmly greeted me e.g wagging his tail,kissed my nose when I bent down to hug him.

Marcia&I sat on opposite sofas having a conversation,while 'bb' was playing with a squeeky toy. All of a sudden he starts barking at us,Marcia said'he knows you here to take him for his walk'. I looked at him saying'you want to go now'?,I put the leash around his neck,off we went.

I always try to change which way we go to break the routine,he seemed happy with that. We did our  3 blocks,he kept looking at a dog across the street who barked at him. When we got home,he raced into the kitchen for his treat. Marcia&I continued our conversation,when I was about to leave,'bb' was in his chair looking very content. I gave him another hug,he licked my left ear. Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 194

It was a partly sunny day here temps in the mid 40's. I had arranged with Marcia to walk 'buddyboy' this afternoon around 1:30.When I strolled over to the house,her car wasn't in the driveway,only had to wait 5 min. As soon as we walked into the living room,he jumped off his chair,so happy to see me,ready for our short walk. We went to the corner,walked a little ways down the street,then came back. I tossed his treat to him,told him to be a 'good boy',he wagged his tail.

I went with Marcia on a 'road trip',we went to Trader Joe's which I've never been to,was impressed with what I saw,bought couple things. Too bad the store's location is in suburb of Buffalo,not right in the city.It was a perfect way to end the week. Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 194

Its been another unseasonably,warm,partly sunny day here,temps in mid 60's,yesterday it was 73. Today I was wearing my capri pants. On my mid morning walk,strolled over to M&D's to drop off a magazine copy of,NYTimes columnist,David Brooks's column from yesterday{we are all fans}. I knocked on the door,walked in,Marcia was sitting on sofa,looking up something on her IPad,'buddy boy' was upstairs. I called out his name,he raced down the stairs,wagging his tail,gave me no problems as I put the leash over his head.

We went around the block,he was sniffing amongst the leaves hoping to find any tossed candy from Halloween,no such luck. When we got back,he raced into the kitchen,I started to wash a dish that was in the sink,then remembered to give him his treat,tossed it to him. He sighed in his chair,gave him a hug and he licked my nose as I was leaving. Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 194

Its been a cloudy/breezy day here temps in the low 50's.

I walked over to Marcia&Dave's this morning around 8:45 for our usual Sat chat. We've haven't done this in a couple of weeks since they have either been out of town or off somewhere . I knocked on the door,walked into the living room. I wish I had a camera,'buddy boy' was lying on the sofa with his favorite fleece blanket wrapped around him,all I could see was his ears,priceless. When he realized it was me,he quickly jumped off and came over wagging his tail,gave me a smile. Marcia was lying on the other sofa, looking at her IPad. Dave was out having his once/month breakfast with his friends.

When I went to get the leash,he came right to me,Marcia headed to the corner yogurt/pastry place. We walked around the block,'bb' was sniffing the air,leaves on the ground. He saw couple dogs across the street,but wasn't interested for a change. When we came back,he got his treat,then Marcia came back. I got a treat too,chocolate croissant,as usual he sat right in front of me. I ignored  his whimpering until I gave him a crumb,told him'that's it'. He eyed my plate with the crumbs,let him lick it.He went over to Marcia on the sofa,started to paw her arm for something. I didn't see if he got anything because Dave had returned. Alexei&I were discussing upcoming movies to see.

When I was about to leave,'bb was lying on his fav chair,wrapped his fleece balnket around him,gave him a hug. He licked my ear,made my day. Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 194

The last post I wrote the temps were in the 60's,was wearing my capri pants,alas I'm not wearing them now. Its been a partly sunny day,temps in the 40's. Marcia&Dave were out of town this past weekend visitng her mom,Rosie in Michigan,age 102 still sharp as a tack. She told me via email,'buddy boy' had been sick with a stomach problem for couple of days.

On my mid morning walk today,I strolled over there 'spur of the moment'. Marcia was raking&putting leaves in garbage bag,asked how 'bb' was feeling, she said'much better,you can take him for a short walk'.When I walked into the living room,he was lying on his favorite chair,jumped off,came over to me,wagging his tail.He was ready to go. We walked around the block,he was sniffing,looking at another dog across the street,barking because he wanted to go over there,had to rein him in. When we got back,gave him his treat. I started to pick up the fleece blanket that was on the floor ,he started to bark at me,next thing I know we were playing tug of war. I think he was trying to tell me'hey,that's my blanket,leave it alone'.

When Marcia came downstairs,he jumped back onto his chair,I wrapped the blanket around him,he sighed. I gave him a goodbye hug,he licked my ear,he was back to normal which is a good sign

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 194

Today started out as a beautiful,sunny day,temps near 60,clouds rolled in this afternoon. I strolled over to M&D's around 1:30. I knocked on door,walked in 'bb' was in a happy mood,he smiled,wiggled his entire body,when I bent down to put leash around his neck,he licked my nose.

We did a different route of usual 3 blocks,he was sniffing the air,grass etc. We didn't see any squirrels,maybe they were hiding,LOL!. As we were coming around the corner,I noticed a young girl with her pet guinea pig lying on the lawn,she picked him up before 'bb' could get near. I think 'bb' was mystified to see him,its not everyday you would see that pet outside. When we got back,he raced into the kitchen,patiently waited for his treat.

I asked Marcia why 'bb' was in a good mood,she said'he always likes to see his' dad' at the house. Dave has been in/out of the house past couple of days. I'll be walkng him tomorrow same time weather permitting

Kudos
Views