Explore your flexible work options with AARP's Flexible Work Online Expo from 2-5 p.m. ET Tuesday! Register now.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: my walks with'buddy boy'

Message 61 of 194

Its cloudy with on/off light rain here this morning temps in the 60's. I strolled over to M&D's this morning around 8:45.I knocked on door,walked in. Marcia was about to walk  to the corner yogurt/pastry place ,''bb' had to 'bribed' to come downstairs so I could take him out. As I put the leashed around his neck,tail wagging,he licked my nose.

It was sprinkling when we started on our walk,we did usual route.We didn't see any squirrels,he kept sniffing the air, he smelled something,he proceeded to 'walk me' down the sidewalk for minute or so until he stopped. He got his treat when we got home,jumped onto his chair sighing. Alexei&I were discussing upcoming movies we may go see.

When Marcia came back,she offered me a pastry,told her I would have it later. She brought hers to the sofa,as usual,'bb' jumped up right next to her hoping for something. As we continued our conversation,he began to put his paw on her wrist,she ignore him. He jumped off and went back to his chair,sulking,poor doggie,LOL! The next time I'll walk him is Tues,weather permitting. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 194

Its been another warm,sunny day here in Buffalo,temps near 80.

I strolled over to Marcia&Dave's this afternoon around 1:15,knocked on the door,walked in,she was sitting on sofa, talking on the phone no' buddy boy' in sight. I went upstairs,found him lying on the bed,he looked so content. When I came over to him,he wagged his tail,licked my nose. I came downstairs,turned around&he was standing on the stair looking at me. Marcia&I tried to get him to come down,no such luck until she 'bribed' him with a treat.

I changed our route a little bit today so we could walk farther. He was sniffing something on the grass,I pulled him away,he proceeded to sneeze 2 times. He chk'd out a squirrel decided this time not to go after it,since he was beginning to pant. The usual routine when we got home,then he saw Marcia eating a cookie,tried to plead for some too,no luck. He went to the other sofa,laid down sighing. I told him to be a 'goodboy' until I see him  Sat morning. Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 194

Its been a glorious day here just like yesterday,temps in the mid 70's,certainly doesn't feel like Oct.

I strolled over to M&D's this afternoon around 1:15,when I knocked on screen door,Marcia said 'come in'. When I walked into the living room,'bb' jumped off his chair,wagging his tail excited to see me. Marcia was on the sofa using her Ipad. We talked for couple of minutes,'bb' was waiting for me at the door,which doesn't happen often.

We did our usual route,he was sniffing the grass,cking out the squirrels. As we were coming around the corner,he spots a squirrel just sitting on the grass not moving.I wasn't sure who was going to move first,'bb' started to walk slowly towards squirrel until I told him 'not today,c'mon lets go'.

When we got back to the house,he raced into kitchen waiting for his treat. Marcia&I continued our conversation,while 'bb' jumped back in his chair,sighing. When I was about to leave,gave him a hug,told him to be a 'good boy',he licked my ear. I''ll be walking him tomorrow ,will be the highlight of my day. Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 194

@doglover52 wrote:

Sorry,this post is a day late. Yesterday afternoon I strolled over to M&D's around 1:30 to walk 'buddy boy'. When I knocked on the door and walked in,Marcia was sitting on the sofa,'bb' jumped off is chair came towards me,wagged the tail,then ignored me. I got the leash,he took one look at me headed for the dining room. I pretend I was crying saying'oh,no more walks with my 'buddyboy'. Marcia suggested I start walking to the front door,she was laughing because he was following me. I turned around said to him'are you ready to go now,you,goofball' tail wagged.

We did our usual route,he was looking at a couple squirrels,then it started to rain lightly so we cut short our walk came home. He got his treat&jumped on the sofa where Marcia was,hoping she 'd give him part of her lunch,no such luck,he sighed. As I was about to leave,gave him a goodbye hug,he licked my nose.The next time I'll walk him is next Weds weather permitting. It was p.sunny yesterday before the rain came,temps in the low 70's. Sue

Enjoyed your 9/27 post, Sue. Wonder which worked?  Your boo-hooing or your heading toward the door, as if leaving - maybe a combo of the two?  I can just imagine Marcia having a good chuckle as she watched "buddy boy's" behavior - it sounds pretty amusing from the way you've described it. Smiley Very Happy   Pam

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 194

Sorry,this post is a day late. Yesterday afternoon I strolled over to M&D's around 1:30 to walk 'buddy boy'. When I knocked on the door and walked in,Marcia was sitting on the sofa,'bb' jumped off is chair came towards me,wagged the tail,then ignored me. I got the leash,he took one look at me headed for the dining room. I pretend I was crying saying'oh,no more walks with my 'buddyboy'. Marcia suggested I start walking to the front door,she was laughing because he was following me. I turned around said to him'are you ready to go now,you,goofball' tail wagged.

We did our usual route,he was looking at a couple squirrels,then it started to rain lightly so we cut short our walk came home. He got his treat&jumped on the sofa where Marcia was,hoping she 'd give him part of her lunch,no such luck,he sighed. As I was about to leave,gave him a goodbye hug,he licked my nose.The next time I'll walk him is next Weds weather permitting. It was p.sunny yesterday before the rain came,temps in the low 70's. Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 194

Thanks for your latest post, Sue.  I can't imagine any dog not noticing another dog who is passing by - "buddy boy" must have been intensely interested in whatever had his attention!  Smiley Very Happy    Pam

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 194

Today has been a partly sunny day,temps in 60's,feels like fall,still  wearing shorts LOL!

When Alexei&I came back from the movie this afternoon,I walked into the house,'buddy boy' was lying on his chair,when he saw me tail was wagging. When I got the leash,put it around his head,then he was ready to go. We did our usual walk,as we were coming back,he was focused on something,never noticed the small dog who past us on the right which surprised me. When we got back,he dashed into the kitchen waiting for his treat. He was happy because everybody was home,jumped on the sofa and sighed. He licked my nose when I hugged goodbye.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 194

Its been another glorious,sunny day here temps in the mid 80's,perfect way to bring in  the1st day of autumn. I had pre-arranged with Marcia to take my 'buddy boy' for a walk this afternoon since she&Dave won't be home Sat..

I strolled over to the house around 1:30,knocked on door&walked into living room. As I was sitting on low bench,'bb' was in a playful mood came over,as I bent down to give him a hug,he licked my nose. As Marcia& I were talking,he was lying on the rug, rolled over onto his stomach. I couldn't resisit the chance to get down with him whispering sweet things into his ears,rubbing his stomach,he thought that was devine,his tail went 'thump,thump'. It took me a min to get up off the floor LOL! {having a partial knee will do that to you}. I got the leash,he was ready to go.

We did our usual route,he started to pant as we turned  the corner,I let him decide which way we were gonna  come back home.He started leading me instead of the other way around which I found amusing. When we got back,he saw me get the treat bag,cocked his head,waited patiently for his treat.

Marcia&I continued our conversation,'bb' jumped on the sofa,let out a big sigh. As i was about to leave,gave him another hug,told him to be a 'good boy' he licked my ear.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 194

Those temps you are currently enjoying in Buffalo sound wonderful, Sue. Glad you took initiative to set up walk with 'bb'  yesterday, if you won't be able to walk him any other time this week.  Feel sure 'bb' was just as pleased with the outing as you were - you two always seem to have mutually happy encounters!  Smiley Happy   Pam

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 194

Its been another beautiful day here,no humidity,temps in the 70's. I emailed Marcia yesterday asking if I could walk 'buddy boy' this afternoon,since it would be my only chance to do so this week. She and Dave won't be home this weekend

I strolled over around 1:30,Alexei said'come on in'. When I walked into the living room,door was partly open,Alexei said to 'bb','look who's here,go to Sue'. He jumped off the sofa,wagging his tail,when I bent down to hug him he licked my nose&chin. When I went to get the leash,he was lying on the rug tail wagging.

We went around the block,he was sniffing the different lawns which look really green thanks to the recent rain we finally got late Sat night. When we got back,he drank some water&I tossed his treat,went right in his mouth. He proceeded to his chair,sighing. I told him 'be a good boy',he licked my ear.

Kudos
Views