Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: my walks with'buddy boy'

Message 81 of 194

Its been another hot/humid summer day here in WNY,temps close to 90.

This afternoon,after Alexei&I went to the movies,came home with him to walk 'buddy boy'. When we came into the living room,'bb' jumped off the sofa,happy to see me wagging his tail,bent down to give him a hug,he licked my nose.

We didn't go far since it was still humid outside,just around the block,he didn't seem to mind. When we got back,he paitently waited for his treat. I gave him a goodbye hug,told him to be a 'good boy' until the next time,he wagged his tail. Marcia&Dave are away in Michigan until next weekend. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 194

Today its been a partly sunny day,less humid{for a change} temps in low 80's.

This morning I strolled over to Marcia&Dave's,knocked on door,walked into the living room. I was glad to see my 'buddy boy' its been over a week. He came right over wagged his tail,as I bent down to hugged him,he licked my nose.Marcia and Dave were sitting on the sofas

When I went to get the leash,he went into the dining room,guess he wanted to play hide n seek,he hadn't done this for awhile. I got fed up,said'no more walks or treats for you'started to walk away,then turned around saying'come here now'.He didn't move,tail still wagging,got the leash around his head

We didn't go far just around the block because 'bb' kept stopping and I was getting frustrated. When we got back,gave him his treat,he laid down on the rug by the air condtioner. I said 'did you like that walk?", wagged his tail,kept looking at me. I asked M&D how the family reunion went last weekend in Michigan,they had a good time,'bb' behaved himself.

I plan to walk him Weds morning again Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 194

Its been a beautiful,less humid but breezy day temps in the mid 80's.

I had talked with Marcia this past Sat,if I could walk 'buddy boy' aroud 9am today,she said'that would be great'.I strolled over to the house,knocked on door,both Dave&Marcia said' come on in'. When I walked into the living room,Dave was sitting on couch marcia in dining room using sewing machine,'buddy boy' raced over ,gave me a smile,showed me his new 'toy' he was chewing on. He usually destroys them in a day or so..He just finished eating his breakfast,went&got the leash,saying'nose',he came right to me was ready to go.

We did our usual walk,as we were coming down the street,a couple young kids were in front of their house drawing with chalk on sidewalk. They asked if they could pet him,I said 'sure,he's not my dog,but he loves the attention'. I told the kids my nickname for him is 'buddy boy',one little girl'oh,that's the name of our dog'buddy,this dog is nice&friendly too'. As we continued on our way,I said to him 'you were a very good boy with them'. He looked at me wagged his tail.

When we got home,he raced into the kitchen waiting for his treat,then went back to his toy. I mentioned to Marcia&Dave what happened,she said'he's always loved the attention,that's our boy'.

Marcia&Dave are going to a family reunion this weekend in Michigan,told her I could walk 'bb' on Sat. She told me she would have Alexei let me know what time is good for him,so if it happens I'll post about it. Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 194

Today its been sunny,less humid day temps in mid 80's.

I strolled over to Marcia&Daves this morning around 8:50 for our weekly chat,it was already 73 degrees. I knocked on the door,walked in to living room where it was nice&cool{the A/C was on} Marcia was sitting one one sofa,'buddy boy' jumped off the other came over wagging his tail. I said'have you been a good boy',he licked my nose. Marcia&I were sitting talking,asked if 'bb had been out recently,she said'1 hr 1/2 ago, you know he likes his walks'. I got the leash,he came right over to me,off we went.

We did usual route,all of a sudden he noticed a squirrel tried to climb the tree,just missed its tail. That's the first time in awhile he's noticed one. When we came back,he patiently waited for his treat. Once again,I got a treat too,'bb' was near by to see if he would get crumbs,luckily he didn't bark or whine this time . Dave walked in,had gone out to breakfast with his friends{they do this once/month},funny watching 'bb get so excited when he saw Dave,as if he didn't see him leave.

I left about 20min later,gave 'bb his goodbye hug,he wagged his tail& kissed my nose again,made my day. Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 194

Its been a partly sunny day with less humidty,thank God,temps near 80.

I had emailed Marcia couple days ago to see we could have our usual weekly chat since its been awhile,she said'I'll be home,Dave&Alexei are in the Adirondacks for weekend". I strolled over around 8:50,knocked on screen door walked in. Marcia was cleaning up small table,'bb' was lying on the sofa,head on one of the pillows,went to give him a hug,he proceeded to lick my chin&nose. Marcia went to get his breakfast as we talked. When he was done,took him for on our usual route,it felt good to get back into the walking routine.He raced back into kitchen waiting for his treat.

I got one too too,Marcia had gone to corner yogurt&pastry place,she was eating a rasberry croissant,mine was chocolate. Once again,'bb' stares at me while I'm eating,begins to bark&whimper. I told him'you've had breakfast,walk,treat what more do you want'. As he continued to whimper,told him to sit,then lie down,which he did,gave him little bits& crumbs.

Marcia asked if I was interested in going on a'road trip' to BJ's,said'I love that place,better than Sam's Club'. The last time we went was Jan 13th when we stopped beforehand to see the infamous"ICE CAR", that was sitting in restaurant parking lot by Lake Erie encased in ice.

I did alot walking at BJ's only bought 3 items.

When we returned home,helped bring groceries into the house,then took 'bb for another walk which he enjoyed. As I was giving him a hug goodbye,told him to be a 'good boy',he wagged his tail licked my ear. Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 194

Enjoyed your latest post, Sue.  Thanks for sharing your observations & thoughts - found it all quite interesting.  Smiley Happy   Pam

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 194

It was partly sunny day/breezy here today,temps in the 70's.

When I walked over to M&D's this morning around 8:50,it was 61. I knocked on the screen door,Alexei welcomed me in,'bb' had just awaken. He jumped off the sofa came over to me wagging his tail. I gave Alexi some articles&magazine for Marcia&Dave,then got the leash. We were talking about the movie we saw yesterday,"The BFG" told him where it was filmed,didn't see where 'bb' was. I turned around,he was standing at the screen door looking outside. I said'there you are,ready for a walk' as I put leash around his head,tail wagging.

We did our usual route,as we were coming back,we passed a black pickup truck that was parked. All of a sudden,the dog in the front seat of truck starts  barking teeth showing,'bb' starts to bark back,wanted to go check him out,I told him'no' as I'm pulling him away. The owner of truck&dog said'our dog is friendly'.I thought to myself'I don't know this dog,since'bb' isn't mine,not going to go there'.

When we got back,he raced into the living room  then to his water bowl,sat patiently for his treat. Alexei &I continued our conversation, 'bb jumped on the sofa,lying down with his head on the pillow,sighing. As I was about to leave,went over&gave him a hug,he licked my ear. Alexei profusely thanked me for walkng him this past week. I told him'I love walking 'bb&as long as I get visitation visits,I'm a happy camper",he laughed. Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 194

Sue,  Enjoyed your post about today's outing with 'bb'.  Seems like he is always happy to munch on a treat, even when he hasn't shown a lot of interest in his breakfast?

(Because  you & Alexei share intense interest in movies & performing, I always imagine the conversations you have with him are about movies, etc. !)    Thanks for the post.   Pam

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 194

Sue,  Thanks for your very informative reply about what your church youth group does while in Maine for a week of 'mission' work.  Wonderful to hear about all the good things they do, and then the 'favor is returned' to Buffalo area by Maine youths.  What a great way to have youth fellowship while also doing some much needed and appreciated projects!   Pam

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 194

It was a partly sunny day here today,temps in the mid 70's.

It was 62 when I strolled over at 7:45 to walk 'bb' this morning. I knocked on the screen door,walked in,he raced over to me wagging his tail. Alexei told me he was in process of eating some  breakfast,so I sat in chair,while Alexei&I chatted. When he had enough,I had leash in my hand,but 'bb' had other ideas,like 'hide n seek'.He kept looking back at me tail wagging. Alexei said to him'you like going with Sue,go on',he finally came over to me,goofball!

We did our usual route,he was sniffing the ground,did look at squirrels but didn't go after any. When we got back,took off the leash before we went inside,opened the door,he raced into the kitchen. He saw me reach for the treat bag,got excited,gently took it from my hand. He ate a little bit more food,then jumped onto the sofa. I gave him a hug,he licked my nose. Sue

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season