Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: my walks with'buddy boy'

Message 171 of 194

I just read your 10/3 & 10/10 posts, Sue, & enjoyed them both.  Thanks for continuing to keep us up-to-date on your encounters with Aiker/"bb".  I enjoy hearing what the two of you are up to, & also like reading about life there in Buffalo.

Seems like last fall you attended a local arts-&-crafts fest - is that an annual event in Buffalo, & will you be attending this year?

I finally got around to reading up a little on pharoah hounds - was interested ever since you mentioned that "bb" is a pharoah hound.  They sound like a wonderful breed - I don't believe I have ever encountered a pharoah hound "up close & personal" - thanks for introducing us to the breed!    Pam  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 172 of 194

Its been a beautiful autmn day here today,temps near 60.

I didn't walk 'buddy boy' this morning but seeing him twice today made up for it.

I was standing at the corner of my street waitng for the bus to go to Target.I just happen to look down the street,saw Dave coming towards me with 'buddy boy'When they got to opposite corner I yelled'hey buddy',his ears perked up,tail wagging. As Dave is crossing the street,'bb' starts pulling him because he was so happy to see me,whole body is wiggingly. I knew Marcia was out of town this weekend,asked Dave how he is 'coping' without her. He said'he's out of sorts because he saw the suitcase&her leave early yesterday morning'

When I returned home, took a stroll over to the house as I usually do to drop off a article for them. When I knocked&walked into the living room,'bb' jumped from his fav chair,came to me and gave me a smile. As I was talking with Dave,'bb' ignores me by facing away from me.I knew he was missing Marcia,so,I sweetly said to him'come here,buddy boy'. He turns around just looks at me,but slowly he came over to me,I hugged him.

When I was leaving,he was back in his chair,told him to  be a 'good boy',he licked my nose. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 173 of 194

Marcia is out of town until Mon its a cool/cloudybreezy day here in the 50's,wearing pants&sweatshirt. I  walked over to the house to drop off an article I give them every week. I didn't know if Dave was home,so I put envelope in their mailbx,he heard me,opened the door&invited me in. I walked into the living room,'bb' yawned and came right to me wagging his tail,gave me a smile. Dave was going to the corner yogurt/home made pastry place{I had mentioned in previous post}invited me to join him so we started walking 'bb'. As Dave went in,I stayed outside with him,another dog was coming towards us,they both started to bark at each other. All,'bb' really wanted to do was go over to  the dog to say'hi'',but his owner didn't want that to happen. I tried to steer'bb' away',he started pulling,luckily Dave came out to calm him down.

I told Dave I would take 'bb' around the block,so that's what we did.He saw a squirrel couldn't decide whether to chase him or not,he didn't. We came to the corner of the street where we usually turn,he just stopped and wouldn't move. After talking to him for couple secs,I pulled the leash and he finally came with me. As we were heading for the house,he sees Dave a couple feet away from me and gets really excited as if he hasn't seen him in awhile. I let go of the leash and 'bb' goes right to him,races up the porch steps.

When we get inside,he races to his waterbowl,then waits for his treat. The bag only has crumbs,so he gently licks them from my hand.While Dave is answering the phone,'bb' races up the stairs,then he comes halfway down just sits on the stair looking confused.When Dave got off the phone,asked if 'bb' was missing or trying to find Marcia. He said 'could be both'. I told 'bb' to be a 'good boy' until the next time. Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 174 of 194

Your latest post (9/30/2015) is delightful, Sue!  

Good that you didn't let Aiker/bb take lead on this walk.  You steered him clear of troublesome activity, which can put a damper on the outing for both of you, as evidenced during your prior outing.  More fun for both without lots of scolding!

Hope Marcia has a new treat bag on hand, the next time you visit.  (additional comment:  I can't imagine that they go a day without treat bag in that household, where "bb" is so well-loved, so am not really concerned that there may not be treats available next time you visit, Sue. Smiley Happy )

Sounds like "bb" was enjoying his romp with your cap.  I definitely like that caption that you mentioned!

Thanks for another fun "bb" post.  Pam  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 175 of 194

Today it really felt like fall weather,cloudy, cool temps,peaks of sun in the high50's. I was wearing shorts with a sweatshirt,don't think I'll be wearing them again,capri pants instead.

This afternoon,I strolled over to the house,knocked on door,Marcia called me in,she was sitting on sofa ,'buddy boy'  wasn't there. I walked halfway up the stairs calling his name,no response I said' I guess you don't want a walk or treat',that's all it took. As I turned around to come back down stairs,he comes flying by me into the living room.I asked him 'you been a 'good boy',he just looks at me,wagging his tail.

I had leash in my hand,he walked towards the kitchen.I said to him'are you my buddy boy,if so come here'. He slowly came towards me,put his head in the leash,he licked my nose. Marcia and I walked him couple of blocks,he kept pulling,sniffing for something,but I wasn't going to let him take the lead. When we got back,gave him what was left in the treat bag,mostly crumbs. He didin't see the other crumbs between my finger,had to point it out to him,goof ball.

.I wear a variety of  caps,my fav one says"I Love Dogs,its Humans that Annoy Me".I always put cap  on  living room table .He did something he has never done before.All of a sudden he puts cap in his mouth,starts running around the living room/kitchen&dining room like its a toy. I follow him into the dining room,in angry voice say'drop it now',tail wagging he does. Marcia told me he does this with hubby's caps too,maybe he read what the cap said.

I maybe walking him again someday next week.I'll keep posting when I do Sue

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 176 of 194

Thanks for posting Sue. I always enjoy reading them and I especially needed to read something to put a smile on my face this morning. There just hardly seems to be anybody posting here lately, please don't stop. 

P.S. This goes for you too Pam. AND you too Patty Diane, it's great to see you are still with us.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 177 of 194

Thanks for post, Sue.  Hope Wednesday walk will go well, so "bb"/Aiker merits his treat at end of walk.  Glad your temps are so pleasant these days!  Pam

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 178 of 194

It was cloudy,with scattered rain here temps in the low 70's,wonderful I can still wear my shorts.

This afternoon,I strolled over to the house,knocked on door,Marcia told me to come in. As i entered the living room,Marcia said'Aiker,look who's here". He was lying on his favorite chair,but didn't move. When I bent down to hug him,his tail went 'thump,thump,he licked my nose. I sat near him on the sofa,his head was on the armrest,kept rubbing his ears,top of his nose,he sighed.

Marcia said to him'lets go for a walk',his ears perked up. When I went to get the leash,he tried to get off the chair,but I caught him instead. We walked about 4 blocks,he kept pulling/sniffing for something. We caught him twice eating other dog's poop,YUCK!,both times I looked right at him,told him'he was a bad boy,no treats for you'.It started to sprinkle lightly when we got back to the house. He raced into the kitchen looking back at me wagging his tail waiting for me.. I said'you were a bad boy,no treat'. He laid down on the rug,and sulked.

Marcia&I continued talking,then he came over jumped on the sofa. When I got up to leave,I said to him'are you going to be good until Weds"? He just looked at me. Sue

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 179 of 194

Thanks for this latest (9/26) post, Sue - I enjoyed it.  "bb" was obviously glad you came to visit today!   Pam

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 180 of 194

I need to clarify about my apt building,I live in a co-op apt complex,lived here since 1988. One of the rules is NO PETS ALLOWED which I think is ridiculous. Some of the residents in the past have asked board members to change it,answer is still NO

This morning as I strolled over to Marcia&Dave's,partly sunny in low 60's.Marcia was just finishing picking up leaves by their front garden,helped her put them in a trash bag. When we walked into the house I went into living room. All of a sudden 'bb' jumps off the sofa runs towards me,wagging his tail,gives me a smile,licks my nose.Marcia&I were  talking for couple of min until he starts barking,told him to 'stop it'. He looks at me  wagging his tail,he sensed we were about to go for a walk.He loves playing the game of not coming to me when I have leash in my hand,only said 'come here' once,that was it.

Marcia stopped by the corner home made yogurt/bread/pastry shop while I continued with the walk. We did a couple of blocks,'bb' was looking at squirrels,other dogs across the street,didn't seem interested in chasing them. When we returned,he raced into the kitchen,licking his water bowl,then sat patiently for his treat.

We were sitting in living room when Dave  came in,started to play with him which he always does. Its fun to watch them together,'bb' starts barking racing around the room.Dave picks him up,sat down in 'bb''s fav chair,held him in his arms until 'bb' settled down,priceless moment. Marcia gave me one of the pastries,and of course he's looking at me&her to see who will give him a little bit to eat. He's sitting across from me on the sofa,when he sees that I have something,he moves closer. I tell him to sit,his front paws are on the floor&his butt is on the sofa LOL! He gently takes pastry from my hand.

As I'm giving him his goodbye hug,tell him to be a 'good boy' he licks my ear,thumps his tail. Sue

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.