From travel insurance to fraud protection, AARP has you covered. Take a closer look at your member benefits.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What's your favorite dog breed

Message 61 of 217

I LOVE Dogs! Pretty much all dogs, although for me, any breed small, cute and snuggly. I had a malti-poo for 14 years who died a little over a year ago.  In January I got a mal-shi-poo puppy. She barely weighed over a lb when I got her. She now weighs 5 lbs and is done growing. We made an instant bond. She's definitely a momma's girl, and she's the softest, snuggliest little thing EVER.IMG_0540.JPGRumor

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: What's your favorite dog breed?

Message 62 of 217

It is a tie for me, my pug Ollie is the most laid back, sweet and kind guy ever and his Maltese brother Sneeky Pete is, well, sneaky Smiley Wink

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 217

I love lots of breeds. I guess my favorite eould be Labradors  cuz I  grew up with them. They are great with kids & have a nice temperament.  My most favorite pet though would be my last dog "Precious" a 5# Yorkie. She was a very loyal friend and went with me everywhere! I miss her still

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 217

I love Great Danes.  Wonderful dispositions, funny, very loyal and protective, and just fun to be around.  Regrettably, their life spans are relatively short, but they pack a lot of life into their time on Earth.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 217

Really? You think it would be better for domesticated cats and dogs to have to fend for themselves on the streets?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 217

I don't believe in pets; I think real respect to animals is to leave them in the wild. I do think police, farmers, and the blind need the help of a dog, but to neuter an animal or keep it in your four walls is as bad as a trophy dead animal up on the wall you shot. I will even accept this (having a pet)if it prevents loneliness, so I am aware people get attached to their pet and would miss the animal, but then no more. I also understand most pet owners are good to the animal thank God, but my sense of freedom for peoples extends to animals. Your need does not take priority over the animal's need for freedom to be what it is. I understand our eating of animals and I don't have a clear view on vegetarianism---but trophies and pets I think will look strange to people off in the future looking back at us. It bothers me that there are pets in homes and homeless people on the street...not a perfect world is it?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 217

Rough-coated collies. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 217

Rat terrier.

i had two and found they are  faithful and lovable and very protective of the owner .

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 217

Chinese Crested.  They are intelligent, beautiful, sweet, loyal--everything I could possibly ask for in a dog.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 217

We have a mini pin as well.  He is our favorite dog of all of them.  He is smart, loyal, friendly and has OCD which makes him hilarious.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark