Watch AARP’s Movies for Grownups awards show online! View the streaming video on PBS.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What's your favorite dog breed?

Message 61 of 213

Really? You think it would be better for domesticated cats and dogs to have to fend for themselves on the streets?

Assume nothing. Question everything. And start thinking.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 213

I don't believe in pets; I think real respect to animals is to leave them in the wild. I do think police, farmers, and the blind need the help of a dog, but to neuter an animal or keep it in your four walls is as bad as a trophy dead animal up on the wall you shot. I will even accept this (having a pet)if it prevents loneliness, so I am aware people get attached to their pet and would miss the animal, but then no more. I also understand most pet owners are good to the animal thank God, but my sense of freedom for peoples extends to animals. Your need does not take priority over the animal's need for freedom to be what it is. I understand our eating of animals and I don't have a clear view on vegetarianism---but trophies and pets I think will look strange to people off in the future looking back at us. It bothers me that there are pets in homes and homeless people on the street...not a perfect world is it?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 213

Rough-coated collies. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 213

Rat terrier.

i had two and found they are  faithful and lovable and very protective of the owner .

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 213

Chinese Crested.  They are intelligent, beautiful, sweet, loyal--everything I could possibly ask for in a dog.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 213

We have a mini pin as well.  He is our favorite dog of all of them.  He is smart, loyal, friendly and has OCD which makes him hilarious.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 213

Black Russian Terriers.

Beautiful, loyal, smart, protective, funny and big!  Love um!

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 213

A friend of mine from work raised Irish Wolf Hounds.  We would meet on Saturdays to play with, start training and to socialize the pups.  I had so much fun with these wonderful dogs.  The adult dogs were absolutely sure they were lap dogs and I have some wonderful photos showing me 5ft 2 with two or three monsterous lap dogs on a sofa.  If I had a really large backyard I would own an Irish Wolf Hound.  I do have a Llhasa Apso which is a wonderful, happy little dog who is a joy every day.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 213

I love my chihuahua she is so good and affectionate, like toy poodles too!!!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 213

Dachshund

Kudos
Views