You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What's your favorite dog breed?

Message 161 of 216

Wired hair fox terrier is my favorite.  We had one called Spedly Pucht.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 162 of 216

PAPILLON!!!!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 163 of 216

I personally like the "Heinz 57" dogs.  The mix breeds.  Our Pemberley's Mom was Cocker Spaniel & her Dad was Brittney Spaniel & Saint Bernard.  My best friend was just the opposite having to have full breed dogs.  She passed away in April 2010.  That fall my daughter found a Yellow Lab in the road.  We brought her home, called town animal control & when no body claimed her we kept her naming her Honey.  I know that she was sent to us from Cathy.  Unfortunately, we lost her to cancer 1 1/2 years ago.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 164 of 216
I have always loved Chihuahuas. I have had 2 purebreds, but know am the proud Mom of a terrhuahua. Her dad was a chihuahua and her mom was a fox terrier. She's much more active than my other dogs, but I lover her just as much.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 165 of 216

I love the Shih Tzu - their personalities are so cute. We adopted an older Shih Tzu from Friends of Pets & she was the best dog. For a small dog she was fearless when we went for walks, she would bark at larger dogs as if she was talking to them. She also had a skip when we walked like she was happy to be outside. I was heartbroken when she became ill & died. I have plans to get 2 Shih Tzu's when my home building project is finished.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: What's your favorite dog breed? Dachund

Message 166 of 216
Hot dog with mustard and onions...
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What's your favorite dog breed? Dachund

Message 167 of 216

I love dachs because not only did I have one as a child, but as a disabled adult with social anxity disorder, I have a very well behaved black & tan that goes everywhere with me.  He remains quiet when out, never begs for food at resturants, and if I need to go into the kitchen at church, where I do not think dogs belong, I can set him on a chair, go get my glass of ice water, and he will be in the same place I left him when I return.  The only training he has had is from me carrying him around since he was a very young puppy.  I do have a note from my psych. Dr, saying that I need him with me.

Skeeter
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 168 of 216
Toy Poodle!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Chihuahua and Irish Setters and any spaniel

Message 169 of 216

Basically I love all dogs - big, little, pure breeds, mixed, doesn't matter.  My baby now is 10 years old and part chihauhau and part terrier.  She is the sweetest, genleist, most loving, smart dog I have ever had and I have had a lot of dogs.  I think rescue dogs are the best.  They look at you with such love in their beautiful eyes, like saying thank you for saving me and giving me a forever home.  I don't undertand how someone could abuse an animal.  I always told my kids that animals are God's creatures just like us and should be treated with love and respect and gentleness.  I am 72 years old and my little Pookie is my loving companion and my forever sweetheart.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 170 of 216

Labrador Retriever

Kudos
Views