Hundreds of Member Benefits. One Convenient Place to Explore Them. Check it Out!

Info Seeker

Re: What is the funniest thing your pet does?

Message 11 of 33

My sister and I live together with our wonderful rescue cats, Butterscotch and Noel. In the morning Noel will come to me in bed and lick my bald 68 year old head. 

Later I get up and both come and visit me on the "throne" and leave after they know I am "OKAY"!!! I must give them a tickle or they will be upset.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 12 of 33

That is so funny, cute, and adorable.  How can you get mad at these crazy cats?  There just little kids covered in fur.  LOL

Info Seeker

Message 13 of 33

In 1984 I bottlefed and raised a tuxedo cat that had the best personality of any cat I have ever seen or owned, and that has been many.  He liked broccoli, olives, asparagus, grapefruit and a little coffee if he could share mine.  Our daughter fixed a broccoli and cheese casserole to take to a Singles party at the church.  She took it from the oven and went to her room to get dressed.  She passed by me to the kitchen to pick up her beautiful dish when I heard a shriek and a naughty word from my daughter.  The cat was sitting by the dish using a front claw to dip into the dish and pull out and eat the cheese covered broccoli.

Krazykat

Info Seeker

Message 14 of 33

I so desperately wanted to take my kitty cat out for a daily walk but he would not have any part in it.  He would not let me put a leash on him and when I did he would lay down on his side and not budge an inch. I purchased a stroller specifically designed for cats.  It's very sturdy and just like a child's stroller but more just for cats or small dogs.  Well low and behold, he LOVES it and we now go for a daily walk.  In fact, I keep it by the front door and when he wants to go out he hops up into it on his own, looks at me as if to say well let's go, I'm ready for my walk.  I zip it up and away we go.  Just to test things out again I put a leash on him, and once again he just laid there like a big lump and wouldn't move.  Isn't that hysterical?   

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 33
@2Papa: if your dog's hilarious habits aren't fit to print, those are the ones we want to read about!!
Super Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 33

My dog has some hilarious habits but they are not fit to put into print!

Gold Conversationalist

TV and friends visit

Message 17 of 33

Orion, a Japanese Bobtail, gets in the recliner and wiggles at my side until I scoot over and give him room beside me. He watches TV and gets upset if a show ends before he wants it to.
He also has a friend that knocks on the storm door for him to play.

Silver Conversationalist

Message 18 of 33

I am blessed with 2 awesome fur-babies!!  My little Football Carmella ( a chihuahua who weighs over 7#'s) and really does look like a football.  LOL  She loves her DADDY so much that when he leaves she waits for him at the door, even if he is gone for hours.  She has learned how to howl, she points her head up and really looks like her lips are in an "O".  She howls when anyone comes to the door, she knows the sound of the UPS truck the mailman and the FED X man too.  She has become our own little special girl!!  Now, for my MIA who is a Siamese mix.  She weighs 17#'s and is THE BOSS of us all.  She doesn't tolerate many people.  I am her Mama and she still bites me on any of her whims.  Very loud and will argue with you, she HAS to have the last WORD.  Every morning she follows me to the restroom, and I swear she has learned to say MA and MAMA!!  She has her own routine and won't leave me alone until I do her stuff.  She has 5 treats in the AM then I have to give her fresh water with 4 ice cubes on each side.  LOL  We feel like our fur-babies are our own lifesavers.  I don't know how anyone can mistreat animals.  They bring us so much JOY!!

Silver Conversationalist

Message 19 of 33
This reminds me of my MOM'S cat, she loved cucumbers. If you had one we had to share with her. Her name was TINGA LINA
Info Seeker

Message 20 of 33

Long gone and greatly missed, my white cat Yoda used to greet my arrival home from work by jumping on the roof of the car and firmly placing his paw on my head as I tried to exit the vehicle.  We had great conversations,

My newly adopted dog Baily loves to fetch a tennis ball.  She carries the ball around in her mouth like a pacifier, tries to talk around it, and even tries to accept a carrot without releasing the ball.   When she is serious about wanting to chase it and I can't get outdoors she throws the ball into my lap and stares at it until I toss it for her.  She will sit for 20 minutes like that.  If I don't respond she retrieves the ball and throws it again.  Rinse and repeat.  In fact she is doing that as I write this post.  She is the funniest dog I have ever known.

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.