Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What is the funniest thing your pet does?

Community Manager
Community Manager

What is the funniest thing your pet does?

I always laugh at my dog when he perches himself on the one my comfy chairs, like a cat to look out the windows.Bris perchingBris perching

Share a fun picture or story about your pet

AARPTeri
Honored Social Butterfly

Reef Ears 16 Weeks.jpg

He just looks super-goofy when playing.   😄

Conversationalist

Our cat is the boss of our property, of course. Sometimes we call her 'The Inspector' because everything has to be checked out by her before we bring it in.  When she wants you to pet her, she rises up on her hind legs, lifting her head as high as she can - this looks awkward & hilarious!  We call it Pet-O-Matic.  It cracks us up every time!

Periodic Contributor

My Noel thinks I'm her baby kitten.

She's 14.

I'm 69 and bald.

She wakes me up to lick my head from right to left in a row going from eyebrows to top of my head.

Believe me you wake up!!

Contributor

My cat used to sleep on wardrobe. Once he just dropped PC's box from it.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

My OliverB gives me bleps every single day.  A blep is that lazy tongue that sticks out, sometimes for hours at a time.  OliverB has never learned to police his tongue.  So this is my daily view, very high on the cuteness scale.

Oliver blep  cropped.jpgOliver blep  cropped.jpg

Bronze Conversationalist

When one of my roosters first starting crowing, he'd "sing" the first four notes of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony (G-G-G-E flat).  Guess what I named him?  

Honored Social Butterfly

@ip3285 wrote:

When one of my roosters first starting crowing, he'd "sing" the first four notes of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony (G-G-G-E flat).  Guess what I named him?  

Lemme guess.....MOZART?Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@LydiaN586309 Nope, and not Elvis either!!
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

We have a new puppy at our home.  She has wiggled  herself right into my heart!!  Her name is LULU and she is one busy girl. She is over the top of cuteness!!  One of her many talents...she sits on her bottom just like a person.  Our 5 year old chiwawa has kind of been rebellous since she came.  We have had her 1 month and Carmella has decided that she isn't leaving so now they play off and on all day!!!  Now my Mia (siamese mix) is not going to accept her quickly.  She comes out of my blinds slinking low to the ground, she does this CUTE and UNIQUIE way of sitting on her haunches sitting like a PRAIRIE DOG!!  Watching LULU like a hawk.  LOL  She wants to get her so bad but...she is still not sure of this puppy!!  Sometime I think what was we thinking, getting another animal.  LOL  But...hubby has stepped up to help out with the potty training.  We defintly have fun with our fur babies!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Kroger Feedback

@AARPTeri wrote:

I always laugh at my dog when he perches himself on the one my comfy chairs, like a cat to look out the windows.Bris perchingBris perching

Share a fun picture or story about your pet

My dog is afraid of grapes.

We were setting up a basket of fruits. There were grapes. I threw him one. He ran away.

Spent the next 3 hours staring intently at it in case it did something evil.

0 Kudos
Contributor

This happened when I was a kid and still lived in my mother's house in France. One morning, I opened the shutters of a room looking over the garden where our dog was strolling. As she heard the shutters, she looked back and up, checking what was happening. She did so while walking and ran into the trash can. Bang. Cartoon-like situation.

She jumped back and barked at the can. I think she was embarrassed.

0 Kudos

My Jack Russell, Baby, barks very little, but as people leave the house, she runs and barks at them as they go out the door.  She also loves to lie on the high back of the couch, or jump onto a chair so she can lean over and look out the window to see if friends are out walking on our street.  She loves watching dogs on the TV and squeals and runs "with" them if they are running, and ads are one of her favorite things to watch.  She keeps me entertained.

Bronze Conversationalist

When many people think of pets, they think of dogs and cats.  Well, I have dogs, but just as much love and fun comes from my three goats.  I have the mother, Venus, and her twin daughters Sunshine and Rainbow, who were born here on my farm.  One day Venus and Rainbow were picking on Sunshine and trying to eat her food, (they each have their own food bin), so I put food in a separate bucket and held it while Sunshine ate her breakfast from it.  She got spoiled fast!  Now when I go down to feed the "girls" in the morning, Rainbow and Venus head for their own food buckets, and Sunshine stands in front of me, waiting for me to hold the food bucket while she eats her breakfast.  All three goats love to get brushed, and push each other out of the way when I brush them in the morning, like they're saying "me first, Mom!"   The best thing  - well, have you ever heard goats "talk"?  They say "MAAA".  So as I'm brushing and feeding them, they're all saying "MAAA" like they're talking to me.  And yes, I talk to them, too.  

Kudos
Views
Contributor

LOL hilarious
Barb
Super Contributor

I love these stories!  Our furry friends are the absolute BEST!  I rescued my Buzzy Boo-Eyes when his mother abandoned him & his sister at about 3 weeks old.  (the sister, whom I named Lazera, was too weak and passed after 3 days).  Buzzy had to be bottle-fed, and when I took him off the bottle, he started sucking his paw pad for comfort.  He lived to be almost 14, and continued to suck his paw, only when he was snuggling with me, safe and content.  Today (1/6) is a sad day, as it marks the 3rd anniversary of my Buzzy's passing.  I held him & comforted him as he passed away in my arms.  I've never had a friend like him & will love and miss him forever.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@rockaria: Just think of the void that would have been in your life if you hadn't had your sweet Buzzy in your life for those almost 14 years. You gave him a good live and he gave you one, too. The love of a pet is something that many people never experience, and you and Buzzy are two of the lucky few.
0 Kudos
Contributor

My pit always wakes me around 8:00, but when I choose to rollover, she'll jump on the bed and nuzzle her way under my head, replacing my pillow with herself.

Periodic Contributor

EVERYTHING! From trying to get my attention by laying on his back (Trevor knows that once I spot him, it will put a smile on my face), or when Tevor watchesCute As A Button TrevorCute As A Button Trevor television for a split second. Trevor has turned into a therapy cat who can turn a frown upside down (on your face).

Periodic Contributor

So cute!
Molly C.
0 Kudos
Contributor

My terrier mix(Bella)has an ottoman in the front window where she loves to sit and watch the world. When I put out her breakfast(dry kibble)she will go and get a mouthful then go get on the ottoman, spit it out and eat it one piece at a time while she watches out the window. Sometimes when she is feeling lovey toward my other dog she will go get a mouthful and put it next to her so she can have breakfast with a view too!

Contributor

In 1984 I bottlefed and raised a tuxedo cat that had the best personality of any cat I have ever seen or owned, and that has been many.  He liked broccoli, olives, asparagus, grapefruit and a little coffee if he could share mine.  Our daughter fixed a broccoli and cheese casserole to take to a Singles party at the church.  She took it from the oven and went to her room to get dressed.  She passed by me to the kitchen to pick up her beautiful dish when I heard a shriek and a naughty word from my daughter.  The cat was sitting by the dish using a front claw to dip into the dish and pull out and eat the cheese covered broccoli.

Krazykat

Periodic Contributor

That is so funny, cute, and adorable.  How can you get mad at these crazy cats?  There just little kids covered in fur.  LOL

Periodic Contributor

My sister and I live together with our wonderful rescue cats, Butterscotch and Noel. In the morning Noel will come to me in bed and lick my bald 68 year old head. 

Later I get up and both come and visit me on the "throne" and leave after they know I am "OKAY"!!! I must give them a tickle or they will be upset.

Social Butterfly

My dog has some hilarious habits but they are not fit to put into print!

Bronze Conversationalist

@2Papa: if your dog's hilarious habits aren't fit to print, those are the ones we want to read about!!
Periodic Contributor

I so desperately wanted to take my kitty cat out for a daily walk but he would not have any part in it.  He would not let me put a leash on him and when I did he would lay down on his side and not budge an inch. I purchased a stroller specifically designed for cats.  It's very sturdy and just like a child's stroller but more just for cats or small dogs.  Well low and behold, he LOVES it and we now go for a daily walk.  In fact, I keep it by the front door and when he wants to go out he hops up into it on his own, looks at me as if to say well let's go, I'm ready for my walk.  I zip it up and away we go.  Just to test things out again I put a leash on him, and once again he just laid there like a big lump and wouldn't move.  Isn't that hysterical?   

Regular Contributor

Orion, a Japanese Bobtail, gets in the recliner and wiggles at my side until I scoot over and give him room beside me. He watches TV and gets upset if a show ends before he wants it to.
He also has a friend that knocks on the storm door for him to play.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Contributor

I am blessed with 2 awesome fur-babies!!  My little Football Carmella ( a chihuahua who weighs over 7#'s) and really does look like a football.  LOL  She loves her DADDY so much that when he leaves she waits for him at the door, even if he is gone for hours.  She has learned how to howl, she points her head up and really looks like her lips are in an "O".  She howls when anyone comes to the door, she knows the sound of the UPS truck the mailman and the FED X man too.  She has become our own little special girl!!  Now, for my MIA who is a Siamese mix.  She weighs 17#'s and is THE BOSS of us all.  She doesn't tolerate many people.  I am her Mama and she still bites me on any of her whims.  Very loud and will argue with you, she HAS to have the last WORD.  Every morning she follows me to the restroom, and I swear she has learned to say MA and MAMA!!  She has her own routine and won't leave me alone until I do her stuff.  She has 5 treats in the AM then I have to give her fresh water with 4 ice cubes on each side.  LOL  We feel like our fur-babies are our own lifesavers.  I don't know how anyone can mistreat animals.  They bring us so much JOY!!

Contributor

Long gone and greatly missed, my white cat Yoda used to greet my arrival home from work by jumping on the roof of the car and firmly placing his paw on my head as I tried to exit the vehicle.  We had great conversations,

My newly adopted dog Baily loves to fetch a tennis ball.  She carries the ball around in her mouth like a pacifier, tries to talk around it, and even tries to accept a carrot without releasing the ball.   When she is serious about wanting to chase it and I can't get outdoors she throws the ball into my lap and stares at it until I toss it for her.  She will sit for 20 minutes like that.  If I don't respond she retrieves the ball and throws it again.  Rinse and repeat.  In fact she is doing that as I write this post.  She is the funniest dog I have ever known.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP