Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Saying Goodbye to My Baby

Message 1 of 44

Having a rescue dog is wonderful and a blessing to the dog you take home. My dog that I just had to let go was also a rescue. she was my loyal companion through two cancers. She was always there moreso than any human I know, But when it is time for them to leave us for a peaceful and painfree life we do what is best for the dog . We take away their pain for ours. And I get through my loss knowing that. Don't hold on to your dog because you can't bear to let her or him go. Do what is best for your dog.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 44

Yes it is hard to say goodby. But you are taking away their pain for your pain and it is time to let go. I just had to a few weeks ago. I also think there should be a  vet who will come to your home and give the injection in a place that is comfortable for your pet. A lot of time you alone can't carry your pet in to the vet and taking them there is too stressful for you and your pet. I think some of the vets should offer to come to your home.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 44

Welcome.  Sorry you are going through this.  Please try to focus on all the years of love and comfort she enjoyed with you.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 44

Hi Patty,

I just joined this site.  I am unsure how it works but I am giving it a try.  I too am going to soon say goodby to my Baby---Mylie--my Doberman.  I got her as a rescue and we have been together for over ten (10) years.  I love her so much.  She has not been a healthy dog.  She is everything to me.  My heart breaks for you too.  

msdobergirl

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 44

WOW, amazing and I am so happy I was able to help.  I am currently trying to crochet beds for cats to give to the local shelter.  Doesn't seem to be working very well, but I will continue to try until I get it right. 

Carrie

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 44

Pyepye56,

I found you!!!Heart

I wanted to say THANK YOU, for the directions on cat beds!!!. I dropped off 15 yesterday. Only 10 more to go.!! I posted something to you under Favorite pet breeds. I made an assembly line, and got the veterans involved. What a great time, Thanks to you.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 44

I would be happy to try this. Anything I can find that keeps the dust down would be really appeciated. Cat Happy

Carrie - you can also contact me at faastdunne@yahoo.com.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 44

I'm not sure about uploading pictures but the one I did I did by drag and drop.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 44

How do I post pictures on this site?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 44

Thanks so much,

Know I can keep my word to the CATS at  the ASPCA. I signed up to.make 20'beds. YOU mentioned CAT TENTS in your post. Would the cats at ASPCA like them.also ?.  

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera