Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Saying Goodbye to My Baby

Message 21 of 44

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.  I have tried to see the positive side  of this.  I need to outlive my pets because should something happen to me, it would be a real burden for my son to find suitable homes for them.  Rocky was loved, not only by me, but the other animals.  He was loved by my Vet and his staff.  He had the unusual habit of chewing things.  I loved him too much to get too upset with him.  I have cleaned and moved his "fat boy" litter box and his special bed.  Life moves on and I cry less.  Even if I go down as that "crazy cat lady", that will be OK for me.  

To all of you who have and love your pets, I say you are the best people ever.

Soosie

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 44

@Soosie   I'm sorry to read about Rocky, Soosie, and hope you are working your way through your grief.  Thanks for letting us know.   Pam

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 44

So sorry, I know how much you love your furry children.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 44

@Soosie - I'm sorry for your loss of Rocky! Smiley Sad One of my cats had kidney failure, and the other liver failure. It's sad, but you did the right things for him.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 44

I am just now getting to this group again to offer my sadness, hope for better days and love of fur babies to anyone who has lost their pet.  My beautiful Rocky, a male Manx who had no tail had to be put to sleep on New Year's Eve.  He beat the odds several times, but my Vet had told me several months ago that I would soon have to make the decision I so dreaded.  The day before New Year's Eve, the Vet told me he only had days.  His liver had failed.  I asked if he thought he was in any apparent pain and the Vet said he thought not.  I told him I wanted to take him home one more night.  I spent all night cuddling and talking to him.  He was such a lap cat and so loving.  The next morning he was too weak to walk.  I called the Vet and told them we would be there.  I had Rocky in the carrier and when he whimpered, I opened the carrier and put my hand on him.  Soon, he some way managed to walk to my legs and want in my lap.  I cuddled him until the end.  As always, Rocky knew I needed his support.    One of the men who works with me wife works for a cremation group and she gave me this gift of Rocky's ashes.  I was physically ill for several days because a part of my heart was gone.  The other animals have looked for him.  Big, silly Wally dog thought Rocky was his baby.

Animals have always  brought me friendship, joy and companionship.

To PattyDiane who lost her baby, I send my love and understand the void.

Soosie

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 44

I'm sorry for your loss. I recently lost my Brandy, a 13 yr old mini Dashcshund. I have severe arthritis and she was my support dog.  I have purchased a 6mth old Yorkie. I just couldn't stand the being all alone. I hope I've made the right choice. This housebreaking seems harder than it used to be.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 44

PatyDiane, I'm so very sorry. I just checked a minute ago to see what the situation with Brandi was, so sorry to see that she past away. My thoughts and prayers are with you. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 44

@PattyDiane   Patty,  You have my condolences and sympathy on Brandi's passing.  I am glad she was able to be at home with you until it came time for her to make the journey over that Rainbow Bridge.  Your post brought tears to my eyes, & I feel sad, but I know Brandi needed to go on, if her body was failing her.  Am glad your friend was looking out for you, by thoughtfully bringing you some lunch.  Please take good care of yourself in the days ahead.  Am sure life at your house seems quite changed now, but I am glad you were able to realize that Brandi really needed to move on.  Both you & she were so fortunate the day she came to live with you.     Pam

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 44

Patty, I have been looking for word from you as I knew the end was near.  This last week  must have been one of the hardest of your life.  Take comfort in that Brandi had a long & happy life.   Only 2 of my dogs reached that age.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 44

@PattyDiane - I'm sorry for your loss! Smiley Sad Both of my cats grew very weak towards the end, and didn't want to eat. I said point blank to the vet that I wished they'd go on their own terms, than for me to have to make that decision. But in a way that's one thing we can do for our pets, that we can't do for relatives, when we all know it's the right time.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views