Your pain isn't like anyone else's, and science is homing in on better treatments. Read about the newest ways to break pain's grip.

Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

RE: Rabies Shots

Message 1 of 4

My vet has had a case of rabies in  an animal that had the 3 year.  So she advocates annual vaccine.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

RE: Rabies Shots

Message 2 of 4

In Response to Rabies Shots by lesur5783

Always be very careful with Rabies shots for your  cats. Never use the 3 year version only  the 1 year purvax without adjuncts.

I wish  I had known this because it  would  have saved my 7 year old cat Kayce's life.  I had to have her leg amputated in June and the VAS (vaccine assoiated sarcoma) came back in October.  You can read more on the vas support group via Yahoo.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Rabies Shots

Message 3 of 4

My vet has started giving one year rabies shots instead of the prev 2-3 year series. He says there is less side effects. I have two cats Simon (snowshoe and Newman short hair). Hard to imagine life without them.

Not sure about this answer.  What is everyone elses experience, with this subject.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Rabies Shots

Message 3 of 4

My vet has started giving one year rabies shots instead of the prev 2-3 year series. He says there is less side effects. I have two cats Simon (snowshoe and Newman short hair). Hard to imagine life without them.

Not sure about this answer.  What is everyone elses experience, with this subject.

Kudos
Views
Replies