You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

RE: Precious Quaker Parrot Named Buddy

Message 1 of 3

What a wonderful pet.  This shows something that most people don't know---birds can make wonderful and loving companions--especially parrots, but other types as well.  I have had canaries, cockatiels, chickens, etc.  I now have a tiny Pacific Parrotlet named Mr. Dinky.  They are even smaller than lovebirds, but like tiny dogs, they have no idea how small they are.  My bird used to ride around on my old cat's back.  She was very old then, and may not have been aware of him, but it was an incredible sight.  When I let him out of his cage, he flies over and lands on my shoulder, and if I'm eating, expects to have whatever I'm having, and he'll eat it right out of my mouth, like a baby bird.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Precious Quaker Parrot Named Buddy

Message 2 of 3

Buddy has owned me for around 8 years and has been my therapist during all the times I lost family members to death and when my adopted son went to prison.  I would cry all night and sometimes go get Buddy in the middle of the night and hold him and snuggle with him while I was crying and so sad.  He never once complained or fussed at me.  He would just snuggle up to me and nibble on my face.  He never once tried to bite me even though he had probably been sound asleep.  Sometimes he would whimper a little like he was crying with me.  I have two foster daughters with me now and he loves them and follows them down the hall and goes into their rooms and hollers "peek-a-boo".  He had rather sleep in a little cardboard box than in his big fine cage and when he goes in the box to go to sleep at night he says "Go to bed?  Goodnight."  God surely placed him with me to help me through the bad times.  He is my little angel.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Precious Quaker Parrot Named Buddy

Message 2 of 3

Buddy has owned me for around 8 years and has been my therapist during all the times I lost family members to death and when my adopted son went to prison.  I would cry all night and sometimes go get Buddy in the middle of the night and hold him and snuggle with him while I was crying and so sad.  He never once complained or fussed at me.  He would just snuggle up to me and nibble on my face.  He never once tried to bite me even though he had probably been sound asleep.  Sometimes he would whimper a little like he was crying with me.  I have two foster daughters with me now and he loves them and follows them down the hall and goes into their rooms and hollers "peek-a-boo".  He had rather sleep in a little cardboard box than in his big fine cage and when he goes in the box to go to sleep at night he says "Go to bed?  Goodnight."  God surely placed him with me to help me through the bad times.  He is my little angel.

Kudos
Views
Replies